Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Album Week #5

Started by bebo, Jul 30, 2010, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebo

Sup, here's my picks for week 5. Alittle different then whats been posted but hey. Sorry for the late post, etc, suck my dick, etc.

Tiga – Ciao!

Year: 2009
Genre: Electro/Dance
Track Picks: Shoes, Gentle Giant

Kay. I'm pretty sure this was laughed out of the best of 2009 thread based solely on the cover. Yes, appearances can be deceivingly gay--but an awesome gay.This album is probably one of the more cohesive electronic albums I've come across, a great journey from start to finish. Wonderful pop appeal and tops as one of my favorite albums. Has a distinct 80's vibe with a hint of disco. Give it a few listens, it'll pay off. Check out his previous record Sexor as well.

Download Here

---

Charolette Gainsbourg – IRM

Year: 2009
Genre: Alternative
Track Picks: Le Chat du Café des Artistes, Time of the Assassins, Trick Pony

Lovely little album produced by Beck. Preferring female vocals myself, this album was hard to pass up--Its fresh and a decent listen.

Download Here

---

DJ Krush – Ki-Oku

Year: 1996
Genre: Trip-Hop
Track Picks: Mu-Getsu, Sun is Shining

I fucking love trip-hop. Came across this while dicking around on Pandora Radio after going through Portishead and Massive Attack's discography. Trip Hop beats + wonderful trumpet. Great driving music. 100% instrumental.

Download Here

---

Inga Liljestrom – Elk

Year: 2005
Genre: Experimental/Trip-Hop
Track Picks: Film Noir, Diamond Horseshoe

Very atmospheric album with many layers, reminds me of Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain, just a little less accessible. It'll take a few listens, but will be quite rewarding. Excellent abtract lyrics in my opinion.

Download Here

---

The Cinematic Orchestra – Everyday

Year: 2002
Genre: Downtempo
Track Picks: All That You Give, Man With the Movie Camera

Another favorite—Absolutely beautiful downtempo music. I'm sure many of you have heard it, or at least the band. Their name describes  their work perfectly--Cinematic Orchestra.

Download Here

---

WHAT THE FUCK BONUS

Goldfrapp – Felt Mountain

Year: 2005
Genre: Electronic/Dream Pop
Track Picks: Lovely Head, Pilots, Utopia

Couldn't pass up posting this just because it was a more popular record. So here you go. As this album is quite similar to Elk, I would recommend giving this a listen before it, but that's just my personal preference.

Download Here

---

Hopefully you'll find at least one new record here that you'll thoroughly enjoy or haven't heard yet. Also, apologies for the download links. I had to find them already uploaded as for some reason none of the upload tools would work with any of my browsers. If there's a problem, let me know. All should be working, but there's a few rapidshit ones in there, and I know how they suck balls.

Anyways, toodles

lostpilot

will check out the stuff later, cause I haven't heard ANY of these :)

Crazylegs

Holy shit dude. I just started listening to the Cinematic Orchestra a few days ago, and i'm fucking in love with them at the moment.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Jul 30, 2010, 10:11 PM
will check out the stuff later, cause I haven't heard ANY of these :)
in the same boat as you. several of these look very interesting.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bebo

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jul 30, 2010, 10:18 PM
Holy shit dude. I just started listening to the Cinematic Orchestra a few days ago, and i'm fucking in love with them at the moment.

I know right? Everyday is by far my favorite album by them. Just wonderful

Crazylegs

I'm a few songs into the Inga Liljeström album. Really liking it so far.

black coffee

Interesting stuff right there. I've heard a few singles by Tiga before, but the guy is doing a good job with this album. Enjoyed Inga Liljestrom and Charolette Gainsbourg as well. Feels good to listen to something different every once in a while.

raynor

Always wanted to check out that Charolette Gainsbourg album but never got around to it. Really liking it, thanks for hooking me up! Wasn't anything near what I expected, which is a good thing. Gonna check that Tiga fella next.

bright lights, big city

Cinematic Orchestra is so damn good. can't believe I had never even heard of them before a month ago.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?