Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The caffeine appreciation thread.

Started by Variable, May 26, 2010, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Coffee, chocolate, and tobacco are all great things.  Maybe I should change the name of this thread to that. 

It's an acquired taste though.  I doubt you liked beer the first time you tried it either?  I sure as shit didn't.  But if you give it a chance, you will warm up to it and it becomes amazing. 

downtownpony

Yeah coffee took me a while to appreciate. Starbucks helped me get used to the coffee taste with their frappacinos and other gay drinks. Beware though.
" Scientists have identified 1,000 different chemicals in a cup of coffee. But how many of the 1,00 chemicals have been tested in animal cancer studies? Only 22-- leaving 978 compounds in your morning java about which we know very little. And of those 22 that were tested, were any found to be carcinogens or cancer causing compounds? Yes. 17 are carcinogens."  From "the truth about coffee" video on utube.

Variable

alvarezbassist17

Fuck your topic, you're just trying to legitimize your addiction :P

Variable

Yeah I think I'm just looking for approval to justify it. 

Corleone

Quote from: downtownpony on May 30, 2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah coffee took me a while to appreciate. Starbucks helped me get used to the coffee taste with their frappacinos and other gay drinks. Beware though.
" Scientists have identified 1,000 different chemicals in a cup of coffee. But how many of the 1,00 chemicals have been tested in animal cancer studies? Only 22-- leaving 978 compounds in your morning java about which we know very little. And of those 22 that were tested, were any found to be carcinogens or cancer causing compounds? Yes. 17 are carcinogens."  From "the truth about coffee" video on utube.

Who are these "scientists"? Are they employed by the Green Tea companies? ;)

Vesanic

Quote from: Variable on May 30, 2010, 08:01 PM
Coffee, chocolate, and tobacco are all is a great thing.  

Fixed.

Variable

Vesanic

Corleone

I dunno who to trust anymore, sick of everyone lying. It's prob fluoride killing us all.

Variable

Quote from: Vesanic on May 30, 2010, 11:31 PM
Don't be a bigger pussy.
I'm not a pussy, I'm a dick.  I fuck pussies.  And coffee doesn't taste icky to me, so that's something too.

Variable

Thats always one subject everyone can agree on. 

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Variable on May 30, 2010, 11:36 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on May 30, 2010, 11:31 PM
Don't be a bigger pussy.
I'm not a pussy, I'm a dick.  I fuck pussies.  And coffee doesn't taste icky to me, so that's something too.

But dicks ALSO fuck assholes.

And I also love coffee and tobacco, especially in combination.  Also, fuck sugar and cream, I like my coffee black as the night.

Variable

Black coffee is an acquired taste that I'm glad I was determined to like.  It is really so much better.  Plus you get to skip a lot of needless sugars and calories and still enjoy the decoction.   

alvarezbassist17

wtf is decoction? sounds like decepticon kind of :o 

But my girlfriend loves that shit, she puts like two kinds of sugar in it and all of that flavored cream shit and it just starts tasting like juice, gross.  I haven't a clue how some people stay skinny.

Variable

de·coct
   /dɪˈkɒkt/ Show Spelled[dih-kokt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to extract the flavor or essence of by boiling.

–noun
the act of decocting.
Pharmacology.
a.
an extract obtained by decocting.
b.
water in which a crude vegetable drug has been boiled and which therefore contains the constituents or principles of the substance soluble in boiling wate

Variable

It's what I call coffee, because I'm a nerd

wax

Variable

That actually looks really good.  Besides its obvious implied implication.