Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

White Pony 10 Year Anniversary

Started by Menos el Oso, May 26, 2010, 07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menos el Oso

I wonder if the Deftones are going to do anything special for the 10 year anniversary of White Pony, coming up on June 20th. It would be cool if they would release it in Vinyl format.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Technically it would be a re-release on vinyl. But it would be totally cool if they did a re-press.

Vesanic

It would be cool if they played the whole record at the show scheduled on that date, but it's a festival, so forget about it.

epistaxis

It's also Chino's birthday, would be cool if they would do something with it.
I would definitely buy the record on vinyl.

deftones86

Ive been meaning to buy a new WP album anyway.

anguria

Quote from: Vesanic on May 26, 2010, 01:23 PM
It would be cool if they played the whole record at the show scheduled on that date, but it's a festival, so forget about it.
:D If they'll ever do such a thing in Europe, I'll be there, even in Iceland. Well, I'd probably be there too...

mono

saltinut1

doubt it seein how there has been no advertisement for it. would have been cool tho
Quote from: Penicks on Mar 25, 2010, 08:09 PM
DEY ONLEY REALEASE DIDMAOND ASS N ROKET SKATE SO HWO DUD U GET IT??????
Quote from: Penicks on Jan 05, 2011, 07:01 PM
it sino bein sad cuz wendys woz al out of hambruges

stoneFeD

who gives a funk...obviously you all

defmkjah22

10 yrs???   Damn!!!  Maybe i should quit the smokin', im still stuck in 2000 mode.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Menos el Oso on May 26, 2010, 07:35 AM
I wonder if the Deftones are going to do anything special for the 10 year anniversary of White Pony, coming up on June 20th. It would be cool if they would release it in Vinyl format.

kind of lame to release it in vinyl once again? pretty unimaginative for an anniversary

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

Far away

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 27, 2010, 04:24 PM
Quote from: Menos el Oso on May 26, 2010, 07:35 AM

kind of lame to release it in vinyl once again? pretty unimaginative for an anniversary

It would actually be perfect since vinyl is in such a higher demand these days than it was around ten years ago. Plus, its an excellent album to have on vinyl and those fans who would like to own it and don't want to pay ridiculous prices on eBay for the extremely limited presses of it would have their chance.

Sushi-X

Well today is the tenth anniversary of  White Pony. And since the band or the label aren't doing anything to celebrate. I figured why don't we share our stories about WP

Rocket Skates '94

Vesanic

Who knows... Maybe they will do something special at Southside festival today. :)

Sushi-X

Damn phone.

So I picked this CD up like back in 03. Some months after S/t came out. My first listen, let's just say I didn't get 'it'. Like it didn't have that traditional dynamics you heard in music on the radio at that time. But 'Change' and 'Pink Maggit' kept me coming back to it.  Needless to say but this album definitely grew on me over the years. One of my top favorites.

Rocket Skates '94

Sushi-X

@Vesanic: I HOPE! Play the entire album. I'd kill to see that. Haha

Rocket Skates '94

White Wrist

aj