Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The 2010 World Cup South Africa Thread

Started by RoyalDeftonicBoy, Jun 04, 2010, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

wheresmysnare

if i was the USA i would be PISSED. they were all getting held back in the area and still scored?!?!?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I really didnt understand that "foul" and it was clearly a valid goal.
Germany lost yeah and they couldnt score a penalty shot

wheresmysnare

Baically slovenia were doing so much holding and shirt tugging that the ref got confused and thought USA were holding back Slovenia

wheresmysnare

It's what happens when they get refs from non-football nations to ref world cup matches. they dont have the experience and fuck things up like this

There Will Be Blood

That REF sucked!!! US should have won!

Crazylegs

This is the most fucked up world cup i've ever witnessed so far in my life. It doesn't make any sense.

ToneDef

Well, England were disgusting. The papers are gonna be savage in the morning....

I cannot believe how bad we were.

But at the same time, I can.

fireflyry

We just got a 1-1 draw with the world champs.

Holy.Fucking.Shit.

Epic day for our football fans.Epic.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

lithium

Italy ain't doing so hot this wc tho, but a draw is a draw is a draw.........
💩

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Italy's game this world cup is so bad. New Zealand deserved the victory but that shitty referee awarded Italy a penalty shot.
Brazil's game was good until but the second goal was with a little help of his arm and hand. Paraguay had no struggle on their victory.

lithium

N. Korea is getting raped! Roooonaaaaaldo!!!
💩

White Wrist

tarkil

What sharinglungs must look like in South Africa : check here

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

Mascara Snake

As a proud Irish man I am taking great delight in the collapse of the French team!

Karma's a bitch eh!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Controversial referee Koman Coulibaly was left off FIFA's list for the next batch of World Cup matches following the error that likely cost the United States a victory against Slovenia.
Yahoo! Sports revealed on Friday that Coulibaly was "highly unlikely" to take any further part in the tournament after being given a poor evaluation by assessors following his decision to disallow Maurice Edu's 85th-minute goal. FIFA confirmed Sunday that Coulibaly will not play any part in Tuesday or Wednesday's matches, which will include the USA's critical Group C finale against Algeria.
Instead, as they step into the arena of Loftus Versfeld Stadium on Wednesday with their World Cup life at stake, the Americans will be officiated by a man who has just witnessed a combat far more brutal than any game in the tournament.
Belgian referee Frank De Bleeckere will prepare himself for the occasion by watching a DVD of the movie "Gladiator" before taking center stage in a game that decides the USA's destiny – with a victory guaranteed to put the Americans through to the round of 16.
FIFA deliberately assigned De Bleeckere, a highly experienced and respected referee, to this game in response to the storm of controversy that came after the United States' 2-2 draw with Slovenia. De Bleeckere has been in charge of big matches many times in the past, most notably a Champions League clash between Chelsea and Barcelona in 2006 which came a year after a pair of explosive matches between those European super clubs.
"I don't look at reputation or anything that has gone before," De Bleeckere said. "I will watch the previous games of USA and Algeria to help me understand their tactics and work on my positioning. But I will watch 'Gladiator' first."
Referees at the tournament have come under heavy criticism after a series of bad calls compounded by a stubborn refusal to explain their actions publicly.
On Monday, the FIFA referee committee tried to go on a charm offensive by inviting the media to an open day but totally defeated the object of the exercise by refusing to answer questions about specific decisions.
Neither Coulibaly nor Stephane Lannoy – the French referee who erred in sending off Brazil's Kaka against the Ivory Coast on Sunday – were present. Coulibaly's assistant, Inacio Candido of Angola, was in attendance.
When asked if the controversy following the Edu no-goal had affected Coulibaly, Candido replied: "A referee is like a player. When they lose an opportunity to score a goal, they put it behind them."

Im glad if that referee is send home because he fucked up big time.
Portugal was on fire today 7-0 ! Chile did a pretty good job but I tought the official of this match was a pain in the ass for all the players, 10 yellow cards and 1 red.
Spain should have won at least by 7 goals like Portugal, but instead they did a pretty decent job. They even missed a penalty shot which I think it was so stupid.
Tomorrow matches Mexico-Uruguay, France-South Africa, Nigeria-Korea, Greece-Argentina.

Sushi-X

Fucking Mexico!! Fuck that I'm rooting for Portugal now.  :-\

Rocket Skates '94

Vesanic