Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Aural Discomfort

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jul 25, 2010, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

So, I just listened. Very nice album. Really enjoyed it.

Reminded me a lot of Cursive's "The Ugly Organ". Many similarities in both vocals and instrumentals.

An bád dubh

Now thats what I call giving your comments! Was cool to read your your take on each song.

Was great to hear that you enjoyed it too! If you do decide to grab another album by them, Id say go with "Like the Exorcist, but More Breakdancing" from 2002. As said, their stuff from 2006 and forward, for me, is like listening to another band. Some like it more than their early albums, I on the other hand was really disappointed back in 2006. But I do cherish their 2 first albums, both of them are magnificent.

And theis, you havent heard it either? Man, I hope you enjoy it too.

An bád dubh

Man, how slow do I write?

So you checked it arleady too, cool! Glad you liked it  :)

oldgentlovecraft

Good recommendation for sure!  I'm thinking I will try the other album as well.

theis

I have a recommendation as well. Some people on this board already know of them, but I can't recommend Clann Zu enough.

Give their album, Rua, a listen. Very emotional, very different, very beautiful and sad.

http://www.mediafire.com/?88l137tqvy5

An bád dubh

Quote from: theis on Aug 30, 2010, 04:01 PM
I have a recommendation as well. Some people on this board already know of them, but I can't recommend Clann Zu enough.

Give their album, Rua, a listen. Very emotional, very different, very beautiful and sad.

http://www.mediafire.com/?88l137tqvy5
Im a bit biased on this one ( given my boardname ;) ) but you sir are correct, one can not recommend Clann Zu enough. Yet another band that broke up wayyyy too early. OR, maybe just at the right time.

An bád dubh

Posting a link for you so that you dont have to go through 20 dead links when you at some point check it.

Murder By Death - Like the Exorcist But More Breakdancing
http://rs144.rapidshare.com/files/145066847/murder_by_death_-_like_the_exorcist_but_more_breakdancing.rar

Peace.

bright lights, big city

i wouldn't necessarily say their last 3 albums sound like a completely different band. they're not classic albums, but DEFINITELY worth checking out for the new listeners. I said it earlier, and i'll say it again- Red of Tooth and Claw is a really good, solid album.

tried Clann Zu out several years ago, and couldn't get into them. will try out Clann Zu again today though...
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

An bád dubh

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 30, 2010, 06:22 PM
i wouldn't necessarily say their last 3 albums sound like a completely different band. they're not classic albums, but DEFINITELY worth checking out for the new listeners. I said it earlier, and i'll say it again- Red of Tooth and Claw is a really good, solid album.

tried Clann Zu out several years ago, and couldn't get into them. will try out Clann Zu again today though...
The music is still good, for some reason I just see the two eras so distinct from each other that for me it feels like its two different bands.