Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Walking Dead AMC Series

Started by bebo, Jun 02, 2010, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftones86

I've never wanted a character to die more. Bitch caused more problems on this show than the hoards of zombies. but this shit is going to fuck Rick up.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: kurtone on Nov 08, 2012, 10:31 AM
They finally start giving T dog screen time and then kill him off lol

Funny how they also killed the token black guy, and in the same episode already had a new token black guy. There's no room for 2.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kurtone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 08, 2012, 02:03 PM
Quote from: kurtone on Nov 08, 2012, 10:31 AM
They finally start giving T dog screen time and then kill him off lol

Funny how they also killed the token black guy, and in the same episode already had a new token black guy. There's no room for 2.

Thats exactly what my friend said. Everybody pour a 40 out for t dog.

defskull

I think last season put such a bad taste in my mouth because I don't give a shit about ~ 80% of the characters. No matter how "bad ass" Carl is, he will forever be a dipshit to me.

BillyNo.9

Fucking tense shit right there with Glen. I like Glen.

bright lights, big city

So is it implied or not, that Maggie got raped?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

she was definitely violated, but raped? i don't think so.
💩

kurtone

I'm liking this season, but I have a few complaints.
1. I'm getting tired of Michonnes "mysterious, don't trust anybody act" either start developing her character or kill her off. Also, she couldn't tell Rick and Daryl that some guy named Merle took Maggie and Glenn, or that he only had one hand? Come on.
2. The Governor is supposed to be a character you hate. He's weird, but hasn't done anything to make the viewers hate him. In the comic he would have had his way with Maggie during that interrogation. I understand it has to be toned down for tv, but come on. The second half of the season hopefully will portray him as the sick bastard he is in the comic.
3. Andrea-kill this annoying bitch

bright lights, big city

Quote from: kurtone on Nov 27, 2012, 07:06 AM
2. The Governor is supposed to be a character you hate. He's weird, but hasn't done anything to make the viewers hate him. In the comic he would have had his way with Maggie during that interrogation. I understand it has to be toned down for tv, but come on. The second half of the season hopefully will portray him as the sick bastard he is in the comic.
That's what I'm saying. Aside from being on the creepy side, I don't understand what he's done that people are saying he's already one of the best tv villains out there. He's supposed to be pure evil.
And Andrea, she is getting annoying, but she's nowhere near the level of Lori, thank goodness. And nice to see a thong though in the zombie apocalypse.
DERP

Jacob

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 27, 2012, 01:59 PM
Quote from: kurtone on Nov 27, 2012, 07:06 AM
That's what I'm saying. Aside from being on the creepy side, I don't understand what he's done that people are saying he's already one of the best tv villains out there. He's supposed to be pure evil.
And Andrea, she is getting annoying, but she's nowhere near the level of Lori, thank goodness. And nice to see a thong though in the zombie apocalypse.

he killed off a whole squad of soldiers because he wanted their supplies. that's not that nice, is it? and I think that other than that it's mostly the implication of him being manipulate as hell and able to do anything to get his way. I think that's a lot creepier that your typical evil-for-evil's-sake villain.

I agree that Michonne needs to be developed more or just killed off. she was really interesting at first, but so far they haven't explained a single thing about her. and her not-trusting-anyone thing went from realistic and believable to completely illogical and almost childish.

still loving this season though, so much better than 2.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Yeah, this season is shitting all over season 2.

bright lights, big city

That is true. It's really great this season. I guess the Governor just needs an evil mustache to accent the bad. I'm just not getting it.

Especially compared to Boardwalk Empire, where I anticipate every scene with Gyp Rosetti, who's lines and delivery are so hilarious and his actions so terrifyingly unpredictable.
DERP

Jacob

what I also find interesting about the Governor is that he isn't necessarily all evil. we still don't know his exact motivations, if he actually cares about his people the way he says. or if it's all about him. morally ambigious greyzones all over the place. but you'd rather have him as a complete douchebag with a "hate me, I'm evil" sign around his neck?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Oh no, I'm just kidding with that, stereotypical evil dude twiddling his mustache, haha. I'm just saying he isn't really a terrible guy. I could see Rick doing most of what the Governor does. Yet I read online and have friends saying he's one of the best TV villains out there. Given the setting, I'd say Mad Men has someone more evil than the Governor.
DERP

BillyNo.9

I'm guessing the governor was an Elvis impersonator before the outbreak. I hope they touch on who Michonnes pet zombies were. That'd be an emotional and disturbing way to develop her character.

kurtone

What did everyone think of the finale? I thought they could have ended it a bit better, like at least have Rick and gang get back to the prison and tell everyone to prepare for an attack or something. Looks like they're making the Governor take a turn to the more evil side though, and another black guy down just as a new one is introduced lol

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
Oh no, I'm just kidding with that, stereotypical evil dude twiddling his mustache, haha. I'm just saying he isn't really a terrible guy. I could see Rick doing most of what the Governor does. Yet I read online and have friends saying he's one of the best TV villains out there. Given the setting, I'd say Mad Men has someone more evil than the Governor.

I think the thing that makes him MOST evil would be the fact that it's hard to TELL that he is.  Isn't there a saying, "The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he doesn't exist."??  I would say that as time goes by we'll see more of his "evil" appear, but I'm pretty sure it is intentional to portray him as someone just doing the best he can mainly for the benefit of Andrea's character.  We're seeing him from her view, and then also bits and pieces of his real side.  No bad man is 100% bad, and no good man is 100% good.. there are levels and degrees.

Just my thoughts
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

BillyNo.9

We already saw how evil he was when interrogating Glen and Magie. Tyrese is the main black guy in the comics I think, so he'll probably have a lot more depth than those token niggas.

bright lights, big city

Psh. Didn't even rape Maggie. That's not very villain-like. That double cross of Merle, however, was.

So excited they got Cutty to be Tyreese too. Can't wait for Feb.
DERP

fireflyry

This show is a dream come true for me.

The original Dawn of the Dead is my favorite horror film of all time and I couldn't believe it when they said they were going to make a TV show based on the same circumstance.In saying series one was a slight let-down for me, not much originality when you blatantly rip off 28 Days, but from series two onward I've been hooked.I'm also really digging the fact they are killing such major characters off.It's staying really true to the genre imo.

Really looking forward to see how the whole thing is concluded.Season 3 has been friggin awesome so far.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.