Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The 2010 World Cup South Africa Thread

Started by RoyalDeftonicBoy, Jun 04, 2010, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

That was a bad tournament, seriously.

Crazylegs

defTHE1s

Well, that was indeed a bad game, Spain didn't deserve to win, but Holland did not played well, if it was deided on penalty kicks, it would've been ok though...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Crazylegs

I thought it was a great game. Lots of chances both ways, exciting as hell.

Deftones-argentina

Spain deserved to win for its constance despite adversity.Netherlands played their dirtiest match ever, truly unfair play. And that was a truly entertaining and emotive match...oh by the way that referee should get their feet cut or something so that he never steps on a football stadium again. he sucked more than my granny after farting.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jul 12, 2010, 04:25 AM
Spain deserved to win for its constance despite adversity.Netherlands played their dirtiest match ever, truly unfair play. And that was a truly entertaining and emotive match...oh by the way that referee should get their feet cut or something so that he never steps on a football stadium again. he sucked more than my granny after farting.

Spain didnt deserve shit. Their game was dull and boring the whole tournament and all their matches were won with 10 minutes left. Boring World Cup, hopefully Brazil 2014 would be much much better. I would be so going to watch it along some linda garotinha xD !

neutron liar

happy Spain won.  the Dutch played an ugly game imo.  it was a good month.  now to wait another 4 years..........

wither-I

who gives a shit, africa is in shambles.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: neutron liar on Jul 13, 2010, 08:15 PM
happy Spain won.  the Dutch played an ugly game imo.  it was a good month.  now to wait another 4 years..........

Well if you like international soccer you might check out Copa America 2011 from July 3 to 24
Check it out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Copa_Am%C3%A9rica ;)

defTHE1s

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 12, 2010, 06:57 AM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jul 12, 2010, 04:25 AM

Spain didnt deserve shit. Their game was dull and boring the whole tournament and all their matches were won with 10 minutes left.
and add to that, that the won by 1 goal only in some matches! Isn't that pretty boring???

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Sea Bass

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 12, 2010, 12:05 AM
That was a bad tournament, seriously.

worst world cup that I watched on TV.

Fuck it.

black coffee

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 14, 2010, 03:00 AM

Well if you like international soccer you might check out Copa America 2011 from July 3 to 24

Also let's not forget about the Africa Cup in 2012 + 2013 and especially the Euro 2012

snw9

Quote from: black coffee on Jul 15, 2010, 01:09 PM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 14, 2010, 03:00 AM

Also let's not forget about the Africa Cup in 2012 + 2013 and especially the Euro 2012

Im waitin for the Euro so Netherlands can have their revenge!
Code: [Select]

black coffee

Obviously the group with the Netherlands, Portugal, Denmark and Germany will be the toughest of them all.

Denmark maybe the least likely to make it through, but I wouldn't write them off since they got good players in all the big European leagues, so they have an outside chance if they bring a good team effort.

Netherlands and Germany the big favorites, but Portugal can beat any team on a good day ( but also suck pretty hard like the losses to Norway or Denmark in the Qualifying tournament )- So we'll see, I definitely can't wait for it to begin.

snw9

Quote from: black coffee on Jan 25, 2012, 04:10 PM
Obviously the group with the Netherlands, Portugal, Denmark and Germany will be the toughest of them all.

Denmark maybe the least likely to make it through, but I wouldn't write them off since they got good players in all the big European leagues, so they have an outside chance if they bring a good team effort.

Netherlands and Germany the big favorites, but Portugal can beat any team on a good day ( but also suck pretty hard like the losses to Norway or Denmark in the Qualifying tournament )- So we'll see, I definitely can't wait for it to begin.

Oh you haven't seen the rejuvenated German team then, they're unstoppable. Plus  I am confident Netherlands will finally beat Portugal once and for all....

black coffee

There is hardly a match of the German national team I haven't seen in the last few years... maybe a few test / qualifying games when I had to work or something.

All I'm saying is I think this group won't be decided before the final two group games.

Though that doesn't mean I don't expect Germany to get through.

snw9

It seems more like the first game: Germany-Portugal and the last game Netherlands-Portugal will be deciders PLUS Germany-Netherlands.
I think this group by far is the worst group of death. Even more than the last Euro when Netherlands were drawn with Italy, France and Romania.

black coffee

According to that logic, no matter how Denmark is going to play, the results won't matter anyways. => a.k.a. you're wrong

They're not gonna give away free wins because they're such a cute little country. So I'm gonna stick to what I said.

And I don't get that second sentence either.
For me the worst thing about this group is that only two teams will reach the knockout stage, so what is wrong about it?

May I ask you something - Do you even watch football?

Because so far I'm not sure if you're making fun of it or if you actually mean what you write, at least regarding this topic.

snw9

Quote from: black coffee on Jan 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
According to that logic, no matter how Denmark is going to play, the results won't matter anyways. => a.k.a. you're wrong

They're not gonna give away free wins because they're such a cute little country. So I'm gonna stick to what I said.

And I don't get that second sentence either.
For me the worst thing about this group is that only two teams will reach the knockout stage, so what is wrong about it?

May I ask you something - Do you even watch football?

Because so far I'm not sure if you're making fun of it or if you actually mean what you write, at least regarding this topic.

Well, look at the currrent squads of all the teams. Germany and Netherlands are close to 5 star teams, without a doubt their top players will be competing in the Euros. Portugal is a good team too and Netherlands have lost to them twice already in 2 tournaments so lets see what happens this time, Netherlands have a very experienced and talented squad. I am writing off Denmark (no offense to anyone here) because they're not as good as the European giants drawn in their group.

I watch A LOT of football:  English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch....
In regards to my second sentence, I was comparing last year's group of the death to this year's group of death. Seeing now there are 3 highly competitive teams and one that isn't very competitive, its going to be interesting

black coffee

Portugal also thought they'd end up first in their Qualifying group, and in fact it was Denmark.
So it appears they didn't shit their pants cause they had to play one of the "European giants".

But you know, its all good. I'm actually happy we got such a difficult group. We all expect our team to get through, and I prefer a tough group and better preperation for the later stages of the tournament.