Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Walking Dead AMC Series

Started by bebo, Jun 02, 2010, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMood

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 18, 2011, 09:38 PM
I'm assuming October, but I've heard a rumor that AMC wants to pair this up with Breaking Bad, which comes back July or August. THAT would be one amazing night of television.

one just can hope. but it will be sooo long. ahhh with so many good series in the past, i'm gonna watch The Jersey Shore :D
"Dude, I totally pulled a Chino Moreno on her last night."

black coffee

Too bad that first season contains 6 episodes only, I'm definitely looking forward to the second!
Until then, I will watch some tv series that were recommended to me ... like Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire. Also I began with The Pacific ( Mini-Series) last night, impressive stuff! Just as good as Band Of Brothers.

Crazylegs

mad men > most new series the last few years.

sing blue silver

Quote from: black coffee on Feb 19, 2011, 06:44 PM
Too bad that first season contains 6 episodes only, I'm definitely looking forward to the second!
Until then, I will watch some tv series that were recommended to me ... like Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire. Also I began with The Pacific ( Mini-Series) last night, impressive stuff! Just as good as Band Of Brothers.

yeah the pacific is awesome.
i'm stoked for season two. so glad they canned all the writers from the first season. looking back on it, i'm pretty disappointed overall.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 19, 2011, 07:34 PM
Quote from: black coffee on Feb 19, 2011, 06:44 PM

yeah the pacific is awesome.
i'm stoked for season two. so glad they canned all the writers from the first season. looking back on it, i'm pretty disappointed overall.
I know what you mean. I wouldn't exactly say I was disappointed because I still really liked it for what it was- an entertaining, serious zombie tv series. Never thought we'd see the day where everyone can enjoy a zombie series.

But yeah, it had its flaws in its writing (mainly with the Merle character) and execution somewhat. A brand new writing staff definitely raises my hopes quality-wise for the second season.

Quote from: Crazylegs on Feb 19, 2011, 06:57 PM
mad men > most new series the last few years.
Mad Men's great and all, but Breaking Bad, dude. Best show on tv. No doubt about it for me, can't recommend it enough if anyone here hasn't tried it. With Mad Men, though, were you disappointed at all with the newest season? I thought it was a letdown.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 19, 2011, 08:55 PM
With Mad Men, though, were you disappointed at all with the newest season? I thought it was a letdown.

I didn't think so at all. I think it keeps getting better and better. I enjoy Breaking Bad a whole lot too, not as much as Mad men though. I haven't seen more than the first, and half of the second series of Breaking Bad, so i guess it might grow on me.

bright lights, big city

oh just wait till you get the to the third season. one of the best seasons of any show.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

black coffee

I bet neither of you is going to convince the other which tv series he should appreciate more ^^

Last night I watched the first two episodes of Kings. Too bad there is only one season.

bright lights, big city

I had some serious hopes for that. Then again, anything with Ian McShane is instantly elevated in my mind. The story had some good aspirations, but at times it was just poorly executed and a letdown. It still was good enough for me to watch though if NBC didn't go full retard and cancel it after a month.
DERP

black coffee

Ian McShane is a genius! His acting in The Pillars Of The Earth was superb... another tv series I have nothing but praise for.

bright lights, big city

ahh I keep forgetting about that series! I still need to see it.
DERP

deftjess

Walking Dead very cool series

blixa

my boss burnt me this show on disc. i still need to watch it.

theis

sing blue silver

very excited for season two, especially since they canned all the writers that fucking ruined season one. hopefully this gets back on track. i just can not fucking wait for shane to die so the real heart of the story can get in motion.

bright lights, big city

AMC showed a teaser of season 2 last night during Breaking Bad. Got me excited for October, I guess, but they only showed Rick killing 2 zombies. I was hoping we would at least see something about where they are headed, like the farmhouse or something.
DERP

BillyNo.9

Where did the whole thing end off? All but one of the group escaping from that M.O.D building right?

bright lights, big city

yeah the Center for Disease Control got blown the fuck up, and they went back on the road
DERP

bebo

Seriously, wtf. I fucking hate that whole talking computer shit.

poofing acid

I bought book 1 a week and a half ago.  Read it in a day.  Ordered books 2-4 from amazon.  Shipment arrived yesterday.  Started reading book 2 today at work.  I'm on book 4 already.  I never liked comic books but these are pretty entertaining.  I was reading there is a novel or something out soon about the governor.  Anyone hear about that?