Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

okay...what the FUCK?!?!?!

Started by sing blue silver, May 30, 2010, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

i am the most confused i've ever been in my life.
i'm sitting here on my girlfriends laptop using a charger she got online about a month ago (from hong kong). i noticed it wasn't doing anything for some reason, unplugged it from the computer a few times and it wasn't helping, i got up to check switch the plug to see if that worked and saw this....

it shot sparks when it was plugged it. my girlfriend is gonna be pissed. also while taking that picture i saw the weirdest fucking bug i've ever seen. i'm pretty sure i'm entering some sort of twilight zone or gateway to hell in my basement. FUCK! so no more laptop for a couple weeks.

Penicks

sing blue silver

theis

Did you run it over with an office chair or something?

sing blue silver

nope. it was just sitting there. nothing around it. i can't understand it other than it was just a shoddy product. it does tend to get rather hot.

Variable

You could just buy a new cord

downtownpony

I hate apple power cords. For laptops.

Variable

Yeah, I'm not a real big fan of them for anything to be honest. 

While we are talking about apple and powercords.  Does anyone know if your iPod stops receiving a charge if you leave it on the charger once the iPod is fully charged?  I'm one of those anal people who has to let their iPod die ALL the way down and then I watch it charge all the way up and take it off the charger as soon as its fully charged, so as not to fry my battery.  Which is really a very annoying compulsion.  So I was wondering why apple hasn't made either their iPods or chargers smart enough to just shut off the charge once it is fully charged.  I have had cell phones that do this, so I know the technology is out there.  Then it made me wonder if they actually do, and I don't know this, and I'm just being retarded for no good reason. 

Penicks

Well, it gives a message saying it's charged so I'm pretty sure it stops once the battery is full.

Variable

Well my laptop says that too.  But I have shot the battery in that thing from leaving it plugged in all the time. 

Penicks

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1384

QuoteThe battery stops charging when it's full, so you don't have to worry if you leave it plugged in overnight (leaving your iPod connected to an electrical source all the time doesn't continuously charge it). Once the battery is charged (the battery icon will stop animating), disconnect your iPod. If you're using your computer to charge iPod, make sure that you disconnect  your iPod correctly when it's finished charging.

yay

Variable

"You can disconnect and use your iPod before the battery is fully charged, and you don't have to wait until it's completely empty before charging it again. This is because lithium-ion batteries, such as those used in iPod, have none of the memory effects seen in nickel-based rechargeable batteries."

It's a good thing you are no where near me right now.  Because I would be trying to hug you.  Thanks man. 

Penicks

Charging when the battery isn't empty will still drain overal battery life faster than doing the opposite though.

Variable

So you're saying still let it die all the way, but if it's only 80% charged when I take it off the charger, it's really not a big deal?

Penicks

Variable

lol, like I said.  It's a really annoying compulsion.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Looks like you have a rat, my man. Rats love to chew on wires.

alvarezbassist17

Yeah dude, that is most definitely an animal of some kind chewing on your shit.  Get a hold of the Verminators, and be sure to include that picture of you looking all emo with your chewed up cord.

Variable