Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I went to the first show of the headliner tour tonight...

Started by Nathan, Aug 07, 2010, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan

...at the Ventura Theater, setlist was SIIIIICK!
needles and pins, dai the flu, risk, and caress!

i'm gonna upload a few videos asap....bomb sound quality, average picture.
it was weird comin back to Ventura...last time I saw them play here was Chi's last show...
speaking of which, Chino dedicated Risk to Chi, i got chills.
there were a ton of recorders poppin, so this show better turn up here.

really tho, it's hard to think of new adjectives to describe their shows...i've seen em sooooo many times, but it's always fuckin magic.
great energy and vibes tonight, everyone (band and crowd) was happy and smilin...life is good.
chino did a new kinda screaming ending on lifter...tight.
bored was bomb too.
second chorus of Rocket Skates, i screamed "guns, razors" almost directly into the mic...chino was holdin it out for us to scream, and i was close.
beginning of elite was awesome....chino motioned for the whole crowd to become quiet, then when the whole place was almost silent, he leaped straight up and upon landing, elite ripped into existence.

those are all the highlights I can remember for now...i'll be back soon for the video ups.
We'll stop to rest on the moon, and we'll make fire.
I'll steal a carcass for you, and feed off the virus.

aj

snw9

Code: [Select]

snw9

Deftones Ventura show 8/6/10 hole in the earth

hole in the earth from that show u went to.
Courtesy of LadyRara21 for uploading it on youtube
Code: [Select]

pixElsblUr

Caín

they should simply stop playing 7 words. There's no need for it. And I don't believe it's still the crowdpleaser it was 10 years ago.

bIondie

Quote from: Caín on Aug 07, 2010, 03:54 PM
they should simply stop playing 7 words. There's no need for it. And I don't believe it's still the crowdpleaser it was 10 years ago.

are you joking?

Caín

Quote from: bIondie on Aug 07, 2010, 03:58 PM

are you joking?

no. why should I? Chino himself said in a recent interview that he's quite frankly sick of it.

jsnwedge

I agree about 7 Words.  I love that song, but every time they play it you know the show's over.  They should switch it up, try something new or just start closing with Headup or something.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

chi

bIondie

Quote from: Caín on Aug 07, 2010, 03:59 PM
Quote from: bIondie on Aug 07, 2010, 03:58 PM

are you joking?

no. why should I? Chino himself said in a recent interview that he's quite frankly sick of it.

i guarantee you they're sick of playing over half of the songs they've been playing the last 15 years, not just 7 words.

personally, as a fan of an exciting show, i'd take 7 words over boring ass shit like change, minerva or hole in the earth.

js. <3

Vesanic

Well Risk is the song I like the least on the album but it's a great live song, after all.

Mothman

They played Digital Bath!  :) It is my very favourite song, I'm glad it's back ^^

Thanks for the info, guys, you're a big fucking nice source of Deftones stuffs ^___^
You move like I want to.

Jesus2Chino

I knew Risk had some significance in regards to Chi. Anywho, I'm going to see them in Sacramento tomorrow, I'm stoked! Thanks for the videos!

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

skinnypuppy

Bored was the highlight of the night for me. Great setlist, but side from new songs from Diamond Eyes, nothing threw me off and made me go "HOLY SHIT THEY JUST PLAYED THAT?" Yea Dai the Flu was awesome, but I've seen it before.

Not complaining, the show was amazing. What song did they play as the first track once the encore started?

Vesanic

skinnypuppy

Oh thats right, for some reason I thought it was a Sunny Day Real Estate cover. I'm a retard.

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 08, 2010, 09:15 AM
We're all retards, bro.

The truest thing I've heard all day. I dig Sunny Day Real Estate by the way, great band.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt