Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Serj Tankian Single

Started by Oldnewtype, Jul 13, 2010, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

taken from THEPRP:

"Serj Tankian has made his new single "Left Of Center" available for purchase online through iTunes. You can also stream the track below. The song comes from Tankian's new solo album "Imperfect Harmonies" which is set for a September 07th release date through Serjical Strike/Reprise."

Serj Tankian - Left of Center

sing blue silver

i was disappointed with his last effort so i guess we'll see. this is just kind of.... meh. the whole political agenda thing just really doesn't interest me anymore. it's just a bit annoying and it feels like serj really needs to get a new shtick. i'll just eagerly await a SOAD reunion. fingers crossed. without daron, serj just doesn't have the same strength in a song.

Vesanic

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
without daron, serj just doesn't have the same strength in a song.

Oldnewtype

guess im the only one who prefers his solo stuff over SOAD. I like the political thing, i love the classical stylings of his work even more.

defTHE1s

I'm still waiting for a SOAD reunion, and hearing Serj or Daron, makes me want to hear them again togueter.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

RoyalDeftonicBoy

When is this dude gonna go away along that other shit of SOAD and all their projects? Besides making ears bleed he is a wanna be Patton rip-off with his orchestra thing.

Jacob

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 16, 2010, 06:49 AM
When is this dude gonna go away along that other shit of SOAD and all their projects? Besides making ears bleed he is a wanna be Patton rip-off with his orchestra thing.

thanks, finally someone else who sees Serj for what he really is. I always considered SOAD as a cheap FNM rip-off, even though I like some of their songs. and Serj doesn't exactly try to hide the fact that he wishes he was Patton.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep