Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Arcade Fire

Started by White Wrist, May 27, 2010, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wrist

bright lights, big city

finally indeed. very good band. Funeral is phenominal.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 27, 2010, 05:09 PM

their music weakens with each release in my opinion... funeral was incredible. neon bible was good. the next should be average, lol

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ben

I think both of their albums are very good.  It's just the fact that they are huge cunts that kind of turns me off them. 

White Wrist

they are a really good band. i am into them since a year ago. I started with NB and then Funeral.

I really dig the sound, the atmosphere. they are one of my fav bands, right now.

why are they "cunts", ben?

ben

They've gotten into so many damn fights with other musicians.  Because they are actually really good, they have a huge sense of entitlement to discuss areas such as politics like they're Robert McNamara.  It's fine if you want to be like Radiohead...just make fun of every other band...but don't try to act like you are some political genius. 

But with that aside, Funeral and Neon Bible are incredible albums.

If you like Arcade Fire, I suggest checking out Echo and the Bunnymen's album "Ocean Rain".

chick de la lynch

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 28, 2010, 06:32 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 27, 2010, 05:09 PM

their music weakens with each release in my opinion... funeral was incredible. neon bible was good. the next should be average, lol

Yeah, I've definitely lost interest in Arcade Fire over the years. Neon Bible was a good album but you can't compare it to Funeral.

black coffee

Quote from: ben on May 29, 2010, 01:40 AM

But with that aside, Funeral and Neon Bible are incredible albums.

Really good live band as well.