Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones - Amsterdam (they played fucking Royal!)

Started by Robtones, Jun 17, 2010, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robtones

The topic name says all! It was a great concert, they played like seven new songs. Royal, cmnd ctrl, de, rs, prince, sextape and ystb. The sound itself was great and chino & co were in great shape!

Hidalgo

UrZ*

Sound was decent overall... but wow the speakers really fitted Chino's voice, never heard his voice this clear..

Funny stuff:

Abe broke a drumstick during Lotion and the beat turned into a "reggae-esque beat"..
Stef's guitar wasn't plugged in properly during Birthmark, he didn't even notice :P Linus came up and fixed it and Stef was "uh..wut?"

Highlight:
Royal, it was tight.. =]
Chino vs Stef "You ready, Smokestacks?
Passenger, Chino did an "inhale" that went on during the whole outro...it was ± 20 secs...  SICK

Props to Sergio.. love the guy. He's getting into his element more and more.. his backup vocals are getting better every night
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

Bayle

They all seemed like they had fun... sound was ok (at least where I was standing)

In between the regular set and the encore, Sergio was playing something with weird effects, Chino started playing drums! And pretty quickly realised he couldn't so he stopped. Chino definately was having fun, which is always good.

Cool to hear them play some adrenaline stuff, and not the mixed version of root and engine # 9, but the normal versions. + birthmark!! Cool to hear them play that again.

All in all one of the cooler sets I've seen them play
Yes, I can imagine

deftoneskoen

It was awsome, but I dont agree with the sound.
Allways the same old shit in de melkweg, it sounded way to dry and sometimes it became some kind of chaos.
Not to blame the band, they playd a tight set, and royal!
Highlights to me were Royal, Birthmark and BQAD.

Cool to see that the band is having so much fun.

UrZ*

Quote from: deftoneskoen on Jun 17, 2010, 01:19 PM
It was awsome, but I dont agree with the sound.
Allways the same old shit in de melkweg, it sounded way to dry and sometimes it became some kind of chaos.
Not to blame the band, they playd a tight set, and royal!
Highlights to me were Royal, Birthmark and BQAD.

Cool to see that the band is having so much fun.

I've heard way worse... the sound was decent... the vocals were good, very audible and clear.. (sometimes they got a bit drowned)..

But the low-end of the spectrum was muddy... i agree with you on that... it became blurry. The toms, kick and bass sounded blurry. But that because of the venue.. bad acoustics.. They had decent equipment. Digico D5 =]
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

Rutje15

Setlist - Melkweg Amsterdam june 16 2010

Rocket Skates
Diamond Eyes
Royal
Feiticiera
Knife Prty
Elite
You've Seen The Butcher
Cmnd/Ctrl
Sextape
Birthmark
When Girls Telephone Boys
Minerva
Prince
Beauty School
Be Quiet And Drive (far away)
My Own Summer (shove it)
Lotion
Around The Fur
Passenger
Change (In The House Of Flies)
---
drumpart chino
---
Root
7Words

One of the best setlists i've seen of deftones.

I like it how Stephen always stays on stage while the rest of the band act like it's the end of the show :)

epistaxis

rufas

this was an awesome show, way better than the London one last month, my mate got Steph 's setlist  , , ,I'll try and get him to scan it .#

Saw Steph in LEidesplein, just before looking pretty baked, my friend and i were shitting it that we were late for the gig, running to a cash point, only to see steph hanging out, we were like "oh, OK time for one more beer outside before."

The gig itself was brilliant, I have never seen chino give such an excellent performance in at least 10 deftones gigs going back to 2001, he was spot on. Mekweg seemed like a decent venue. crowd was good, a bit more action than the London ULU gig.

Frank definitely spent less time on stage than in previous shows, setlist was perfect for myself except for the lack of hexagram, but considering recent setlists, we got boys x girls, minerva, lotion, around the fur, & root, which seem to be part of the setlist they are mixing up regularly.

I agree with the other poster about Steph just staying on stage during encore, he looked up at one point and it was as if he hadn't noticed everyone else go off stage, played about 2-3 minutes of echo/delay/loop nonsense which actually sounded really good, during which chino got up on drum kit and played a simple crescendo.

All of the songs off DE sounded really exceptionally tight - seriously special. I get the feeling that on the Alice in Chains tour they will be playing largely from the new album with the added compulsory hits i.e. change, 7 words, passenger, knife party, with added adrenaline/atf songs mixed up as they go along.

Can't wait to see them this winter.