Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Musicians?

Started by SX King, Jun 08, 2010, 04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SX King

Theory is easy its just applying it that some people have a problem with.

deftones86

I play guitar but doesnt everyone? i also fuck around with the drums and bass if they are around. i also like to make beats and noise with my laptop. I would be in a band but my job just wont let that happen so i do it for fun. And if you have a guitar you are never bored

No More Sugar

bling bling crack pipe hidden in his collarrrrrrrr
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

defTHE1s

like many here, i play guitar, almost self-taugh (i went to some classes, but they were about something like "classical mexican music", you know, we call them "estudiantinas") and sometimes also try to write my own stuff, but i feel it lacks something, so only the things that have potential are the ones i record, to try to make with friends or a cousin...
i really want a band but there are a few friends with similar musical tastes, and despite i could manage to play with them, my actual job takes a lot of time... but i'll do it for sure, as Starz said, i want to tour at least once before passig away haha..
and lastly, i want sooooo bad to play drums, sometimes while hearing a song, i act like playing on a real battery, but i WANT to try it on a real thing...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

SX King

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jun 16, 2010, 01:00 AM
like many here, i play guitar, almost self-taugh (i went to some classes, but they were about something like "classical mexican music", you know, we call them "estudiantinas") and sometimes also try to write my own stuff, but i feel it lacks something, so only the things that have potential are the ones i record, to try to make with friends or a cousin...
i really want a band but there are a few friends with similar musical tastes, and despite i could manage to play with them, my actual job takes a lot of time... but i'll do it for sure, as Starz said, i want to tour at least once before passig away haha..
and lastly, i want sooooo bad to play drums, sometimes while hearing a song, i act like playing on a real battery, but i WANT to try it on a real thing...

I hear you man i feel the same way about the music i write. I like it alot at first but after i fuck around with it for a few days i move on.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

If ANYBODY is into electronic music and wants to collaborate, I am SO fucking down.

bebo

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Jun 16, 2010, 04:26 AM
If ANYBODY is into electronic music and wants to collaborate, I am SO fucking down.

I would kinda like to get into Fruit Loops shit, but imma newb. And Im guessing FL studio isnt the best place to start

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: bebo on Jun 16, 2010, 06:13 AM

I would kinda like to get into Fruit Loops shit, but imma newb. And Im guessing FL studio isnt the best place to start

Totally disagree. That's where I started. It's extremely easy to get going, and then you're making complete garbage, but all the while, learning how FLStudio actually works.

That's all I use at the moment. I'm gonna try and start learning Ableton soon.

theis

Been playing bass for 5 years.

cEvin Key

what up! I also make a couple of stuff!
I use cubase if you guys are into it we could exchange some stuff...samples projects and whatever and see what comes out of it.just for the fun of it!
you guys are down with it?

Starz

i'll be up for that

Deftones-argentina

I play guitar since 15 and sing since 12. I studied 2 years sound engineering/music producer and have a band which makes something between deftones/glassJAw/Thursday and a lot of other bands I love. I'm the producer of that band, we've been playing for a little more than 2 years and played 6 or 7 shows.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: cEvin Key on Jun 17, 2010, 10:29 PM

I use cubase if you guys are into it we could exchange some stuff...samples projects and whatever and see what comes out of it.just for the fun of it!

Quote from: Starz on Jun 17, 2010, 10:59 PM
i'll be up for that

http://soundcloud.com/zvox/tracks

Detroit is the only song I have on this computer at the moment, but if anyone does remixes, I can break that song up into some stems for you to use if you're interested. It's MOSTLY finished. I'm gonna go back and make some minor changes though.

Starz

cool man

i'm so bored of making music on my own... i wanna work with other people "2 heads are better than 1" so people can bring other ideas and influences to the table. The Sound Of Animals Fighting wrote all their albums by sending hundreds of different audio files of guitar etc via e-mail until they had a complete song. they never met up to practice which i thought was pretty cool

lostpilot

we can make a collab if I have time in summer :)
august most probably

Starz

yeah that would be great!

fireflyry

Drummer here but have faded way off in the last 5 years.Finding a place to play is a bitch.

Currently playing guitar and rocking socks with Kyuss-tuning.*cough*

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

cEvin Key

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Jun 18, 2010, 04:52 AM
Quote from: cEvin Key on Jun 17, 2010, 10:29 PM

Quote from: Starz on Jun 17, 2010, 10:59 PM
i'll be up for that

http://soundcloud.com/zvox/tracks

Detroit is the only song I have on this computer at the moment, but if anyone does remixes, I can break that song up into some stems for you to use if you're interested. It's MOSTLY finished. I'm gonna go back and make some minor changes though.

upload the separated tracks!

black coffee

Quite a few drummers on SL. I am one more of this usually "rare" species, though I didn't play in about two years.
I used to be in bands, and I miss that feeling. Nowadays all I do is sports, but that doesn't compensate it really. I'd love to be in a band, rock some tiny club and go nuts. It's ok though, no complaints.
I guess it's all up to oneself to change something. Like if someone badly wants to have a band he / she will end up having a band.
Obviously for some people it is easier to get there, but in the end it's all about dedication. I don't know. In a few months I am moving, and I might start playing again.

Hidalgo

i play guitar, i won't say i'm good, but i'm getting better and better. i'm way better than i was this time last year, mainly cause i've practiced alot the past year, and the previous 13 years i just dabbled once every 4-8 months or so for a few mins with very basic stuff, usually all on the top string. never tried to get good untill last year, so far so good, so what