Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Winter European Tour w/30 Seconds To Mars ?

Started by defsteve, May 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

So, Stef kind of lets the cat out of the bag in the Noise Creep interview about a winter European run with 30 Seconds To Mars. Chino looks shocked that he mentioned it. Hahaha. "But nothing is confirmed yet" kind of deal.

This would be a weird one. 30 Seconds To Mars just did an arena tour in the UK playing venues like the Manchester MEN which holds close to 20,000. If they toured the UK in say December '10 or January '11 then they would be able to play the same sized venues headlining.

So do they do the right thing and support Deftones OR do Deftones support 30 Seconds To Fucking Mars   :o :o

Given that Deftones is one of the dudes from TSTM favourite bands (source: this months Rock Sound) I would hope that they would be honoured to support Deftones. Deftones w/ special guests TSTM would guarantee a UK arena tour SELLOUT. Wow!  8)

Guess we will see if anything is said at Download in 2 weeks. Deftones are special guests on Main Stage at approx the same time 30 Seconds To Mars headline second stage....
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

black coffee

Let's be honest for a second - 30STM are having way too much success ( at least in Europe ), so your idea of them supporting the deftones seems very unlikely. And that's not coming from a fan of this band, which I am not.

defsteve

Apparently, Leto said in a recent Zane Lowe (BBC Radio 1) interview that they had a 'massive surprise' for UK fans at the end of the year.

The 'massive surprise' being that due to the opportunity that came up to tour with their favourite band they have accepted a support slot and will be supporting Deftones on a UK arena tour. Win!  ;D

ritasummerstar

If this is true, Deftones should definitely headline. They should be headlining the BlackDiamondSkye tour too. I was for sure expecting them to do their own tour in the winter but not in Europe....they're in Europe all summer....wth? 

E-Money

30stm is a fucking joke.  Its sad that the tones have to open for them.  The tones could write more radio friendly songs if they wanted to, but they're above that shit. 

defsteve

30STM just announced tour. Special guests are Enter Shikari

Phew!

E-Money

Quote from: defsteve on Jun 18, 2010, 11:14 AM
30STM just announced tour. Special guests are Enter Shikari

Phew!

Wow, dude thank u! Im so glad!! 

Menos el Oso

Yea, if they were to tour together, Deftones should definitely be the one headlining the tour. 30 Seconds to Mars didn't gain their fame until 2006 thanks to their mainstream hit "The Kill"  and then they just decided to continue making radio friendly music afterwards. I actually like their 1st cd that was released in 2001, because it was produced by Bob Ezrin, and it just doesn't sound like everything else that is on the radio right now. 

Starz

Unfortunately if 30STM and Deftones toured together, Deftones would be the support band always...

defsteve

Quote from: Starz on Jun 23, 2010, 08:23 AM
Unfortunately if 30STM and Deftones toured together, Deftones would be the support band always...

Thou shalt not blaspeme on sharinglungs

BigMood

Quote from: defsteve on Jun 23, 2010, 09:46 AM
Quote from: Starz on Jun 23, 2010, 08:23 AM

Thou shalt not blaspeme on sharinglungs

Amen!
"Dude, I totally pulled a Chino Moreno on her last night."

devilinside

Quote from: Menos el Oso on Jun 23, 2010, 01:31 AM
Yea, if they were to tour together, Deftones should definitely be the one headlining the tour. 30 Seconds to Mars didn't gain their fame until 2006 thanks to their mainstream hit "The Kill" and then they just decided to continue making radio friendly music afterwards. I actually like their 1st cd that was released in 2001, because it was produced by Bob Ezrin, and it just doesn't sound like everything else that is on the radio right now.  

False... I first heard of them with Capricorn in 2002.

30STM has a way larger fan base than Deftones,so they should headline the tour. Doesn't matter whose been out longer,it's about $$$...and 30STM can bring in more of that than Deftones. But I would freakin FLIP to see them both.  :D