Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Inception (spoiler alert)

Started by wither-I, May 30, 2010, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

hahaha ok.  we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

wither-I

flawless?

you cant be serious. you just cant

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

honestly, I think it really is close to flawless. Overall, it might be my favorite movie since Dark Knight (although Inglourious Basterds is up there too). I'm with Theis all the way with this movie, and would even put it higher than Memento, which seems to be the film I've seen people compare it to. The Christopher Nolan dick-sucking is totally justified.

And Theis, did you read that article I posted several days ago? I'm interested if your theories are different, as that article changed how I looked at some of the scenes and even overall theme.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 29, 2010, 05:09 PM
flawless?

No, I only said it as a joke.

::)

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 29, 2010, 05:19 PM
And Theis, did you read that article I posted several days ago? I'm interested if your theories are different, as that article changed how I looked at some of the scenes and even overall theme.

Haven't read it yet. My head needs a day of rest before I read into any theories, haha.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 29, 2010, 05:19 PM
honestly, I think it really is close to flawless. Overall, it might be my favorite movie since Dark Knight (although Inglourious Basterds is up there too).

Also, agreed!

Nolan-dick-sucking-FTW!!!

ben

it's ok Wither-I, we are the right ones. 

defskull

Sigh...with opinions there is no right and wrong.

ben

And you are so intelligent, derrrr.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

beansandcornbread

flawless?

What would you consider, movie wise, as close to flawless as you've seen?  Just curious.  I just saw the movie last night without ever reading a review or knowing what it was about, and I thought it was brilliant. 

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Jul 29, 2010, 07:49 PM
it's ok Wither-I, we are the right ones. 

yeah its just sometimes i wish others could know how it feels, to be with it. its good to know there are others out there, thank you for just being you :)

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Jul 30, 2010, 05:34 PM
flawless?

What would you consider, movie wise, as close to flawless as you've seen?  Just curious.  I just saw the movie last night without ever reading a review or knowing what it was about, and I thought it was brilliant. 

a movie where every single frame is a perfect aesthetic composition...

theis

Haven't seen Bronson, but yeah, those other three are pretty flawless and Inception is up there with them in terms of originality, philosophy and execution.

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 30, 2010, 11:04 PM
yeah its just sometimes i wish others could know how it feels, to be with it.

Pretentious post of the month?

;)

ben

Yes the philosophy in Inception, including.........

bright lights, big city

yeah wither-i, I've got no problem putting this up there with There Will Be Blood. hell, even 2001 as well. blasphemy, I know.
DERP

Sinatra

Excellent Movie.
I heard people say "Wow, I'll never watch that again!" coming out of the theater.
Some people have to small of a brain for such a complex movie, its okay I understand.
Maybe you'll have better luck with Transformers 3  ::)

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Jul 31, 2010, 01:51 AM
Yes the philosophy in Inception, including.........

yeah duh man didnt you catch it... it was uhhm the one where you like create your own reality you know.. where like the absurd becomes YOU! and then the suicide of like how we live in modernity, and you know those dreamscapes were pristine! i wish i could live out eternity in a city like that! tall buildings devouring the sun..

if anyone wants to induce some life watch "synecdoche, new york".
the movie is everyone else.

Penicks

Great movie, way better than Dark Knight, but why the freaking fuck are Nolan movies so overhyped?

devilinside

I must say...that was pretty damn good. And I finally figured shit out on the way home. hahaha

theis

Quote from: Penicks on Jul 31, 2010, 08:55 PM
but why the freaking fuck are Nolan movies so overhyped?

Because he's one of the best modern day directors?

The man hasn't made one bad movie.

Penicks

theis

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 01, 2010, 11:00 AM
He ruined Batman.

Haha. Good one.

No, Tim Burton ruined Batman.