Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Inception (spoiler alert)

Started by wither-I, May 30, 2010, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I cant wait to see it maybe next week :) It has a rating of 9.3 in less than 24 on imdb.com I know Nolan said he wont be recasting the joker for the next batman,start production April 2011, but Levitt does look a little bit as Heath and I think he would do a swell job.

bright lights, big city

the popular rumor for Batman 3 is that Levitt will be the Riddler.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

I don't see that as happening.  Or atleast I wish for it not to happen.  Why not use a better villain like Hush?  The Riddler is perhaps the shittiest of all villains. 

wither-I

as long as christian bale has no part in it..

anywho, looking forward to seeing this movie. hearing ben's response, if it doesnt take the torch to blade runner or some good old kubrick-esque-after-thinking, i dont know. we'll see, because thats what i was hoping for

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

In my opinion, it doesn't.  However, it is a really solid film and filled with a lot of good ideas (in regards to formulating a story and shooting film). 

defskull

SPOILER

[spoiler]I think the subplot with the Leo's wife was a little drawn out and I think that was the only problem I had with the movie[/spoiler]

ben

I'm seeing this again (in IMAX) today.

theis

It's currently #3 on IMDb top 250.

I think I'm gonna see this at least 3 times in the cinema.

Ugh, the waiting is killing me.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: ben on Jul 18, 2010, 02:56 PM
I'm seeing this again (in IMAX) today.
my mind was blown seeing it in IMAX.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Inkblades

Truly a fascinating film but one I'm going to have a see a couple more times to really wrap my head around.

Sushi-X

Saw it last night! Was expecting a bit more action but nonetheless it's a very very solid movie. Jospeh Gordon Leavitt was so bad ass.

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

if you've actually seen the movie, read this article. it drastically changed what i thought actually was happening in the movie.
http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/24477/1/NEVER-WAKE-UP-THE-MEANING-AND-SECRET-OF-INCEPTION/Page1.html
DERP

ben

Yea, that's an interesting interpretation.  One of many out there.  I've read a few more that I think are better.

and hey, all signs point to you were right about Levitt playing the Riddler:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/07/20/excl-studio-casting-names-the-riddler-as-batman-3-villain/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+firstshowing+%28FirstShowing.net%29

defskull

It's funny, even before the movie came out I thought that Leo in Inception looks like Christopher Nolan.  You look at pictures of them on the set and they're dressed the same way and have the hair slicked back similarly.  This seems to further suggest that theory.  Bravo Nolan, bravo.

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Jul 17, 2010, 07:08 PM
I don't want to give anything away...but I'd give it a  B to a B+.  There was something missing from this film and I think some of the great actors like Levitt and Watanabe were horribly misused.

However, I really did enjoy this film.  I think it will grow on me.  Cillian Murphy is a great actor.  Juno was very tolerable and good in it.  Some of the action sequences were amazingly stunning.  Good to see Tom Berenger have a nice role haha. 

My expectations were for something with more to think about afterwards...people say Kubrick, but I don't see that comparison at all.  Great action film with what I felt were some great moments of inspired emotion...but not a thinking man's classic.  Far from that.  I'm going to see it again in IMAX with new expectations that isn''t thinking this is our generation's Blade Runner...because unfortunately, it didn't take the torch.

dude, you said it perfectly.
to me, the acting was rigid and determined. maybe along with the script everything just seemed over-analyzed and over-correct, if that makes sense?
it was a good movie overall but not a thought afterwards. i really feel like i understood everything about the movie, and im not too fond. wouldnt care to see it again.
the dreamscapes could have been soooooo much more. everything seemed rigid. the landscapes were not there. i see absolutely no resemblance with kubrick.

but a nice movie, well thought out and executed.

61/2 out of 10

"coming into the nearness of distance"

defskull

If anyone wants their mind blown some more by the movie, watch the following video.  Obviously not for those that haven't seen the movie. 

Inception Music Comparison

bright lights, big city

also, coincidentally, the beautiful Marion Cotillard won the best actress Oscar for playing Edith Piaf. and the musical cue was intentional by Zimmer, even though Nolan supposedly didn't want to keep it in the film because the audience would be distracted. i saw this story on filmdrunk yesterday, so i can't take credit for this line, but this is hilarious:

QuoteOnly Christopher Nolan could overestimate his audience's intelligence so much that he'd worry that they could identify a Hans Zimmer musical cue as a super slowed-down version of a French song from 50 years ago, and THEN be distracted by the knowledge that said French song was sung by a woman who was portrayed by an actress who is also in Christopher Nolan's film.  I got tired just typing that.

Meanwhile, in another part of the country, Michael Bay shouted, "MORE ROBOT PISS! I want this audience laughing, and we can't assume they weren't buying nachos during the scene where the minstrel bots hump Megan Fox's leg!"

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/07/the-inception-music-is-really-just-other-music-slowed-down#more-31793
DERP

theis

What an extraordinary movie. My expectations were beyond fulfilled.

I don't really know what to say right now other than this is one of the few flawless movies I've ever seen. A piece of pure, original work.

THIS is really was cinema is all about. Can't wait to see it again.

10/10.

Beautiful.

ben

lol i'm sorry but that's ridiculous...but it's cool, you seem to hype stuff up at the beginning and after time you become a lot more level-headed. 

theis

No, it's not ridiculous.

Nowadays, movies are either a remake or a sequel...or just complete shit. This was 100% original and nothing like it has been seen before. It practically consisted of all the elements that I love about movies. That, and it had some of the best actors working today.

I always get hyped when Nolan does a new movie since he haven't disappointed me with anything yet. Other than that, no, I don't get easily hyped. No need for smart ass comments just because it didn't live up to what you thought it was going to be.