Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite band/artist from your younger days that you no longer adore?

Started by Sushi-X, Jun 08, 2010, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

It's happened to all of us. We each find that one band that we connect with so much in our young days. That one band that you love no matter what. But as you get older and your tastes expand your once revered band no longer seems as great or seem have a hold on you like they once did.

For me it was Red Hot Chili Peppers. Ever since I saw the Californication video they drew me in. Through out high school they were my favorite band. They could do no wrong. But when Stadium Arcadium came out, I felt really left down. There they were rehashing the same sound from their two previous albums. And by this time they were an "arena" rock band along the lines of Bon Jovi. Needless to say but my love was gone. When John announced his departure, I didn't really care seeing as how they stopped making good music around BTW.

So for you who was that band?

Rocket Skates '94

Jacob

Metallica. I was madly in love with them for many years. then I grew up.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

SX King

Limp Bizkit ever since significant other came out. Now i dont give a shit about them.

Starz

theis

Death Cab for Cutie - absolutely loved them 2-3 years ago. Their music just bores me now.

E-Money

Linkin Park haha. I've seen them like 7 times back when I was a kid. They don't deserve all the hate the get IMO but i'm no longer a fan. I wore the shit out of Hybrid Theory, as I'm sure a lot of us have.

SX King

Quote from: stapezee on Jun 09, 2010, 12:14 AM
Linkin Park haha. I've seen them like 7 times back when I was a kid. They don't deserve all the hate the get IMO but i'm no longer a fan. I wore the shit out of Hybrid Theory, as I'm sure a lot of us have.

Me being one of them. My Mom bought that album for me as surprise back in the day.

endoeleven

Limp Bizkit '3 Dolla Bill Yall$' was sick in grade 7. Now I cn't listen to that new song, its just so korny.

chick de la lynch

Same here. For six months straight, every day I would listen to Hybrid Theory. Back in middle school, I was known as the "Linkin Park girl". Once Meteora came out my interest began to wain. A big reason for that was because I was getting heavily into Deftones. I still think Linkin Park is a good band and they get a lot of flack that they really don't deserve.

As theis said, Death Cab For Cutie is also another band I don't listen to too often anymore. Their early stuff was great, but it gets boring.

Sushi-X

Ugh i remember when Hybrid theory came out. all the kids in school were listening to it. I didn't see what the fuck was the big deal. And I still don't see it. I asked a friend why they were so popular  and she said cuz it was good music with lyrics that were relevant, and that it's still relevant today. Ha! yeah right. If you listen to it now. It sounds very very dated. Even the lyrics make you cringe. looking back at this video. they were like the boy band of nu metal lol

Linkin Park - One Step Closer

Rocket Skates '94

Corleone

Pretty much all the bands in this thread I used to like, also add:

Weezer
System of a down
Incubus

lostpilot

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Jun 09, 2010, 06:24 AM

Same here. For six months straight, every day I would listen to Hybrid Theory. Back in middle school, I was known as the "Linkin Park girl". Once Meteora came out my interest began to wain. A big reason for that was because I was getting heavily into Deftones. I still think Linkin Park is a good band and they get a lot of flack that they really don't deserve.

As theis said, Death Cab For Cutie is also another band I don't listen to too often anymore. Their early stuff was great, but it gets boring.

I was always the "Linkin Park boy".
And yeah, I did listen to most of the bands mentioned in this thread.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Corleone on Jun 09, 2010, 03:46 PM
Pretty much all the bands in this thread I used to like, also add:

Weezer
System of a down
Incubus

minus weezer 'cause i never got into em and add linkin park... haha
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

nintendoXO

wax

probably alot im not even going to get into  when bands 'mature' unfortunately thats code for 'boring music' many times   plus lyrically what you listen to in your tweens and 20s doesnt always jive later on in life   music can still be fast, heavy, whatever  yet when the lyrics are along the lines of depressing shit and you dont feel that, then pass   btw ive got to say it...linkin park were always crap also

ben

I had a middle school Korn phase.  Linkin Park also.  Pretty typical. 

devilinside

NIN
AIC
STP

RHCP
Beck
Radiohead
Butthole Surfers

theis

devilinside

Oh wait shit...I totally didn't read the whole thing,I just saw "Favorite band/artist from your younger days" . Lemme edit my choices. I'm not all here today.  :-[