Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

R.I.P Paul Gray

Started by Vesanic, May 24, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on May 27, 2010, 08:12 AM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on May 27, 2010, 04:06 AM
Quote from: Bergerac on May 25, 2010, 11:57 PM
Well, Scissors was my favourite of their songs, and the breakdown at the end I consider to be the heaviest thing done in metal yet. It's not necessarily the loudest, or the fastest, but it's the heaviest because it has the angriest atmosphere of anything.

Not to butt into this sob-fest thread and ruin the mood again, but I'd just like to point out that that is complete bullshit.

First of all, that is completely a matter of opinion and second, I really don't think that "heaviness" is defined even REMOTELY by anger. In fact, all of the heaviest music I've ever heard has nothing to do with anger at all. For example, I would consider anything in the entire genre of doom or drone to be way fucking heavier than anything done by Slipknot ever and fuck man, most of those bands write songs about wizards, trolls and smoking weed. Never about how pissed off they are at the world.
I just listened to that.  I would say the end of "beware" is heavier than that

Wait, listened to what? The every doom and drone band/song ever? Because that sir, I doubt.

Variable

It turns me on so much when you agree with me.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I don't agree with you, I fucked up my quote because I'm an idiot.

Variable

lol, I figured.  I wanted to get that in before you could fix it.

but no you ass.  I listened to the end of scissors like that kid was talking about.  Duh

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Fuck you, I'm hung over as a motherfucker.

Yeah, the end of that song is like really shitty grindcore. And I don't consider grindcore to be...heavy, by definition. I associate heaviness with general thickness of sound. Not tempo or "anger".

Electric Wizard - Funeralopolis

That is heavy. Thick. Burly. Vibrates your entire body.

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I can only think of two bands that are heavier than Electric Wizard IMO, and that's Earth and Sunn0))). But I am pretty unable to handle drone. I have to say though, the only time I've ever like Kurt Cobain is when he did a song with Earth.

Earth - Divine and Bright

Also, Earth's Hex or Printing in the Infernal Method is probably one of my favorite albums ever and would make an unbelievable soundtrack to a western movie.

fireflyry

Don't forget Eyehategod.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Bergerac

That's because the heaviness I'm talking about is the atmosphere, not 'literal' sonic heaviness you fucking tard.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Then how can you call a song heavy if it doesn't literally sound heavy?

defskull

I'm pretty sure you can call any song heavy.  If a song feels heavy to you then it is.  There's no set definition to what heavy is. 

E-Money

Necrocetaceanbeastiality, thanks for sharing that Electric Wizard song!  Shit looks prettty cool, I had never really given them a chance. 

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: stapezee on May 28, 2010, 03:51 AM
Necrocetaceanbeastiality, thanks for sharing that Electric Wizard song!  Shit looks prettty cool, I had never really given them a chance. 

Oh man, Electric Wizard is unbelievable. Get Dopethrone and Come my Fanatics.

E-Money

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on May 28, 2010, 04:02 AM
Quote from: stapezee on May 28, 2010, 03:51 AM

Oh man, Electric Wizard is unbelievable. Get Dopethrone and Come my Fanatics.

I will for sure man, I dont know why I hadn't heard of them.  definitely gonna check them out