Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Steak Number Eight

Started by Vesanic, Jun 17, 2010, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

This band opened for Deftones in Brussels, the other day. I was amazed, the mood was deep as hell, and the guys sure know how to rock a stage. Too bad the crowd wasn't into them, because they really gave an awesome performance.

I'd recommend you to listen to " The Sea Is Dying " first. Their first and only album so far is called " When The Candle Dies out ".

http://www.myspace.com/steakn8

They sound Tool-esque but have their own style, I really dig their dark melodies and heavy, very effective riffs.

By the way, they are only 18 years old, and won the biggest rock contest in Belgium, played several big festivals here. I guess they'll get big soon enough.

defskull

Yeah I have no idea why the crowd would not be into this. It sounds pretty sweet.

EDIT: Okay I thought this was an instrumental band.  I'm really not too much of a fan of this guys voice. But the music is great.

Crazylegs

they sure got some potential.

Jacob

sounds promising, and I like the singers voice. I'll definitely listen some more.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Here's a live performance of The Sea Is Dying. Yes, that was the opening show for the Deftones, I was there. Gotta love how they rock that shit:

Steak Number Eight - "The Sea Is Dying" @ Ancienne Belgique Brussels 2010/06/15

Deadradio

Awesome band.

Here's the album.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzjryytm2gd

Jacob

Ves, you don't happen to have anything to upload with these guys?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 06, 2010, 08:04 PM
Ves, you don't happen to have anything to upload with these guys?

Music wise, I have the album and was about to rip it but Deadradio just posted a link.

Live footage wise, I should get their full set at Ancienne Belgique pretty soon.

E-Money

They sound promising, but what a lame band name....