Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Walking Dead AMC Series

Started by bebo, Jun 02, 2010, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitant

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 20, 2013, 05:11 AM
Quote from: Visitant on Feb 20, 2013, 12:23 AM
Pay attention.
You got it boss. Kind of hard sometimes though, when 37 of the 42 minutes of each episode is painfully dull and feels like unnecessary bullshit.

Builds tension, bro.  And when you got Glen tied to a chair in a room with a zombie and Maggie shirtless and bent over a table with the Governor behind her, I'd probably pay attention.  But that's just me  ;)
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

Gaseus Maximus

Anyone remember when this show was actually good?

Me neither.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Gaseus Maximus on Feb 23, 2013, 12:50 AM
Anyone remember when this show was actually good?

Me neither.
+1
finally someone on my side, thanks Steve-bro.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

fireflyry

I'm still digging it.

My only fear is if they drag it out too long.4 seasons is enough (personally I thought 3 was a stretch)....else it will become as shit as Lost turned out to be.

16 episodes as well.......looks like a LOT of filler will be used.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jacob

It does become way too slow most of the time. The story is what keeps in interesting, I still sure as hell want to know what's going to happen next, and they manage to throw some pretty exciting scenes in there. But they could easily tell the same story and have all the same shit happening, but within half the amount of episodes.

And the show still suffers from some horrible acting and simply awful characters. Which is a shame, because some of the acting is instead grand and some of the characters are awesome. I soo want to see Andrea finally die off and pay for her god damn stupidity. And while I still think Michonne is really cool, I hope they either kill her off too or finally let her evolve a bit. She is still the exact same way as the first episode we saw her. There's not one little sign of character development in her. And the damn visions? I was hoping we were finally rid of Laurie, but I guess not...

This shows writers really can't write good female characters, now that I think of it. They're all helpless idiots who need men to guide them, and the one strong independant woman they throw in is the most shallow and least developed character on the show.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jacob on Mar 21, 2013, 03:21 PM
This shows writers really can't write good female characters, now that I think of it. They're all helpless idiots who need men to guide them, and the one strong independant woman they throw in is the most shallow and least developed character on the show.
I think they are trying to evolve Michonne, and thank god for that because I really like her. Since my last comment, I'll admit they've churned out a few good episodes. We all know they're just stalling until the big finale, but that Governor/Rick meeting episode was solid. Probably my favorite episode of the entire series was the one with just Rick, Carl, and Michonne going on a run and bonding in the process, with that appearance of Morgan.

Still though, give us more Tyreese please.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kurtone

That was a season finale? Thank god Game of thrones is back on.

devilinside

Bout fuckin time Andrea died.

bright lights, big city

Aside from the obvious "WTF The Governor survives?" statement, I actually really liked that finale. And I'm totally with Carl. In a war, when someone tells you to drop the gun, you drop the gun. Don't say "Here, take it" and keep it pointed at him.
DERP

devilinside

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 01, 2013, 02:37 PM
Aside from the obvious "WTF The Governor survives?" statement, I actually really liked that finale. And I'm totally with Carl. In a war, when someone tells you to drop the gun, you drop the gun. Don't say "Here, take it" and keep it pointed at him.

I think after killing Lori he just lost any and all emotion,and doesn't give a shit. I kept telling the dude DROP THE GUN,but he kept moving forward,so his fault.  He didn't seem to like the fact that they brought those people to the prison though. I think it's good they did,they can add to the story with them being there.

black coffee

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 01, 2013, 05:16 AM
That was a season finale? Thank god Game of thrones is back on.

Overall I feel like theres too much complaining about this series.

Especially when I read stuff like theres only few good minutes in each episode or that the series was never good to begin with, whats the point in watching f you're not enjoying it?

Personally I liked the season finale a lot. Andrea obviously at her best again, taking all the time in the world chatting with Milton while he dies and then when he's about to turn she finally hurries... classic Andrea in her last minutes

bright lights, big city

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 02, 2013, 01:01 PM
Andrea obviously at her best again, taking all the time in the world chatting with Milton while he dies and then when he's about to turn she finally hurries... classic Andrea in her last minutes
haha so true. There more I talk about this or think about it, the more I agree with the showrunners about the Governor. The fans obviously love him. He's now one of the most compelling characters, and he sets up the next season well. If they killed him they would be completely starting from scratch and just trying to find another cartoony villain to 1-up the Governor.

Remember a couple months when I was pissed that he was this shitty cartoon villain that really hadn't done anything that horrible (in my opinion)? Well fucking finally... that last episode and a half were awesome. THAT was evilness I wanted to see from earlier in the season, and now he's truly a despicable character that everyone loves to hate.

And Carl might be going down the same path.
DERP

theis

Agreed. So much unnecessary bitching about this show.

Sure, first half of Season 2 sucked, but Season 1 and 3 have both been awesome.

kurtone

Next season on the walking dead: hunting for depends and metamucil

Jacob

I was disappointed with the finale. It had some good moments, but also a lot of derp moments. The whole Andrea thing was just silly. We're supposed to care about her, after everything she's done? Especially after she takes her sweet time talking about her feelings while the dude in front of her is dying and about to turn into a zombie? Killing off Merle, the most complex character on the show with a lot of potential, was a bad bad idea. Talking about "going to war" for several episodes and ending up with that stupid shit that went down, recipe for anti-climax. Seriously, they were a big group, armed with grenade launchers and .50 cal machine guns, and they're chased away by a handful of zombies, some fireworks and 4 people shooting at them? Ridiculous. And then, the governor shoots down a whole bunch of people, everyone of them armed, without anyone reacting. Not a SINGLE ONE of those people thought about raising their gun in defense. Not even the last guy, who knew for sure he was gonna get shot, even tried taking down the governor first.

The show IS good. It has so much good stuff going for it, but they keep fucking it up by not thinking things through and doing random stuff for effect. Most of the time, it feels like they don't write more than one episde at a time, improvising as they go.

Oh, and I hate the governor. Sad to see he didn't die. I didn't want him in the next season. But I'm betting they're saving him for a grand return further down the line.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

kurtone

It was a good episode but as a finale it was very anti-climactic, even Kirkman himself said they were building toward a big confrontation for the finale, and then...nothing. The show has a lot of potential but its on what? Its third show runner now? I actually wanted them to flesh the prison arc to two seasons, because in the comic they make the prison more of a home, but if they were going that route I think they should have waited to introduce the governor in the second half of this season, and make his first assault on the prison the finale.
Kirkman said there are radical changes coming for season 4. What changes would everyone like to see? Any bets on what female character they make viewers hate? lol

bright lights, big city

I actually get the feeling the finale was kind of a big "fuck you let's how you dig yourself out of this shit" from Glen Mazzara after they gave him the boot.
DERP

devilinside

Dude sneezing and coughing all in the water then dying...way to go Phineas.

theis

What an intense episode. Easily the best of the season so far.

kurtone

Will this be the battle for the prison they teased us with last season?!?!