Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The 2010 World Cup South Africa Thread

Started by RoyalDeftonicBoy, Jun 04, 2010, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Shit, Australia got their ass kicked in the strongest way.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Maybe the score would have been different if Australia scored that first attempt on the first 10 minutes. Germany played really good but like I think it is bullshit that it has 5 players nationalized germans. Tomorrow Japan-Cameroon and Italy-Paraguay, which would be the big game tomorrow.

Nailec

QuoteI think it is bullshit that it has 5 players nationalized germans

so u think ure only a german if youve german blood or are born on german ground?

fireflyry

Stoked the Aussies lost...and lost bad.

I was quite happy to support them on an equal basis as New Zealand till they showed their true colours in the friendly.Dirty cheats equates to fail in the world cup and their fans are sore losers to boot.Even the coach admits to it.

I love Aussies but that team is full of bitter and dirty players.See you next time, hopefully with a mature team.

Go the All Whites, at least we will lose with honour and if we win I'll get naked with baby oil.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Vesanic

Nice little game by Denmark & Holland. No surprise in the score.

Holland  2 - 0  Denmark

Penicks

Holland, as usual in their opening games, sucked balls. Only after 70 minutes did they play decent.

TheWatcher

i love that sound they do with the horns lol

fireflyry

Herp Derp.

lol

If you cant hear the chants and crowd reaction you lose the atmosphere.I have yet to hear ANY international commentator that hasn't admitted to watching the games on mute.

wheresmysnare

The thing I can't get over is how constant the noise is, it's like you'd expect the European supporters to be more reserved in their use but it seems even they're at it. If i spent all that money to go there and some special needs guy was behind me blowing a horn in my face for the entire match i'd be pretty gutted.

Crazylegs

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jun 14, 2010, 07:16 PM
If i spent all that money to go there and some special needs guy was behind me blowing a horn in my face for the entire match i'd be pretty gutted.

Yeah really. I wonder what it's like in the stadiums, if it's fucking deafening to me in my living room, it must be a right pain for the people who are actually there.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

White Wrist

Vesanic

Paraguay was totally absent during the second half.

wheresmysnare

It's all too cagey in the opening matches

fireflyry

Wahoo!!!!

Awesome game by New Zealand to draw and the last second goal was awesome.

Big thing for us to front up like that and it's the first time we have ever had points in a world cup.

Stoked.

ToneDef

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 11, 2010, 05:10 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Jun 05, 2010, 05:07 PM
Quote from: your sister gets me hard on Jun 05, 2010, 03:25 AM
Soccer is such a gay sport.  It's like watching soap operas.

You're almost right. And i fucking hate that aspect of the game. Diving should be rewarded with a yellow card no matter the situation.  I get so pissed every time i see some asshole lay down and whine. But other than that it's a brilliant sport.

jup. i dont watch any football for that one reason. i would be so ashamed of myself of i wine everytime something happens. but someone told me that somehow they have to wine to have a foul recognized.

It's just the way the game is these days man. It's always happened, but as players move from country to country, league to league, club to club, as they have for many years now, they pick up things along the way. For example, although players have always dived, it really began to get worse in the Premier League in England when the 'foreign invasion' happened. Players would come across from Europe and bring with them certain habits picked up in other leagues. It's now at the point though where it's part of the game. It'll never go away unless there are harsher penalties for it.

Without foreign players though, the Premier League would not be where it is today. The standard of football being played is awesome and the money involved attracts huge stars who, whilst once upon a time brought with them a style of bending the rules that wasn't often talked about, now bring a style of football that forces everyone else to change their game.

I'm chatting shit, but while in some ways football is turning into more and more of a joke, in other ways I think the standard of football being played these days has never been better. It's pure beauty sometimes.

Regarding the World Cup.. The only half decent performance I've seen so far was by Germany. Fuck them.. But they played some outstanding football the other night.

And I think a certain Lionel Messi has a lot more to show.... ;)

tarkil

Good game just now, I wish Cote d'Ivoire won... Oh, and that we FINALLY get to see some goals too...

I guess that for the next one (Brazil - North Korea), we'll be up for some though...  :)
Too bad I'll be in bed !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nailec

RoyalDeftonicBoy

The first 2 matches another draw !!!!! Lets hope for some goals now for Brasil-Korea