Rocket Skates '94

theis

The whole cast is stellar.

blixa

Quote from: MxKnife on Jun 07, 2010, 04:46 PM
I guess no one is watchin purely because of Leo DiCaprio? Haha

hell no.

Jacob

whoa. I ususally find him hot, but in that picture he looks like a middle aged lady.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

blixa

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Jacob on Jun 08, 2010, 01:01 PM
whoa. I ususally find him hot, but in that picture he looks like a middle aged lady.

hahaha YES!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Inkblades

Can't wait to see this. Check the sig.

theis

bright lights, big city

i know man, i cannot wait to see this beast. it still stands as the only movie i'm REALLY looking forward. at least for this summer. Nolan never disappoints.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

theis

Snippets from early reviews:

"Inception is a masterpiece. Making a huge film with big ambitions, Christopher Nolan never missteps and manages to create a movie that, at times, feels like a miracle."

"Inception is an exhilarating cinematic experience that suggests there is still room, even in the blockbuster world, for big ideas and dangerous emotions, and that may be the single most thrilling thing about it."

"a stunning achievement and the most completely entertaining film I've seen in years."

"While THE DARK KNIGHT was the #1 film of 2008 and a pop-culture phenomenon, with INCEPTION, Nolan has truly created his magnum opus; an achievement of such grandeur, it's remarkable a film of this scale was made in this day and age. "

"Pure cinema at its best feels like dreaming with your eyes wide open. Cinema doesn't get much purer than INCEPTION."

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

!!!

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

bright lights, big city

shit that is some great editing!

my buddy got 4 tix for tomorrow night on IMAX. i haven't been this excited for a movie since Dark Knight.
DERP

theis

Awesome!

I have to wait till the 29th when it premieres in Denmark.

Fucking fuck fuckity fuck! :(

bright lights, big city

wow i would agree with that sentiment. that's awful, at this point i can't even wait 24 hours, let alone 2 whole weeks.
DERP

defskull

That movie was quite the mindfuck.  I think I'm going to see it again this weekend to wrap my mind around it.  Well done.  Also, Nolan leaves the audience with an ending that is open-ended just like The Prestige.  Seriously Nolan should just stop the Batman movies (yeah I said it) and stick to the original movies because they are so much more satisfying.

bright lights, big city

I wouldn't say that, as I still consider Dark Knight as the best superhero movie as well as one of my favorite movies of all time. That said, Inception is a goddamn masterpiece, a beautiful work of art, and as you said above, a total mindfuck. Once again, Nolan got the very best out of all the actors, and good god how awesome is Joseph Gordon-Levitt? He probably got a little lucky that he starred in the best action scenes of the whole film, but for being a former child star he has grown into a damn good actor.

The only problem I had with it was Hans Zimmer's soundtrack. It was a good soundtrack, but just seemed like it was too much for this movie. There was music constantly being played in the background, and his big, huge scores sometimes got in the way of the dialogue that was taking place. But then again I saw it on IMAX so a lot of scenes were just LOUDNESS. 8)

Basically though, I loved Inception and I need to see this again.
DERP

theis

Awesome, man.

Glad to hear you loved it. I'm almost positive I'm gonna love it myself now ;)

Can't wait to see Levitt's performance. He's easily one of my favorite actors.

ben

I don't want to give anything away...but I'd give it a  B to a B+.  There was something missing from this film and I think some of the great actors like Levitt and Watanabe were horribly misused.

However, I really did enjoy this film.  I think it will grow on me.  Cillian Murphy is a great actor.  Juno was very tolerable and good in it.  Some of the action sequences were amazingly stunning.  Good to see Tom Berenger have a nice role haha.  

My expectations were for something with more to think about afterwards...people say Kubrick, but I don't see that comparison at all.  Great action film with what I felt were some great moments of inspired emotion...but not a thinking man's classic.  Far from that.  I'm going to see it again in IMAX with new expectations that isn''t thinking this is our generation's Blade Runner...because unfortunately, it didn't take the torch.