Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Walking Dead AMC Series

Started by bebo, Jun 02, 2010, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebo

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20433

^Includes a few pictures and an interview.

Looking pretty decent so far. Being a fan of the source material, I'll be watching this for sure.

bright lights, big city

will watch. AMC is 2 for 2 so far when it comes to creating brilliant original series. that and well, zombies, dude.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

oldgentlovecraft

Holy shit, this could be awesome!  Good call, and I hadn't seen any info yet.  The graphic novels are pretty good.

ben

bright lights, big city

The Walking Dead Trailer Comic Con 2010 - Stabilized

not the greatest video quality, but this still gave me a massive hard-on. i am really beginning to anticipate this one. love the trailer music, that promo pic looks awesome, AND SHIT YEAH IS THAT MICHAEL ROOKER AT 3:48???
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bebo

Looks like it deviated a bit from the source material, but it looks like great potential.

bebo

Heres some scans from issue 75 of TWD which included some some pictures of the actors in full costume. The zombies look amazing. Didn't bother resizing so hope you have a big resolution

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bright lights, big city

lookin' good. i really can't wait for this series.
DERP

theis

Hopefully this will kick some serious ass.

Frank Darabont + zombies? Count me in!

bright lights, big city

yeah this, and actually Boardwalk Empire(but that series will have its own thread soon enough), really seems like a can't miss series. if it sucks, it will be a MAJOR disappointment.
DERP

sing blue silver

if you have me on facebook you probably already know i'm stoked as fuck on this show. my friend ian has a lot of hookups on things like this and got his hands on some unreleased footage and it looks pretty damn badass. i'm a huge fan of the comics and this looks like it's going to be really faithful to those... except when in atlanta rick USES the tank... which i have no quarrels with. this looks like a surefire awesome thing.

bebo

Crazylegs

defskull

I feel like I'm in such a small minority in saying that the trailer looks pretty meh.  What about it seems different than all the numerous zombie movies and videogames that have come out recently? I want to be excited for this but it looks something I've seen a million times before.

bright lights, big city

but this ain't no video game or movie, haha. seriously, the make-up alone looks better than most movies. i also get a cool 70s-ish vibe from the trailer. i know its setting is modern, but the filming (and the Walker Brothers song while we're at it) reminds of the cool horror/zombie flicks from 30 years ago.

i've said this before though, that the main reason i looked into this, was the fact that it's on AMC. they're 3 for 3 when it comes to creating new television shows.
DERP

sing blue silver

the walking dead is character based. the zombies are background characters. it's all about how the people handle their situations and existing in this new world. read the comics before you watch it. it's one of the best series out there. i can see it making a great tv show because of all the drama that goes on with the people. it's definitely not your average zombie scare gore fest. it's really more of a character study.

defskull

Yeah the make up definitely looks legit and I suppose I'll tune in for the pilot.  Like I said I want to like this but nothing has given me a rise in my pants yet.

sing blue silver

Quote from: defskull on Aug 29, 2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah the make up definitely looks legit and I suppose I'll tune in for the pilot.  Like I said I want to like this but nothing has given me a rise in my pants yet.

read the comics then. you will cream in those jeans. they've made their way up to my all time favorite comic series after batman and that's saying something. trust me dude, it's phenomenal.

deftjess

anything with zombies i will watch