Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Album Week 3

Started by lostpilot, Jul 12, 2010, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Quote from: lftpp on Dec 03, 2014, 02:36 PM
im in. who starts?

The way we've done it the last few years (hasn't happened much lately) is just everyone have their own thread and post whenever they want. So it's not been album of the week necessarily.

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,18519.0.html

I'm all for starting up something new though. Maybe we'll get some activity if we change things up a bit.

An bád dubh

Quote from: lostpilot on Dec 02, 2014, 10:43 PM
This reminds me, I should continue the "Album Week" posts.. four years after.
Lets do it.

I assume its ok if I start the first, as I have never started an "Album week" -thread before.

Lets set up some rules so that it keeps going and doesnt stagnate for weeks as someone mentioned. I suggest the following:

Let's award active behavior: Next weeks thread starter comes from the people who posts in the previous week's thread.
- The first who shows interest for next week gets the next week
- The interest has to be shown in the previous week's Album week -thread.
- The thread starter writes on the thread that "this person starts next week, this person is backup"
- If the new thread is not started by a given day, the backup can start it.
- Different time zones: Hmm, by when should the thread be started, which day, which time?

Just my ideas to keep it flowing, so that we get a new a thread each week and so that people comment on the stuff. In my opinion these things have to be very clear:
- Who starts the thread
- Who starts the thread if its not started on time
- When the thread should be started
- A cool name to show that its new and rolling again
- A new thread every week
- Short instructions in the first post of each new thread, so that new people know the rules

black coffee

Easy there, officer teacher. I think this should still be a fun thing to do, and not filled with countless rules. Just start with your edition and we'll see where that goes.

An bád dubh

Just saying that last time it went good at first but then started to drag on basically because people were starting their threads late. That then lead to people not coming to check out the new threads on time which drag on the new threads even more. After that it was changed (and good so) to so that people can post Album week thread whenever they want. But in my opinion its not as fun when people check out the albums at very different times.

The original idea (one person, one week, albums) was excellent but the problem was that people didnt know who starts a thread and when and people were absent and there were no backups. Hence the guidelines I drew above. I too think my "rules" are too difficult but we need to somehow make sure, again, that:

1. Theres someone who posts for each week
2. That someone knows when he or she has to post
3. There is a backup for that person (or another way to make sure that someone else starts a thread if needed)

Just trying to figure out whats the best way to keep it going (hopefully forever) as it was excellent fun.

An bád dubh

And for me, anyone can start the first thread, I dont really mind. I wanna wait a bit if anyone gets any new ideas regarding the organisation of the thing before I'll start mine.

Crazylegs

Go ahead, dude. I think the problem is that there's just not enough interest in general. There's not a whole lot of active members on here, and only half seem to care about any music outside of bands where Chino is a member.

I'll always check these threads out anyway.

lostpilot

E-Money

I'm busy for the next few days but will be able to do one in the next week.... Even in only a few of us continue to do it... At least we'll get some new tunes to listen to.

An bád dubh

Well, Im gonna go ahead a post my Album week. I'll call it "Album week gold edition 1" or something. We can change it later if its too much, its just to stand out from the old ones  8)

lostpilot

Yeah, do it, I'll try and follow it but you all guys will not like the music I will post, I literally listen to no "rock music" now. And I know some of you are into electronic/etc but really, no rock, no violence, no weirdness, no complicated passages or conceptual intros or outros. just electronic, indie, dream pop, sex music, simple format, lo-fi, simple songs. "ALBUM WEEK GOLD EDITION 2 SEX MUSIC"

But go ahead and post yours

An bád dubh

Sounds like something we could like, ya never know :D

I posted my Album Week Gold Edition, week 1 on sunday, check it out! I will make a comment on that thread that you are doing the week 2.

lostpilot

edit: it was posted today