Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Linkin Park (Featuring You) - My Remix

Started by Subliminal, Jul 18, 2010, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subliminal

Hey guys, Linkin Parks holding a contest to do a remix of their unreleased new single and I got to work, excited as fuck and here is the result. Even if you dislike Linkin Park, please check it out and give me a vote!? :)

Catalyst (Subliminal Remix) - Linkin Park

Deftones-argentina

Liam, first of all I loved the guitars you put. but here comes my recommendations:
_The beat throughout the song becomes tirening, I'd like you to find a more agressive chorus (speaking about drum patterns). I think something more brutal and tom-friendly would work.
_ohh, and the guitar or bass (more probably the bass) are lacking a bit of mid-bass (160 to 400 let's say)  frecuencies, they didn't stand for themselves enough in the mix. Maybe a db or two would help, the vocals are too much in the front.
_Since the verse of 2:50 becomes really large, it will help if you add something on to it, maybe varying the bass line or something you fin suitable.
_Last, but not least, a few more crazy guitar effects would help this greatly. I can see a phaser on some parts and some nin-like atmoshpherics.

With all that said, I think this has the pottential to win, the guitar lines has it. Where can we vote? you have mine.

Starz

Where can you download the files to remix it?

Subliminal

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jul 18, 2010, 08:48 PM
Liam, first of all I loved the guitars you put. but here comes my recommendations:
_The beat throughout the song becomes tirening, I'd like you to find a more agressive chorus (speaking about drum patterns). I think something more brutal and tom-friendly would work.
_ohh, and the guitar or bass (more probably the bass) are lacking a bit of mid-bass (160 to 400 let's say)  frecuencies, they didn't stand for themselves enough in the mix. Maybe a db or two would help, the vocals are too much in the front.
_Since the verse of 2:50 becomes really large, it will help if you add something on to it, maybe varying the bass line or something you fin suitable.
_Last, but not least, a few more crazy guitar effects would help this greatly. I can see a phaser on some parts and some nin-like atmoshpherics.

With all that said, I think this has the pottential to win, the guitar lines has it. Where can we vote? you have mine.

Thanks a lot man! It's sounds pretty damn good for what I have at my disposal.

I think the idea is that you either make a masterpiece or you do something good enough to impress them, then they fly you out there to do something in their studio, either what you've done or something entirely different. So who knows..

Deftones-argentina

Liam is there somewhere we can hear the song again? you took it off and I wanted to show your version to my drummer, a huge LP fan.

Subliminal

I could e-mail it to you? :) Gimme a PM,