Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Musicians?

Started by SX King, Jun 08, 2010, 07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SX King

Out of curiosity how many of you guys are musicians?

Vesanic

I am a singer ( or try to be ) and also a pianist.

SX King

Lol at the try to be. I do to...people tell me i have a good voice but i dont think its that great. I also play guitar. How long you been playing the piano?

Vesanic

I'd say a couple of years... But I never took any lesson, nor played at a frequent rate... But I still have a good level, I guess I'm lucky.

SX King

Whatever works. Some people just have the innate ability to play.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I make shitty electro.

SX King

Jerry_Curls

this topic should be a poll [ ? ]

I dabble in drumming. :-)
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jacob

I'm a drummer. and I play a little guitar.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Starz

I make random ambient music but I play drums and I wanna be in a band so badddddd!!! Unfortunately none of my friends like the same music as me and I'm a little too shy to just advertise my skills and play in a band with people I don't know... I just wanna experience the life of touring just once before I pass away.

lostpilot

I am in a five-piece instrumental/post-rock band, slowattack, we've been playing for 3 years now.

Also, well, I am a solo post-rock/ambient/cosmic-rock artist, 'the Picturesque Episodes'.
I released six albums and one EP throughout 2009 and 2010. I do everything on my own.

I play pretty much any instrument except all brass and other wind instruments. Though I played tuba in my teenage years and I play ocarina from time to time.

blixa

i play trumpet and i pretend to play guitar.

i'm in a band right now called the iron bears but it's temporary until they find someone full-time.

i can also rap.

that's a lie.

Crazylegs

I played pot's and pans the first few years of my life. I upgraded to a drum kit when i was about 9, and i'm still playing almost every day of the week.

I recently started fooling around on the piano, and I'm loving it.

alvarezbassist17

I play the banjo.

No More Sugar

I've always been pretty good at singing, I was in choir all of middle school and 2 years of high school. I've been playing guitar for 5 years now. I've pretty much been writing my own stuff since i picked one up. I'm starting to learn drums thanks to my two best friends who happen to have been playing drums their whole lives pretty much. In 2006, I had a death metal band called Eradication of the Masses...i was the cookie monster :[  Recently I've been doing some new recordings with my neighbor which are pretty weird sounding..you never know what the future holds. One of my best friends brother  has invited me to be a part of this project...

http://www.myspace.com/colossalcolumn
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

wax

i make music sometimes on my comp  play a bit of bass and guitar  im more visual however so im more into photoshop etc

Jacob

Quote from: wax on Jun 08, 2010, 10:22 PM
im more visual however so im more into photoshop etc

shouldn't you have more interesting pictures to post then?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Corleone

I play guitar, self taught. When trying to make my own songs, they sound like deftones riffs without me even knowing what song.

I've tried a couple times to sit down and write a song using some theory and they turn out alright. Need some drums though, helps me play different styles.

SX King

Sounds like we got a wide variety here at SL.
Quote from: Corleone on Jun 08, 2010, 11:16 PM
I play guitar, self taught. When trying to make my own songs, they sound like deftones riffs without me even knowing what song.

I've tried a couple times to sit down and write a song using some theory and they turn out alright. Need some drums though, helps me play different styles.

Im self taught 2 and that drum thing kinda sounds like something Steph would say.

No More Sugar

Quote from: SX King on Jun 08, 2010, 11:24 PM
Sounds like we got a wide variety here at SL.
Quote from: Corleone on Jun 08, 2010, 11:16 PM

Im self taught 2 and that drum thing kinda sounds like something Steph would say.

As am I.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.