Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

End of the World Party

Started by lostpilot, Aug 08, 2010, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

..after two hours of seeing green and red (!) lightnings in the sky, while the fiercest of the storms I have seen in my life tore things (houses, electricity lines, trees) apart, the wind that crushed every object and the light.. I decided I need no more proof that the end of the world (or a colossal change in the universe) is coming. That was a memorable night.

What's your take on "end of the world"?
Is the "end of the world" = "end of human civilization" = "end of times because noone will count the time past the moment"?
What's your take on people causing these catastrophies all over the world? Don't deny them, there's a lot of crazy shit going on in the world these days, and there is more to come.

Just interested to hear your thoughts.

"end of the world" = "irreversible change" ?

Nailec

facepalm.jpg

the end of the world will probablly be caused by people like you that interpret emperical necessities as something mythical or religious.

lostpilot

I'm not talking religious or mythical.
I'm talking about inevitable social and climate change.

Have you looked around yourself lately?

Caín

Quote from: lostpilot on Aug 08, 2010, 01:47 PM
I'm not talking religious or mythical.
I'm talking about inevitable social and climate change.

Have you looked around yourself lately?

Have you heard about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronal_mass_ejection#August_2010

Vesanic

Quote from: Nailec on Aug 08, 2010, 01:36 PM
facepalm.jpg

the end of the world will probablly be caused by people like you that interpret emperical necessities as something mythical or religious.

Lol.jpg

Anyway, my take on all that is that the man won't be the cause of the end of the Earth, the man will be the cause of the end of himself.

We're fucking this world up a little more everyday, and it's not that I like being pessimistic (besides, it's more of a reality than a pessimistic prediction, to me), but we won't stop, we will never stop.

The man has always been raping this planet at the deepest, and despite all the efforts that the global population is " showing ", we will always get back to our selfish and wasting roots: this planet will bleed until its last drop.

When this occures, the planet will still be here, but it will be totally unfit to live on, men won't survive.

And that's where the humanity ends.

As for the end of the world itself, I guess it will be all natural, sun will die, etc..

Caín

The end of the world will probably happen in about 6 billion years, when the sun will become a red giant, practically absorbing earth in the process. Of course this means the literal end of the world (as in earth). I sure hope humanity will find the means to leave our solar system by then.

theis

Lay off the psychedelics.

;)

lostpilot

Most of you do not read what I write.

I am not talking fireworks, dying suns and cosmic tear-out's, aka END OF EVERYTHING. I'm talking about the end of human civilization.

Therefore Vesanic made a good point about human race being the most self-destructive element in the universe ever.
And my main point is that there are things going on that never happened before.

Nailec

russia is burning, pakistan is swimming, saxonia is swimming, gulf of mexico turned black, man dies in a sauna (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/07/world-sauna-championships_n_674582.html)

i know that bad things are happening. but why conclude that humankind will eradicate itself? take the chill-pill. its not said, that the worst consequences of global warming will actually happen.

lostpilot

well, I conclude that humanity will destroy itself because humanity included their own element to the world, and the element is getting out of control.
just saying. it's not like I'm a paranoid asshole about this, just throwing ideas out there.

Yesterday I have seen a storm like I have never seen - I live in the same place for 22 years, and nobody around me seen a storm like that. And yeah, you can talk about coronal ejection, but I see the results here.

bright lights, big city

so what caused the storm? if it was so unique, there must have been a reason? fires in Russia somehow affecting it?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

yes, fires and climate in Russia did affect the storm - the super-hot air masses from Russia came to Lithuania to encounter the cold ones from the Baltic Sea - boom, crazy storm happens.

And the storm was special of its strength and the colored lightnings. Made massive damage to lithuanian people :(

ben

lostpilot

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

People have been seeing crazy things in the weather and have been assuming that the people in power will destroy them since the fucking dawn of civilization.

What makes us so special? Why are we blessed with existing in time to see our own destruction?

Simple answer. We aren't.

Mankind won't suddenly die out because of climate change. First of all, I don't believe in it, second, we survived a fucking ice age. IF, big if here, man-made climate change exists, we aren't going to suddenly see the end of days, people will die over the course of hundreds of years, but mankind will do exactly what it's best at doing which is persevering. You won't live to "see the world end". You're just not that special. Your life in the great scheme of things is meaningless.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Aug 09, 2010, 07:45 PM
People have been seeing crazy things in the weather and have been assuming that the people in power will destroy them since the fucking dawn of civilization.

What makes us so special? Why are we blessed with existing in time to see our own destruction?

Mankind won't suddenly die out because of climate change. First of all, I don't believe in it, second, we survived a fucking ice age. IF, big if here, man-made climate change exists, we aren't going to suddenly see the end of days, people will die over the course of hundreds of years, but mankind will do exactly what it's best at doing which is persevering. You won't live to "see the world end". You're just not that special. Your life in the great scheme of things is meaningless.

Yeah, no kidding, I really hope this is just like a fantasy thread or something.

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 08, 2010, 02:21 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Aug 08, 2010, 01:36 PM
facepalm.jpg

Lol.jpg

Anyway, my take on all that is that the man won't be the cause of the end of the Earth, the man will be the cause of the end of himself.

We're fucking this world up a little more everyday, and it's not that I like being pessimistic (besides, it's more of a reality than a pessimistic prediction, to me), but we won't stop, we will never stop.

The man has always been raping this planet at the deepest, and despite all the efforts that the global population is " showing ", we will always get back to our selfish and wasting roots: this planet will bleed until its last drop.

When this occures, the planet will still be here, but it will be totally unfit to live on, men won't survive.

And that's where the humanity ends.

As for the end of the world itself, I guess it will be all natural, sun will die, etc..

Haha dude, I really hope you're joking.  Here's a little tidbit to think about while you're pondering doomsday: if you took every person in the world, grouped them into 4 person families, and gave them all 2500 sq ft houses with an ample front and back yard (just houses, mind you, not roads or anything else), the area formed would be the size of Texas.  So give me a break with that whole overpopulation garbage.  It's pure insanity.  Yeah 6 billion people is a lot, but so is 148 940 000 km2.  It's also crazy to think that we rape the planet, especially while you're reaping the benefits of this "rape" with your computer and lack of starvation and all that.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Aug 09, 2010, 07:45 PM

so i take it we won't be lucky enough to see the zombie apocalypse in our lifetime?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sea Bass

Tôo much information. Thats a desease. People still believe (or want to believe) in2012 or something about self destruction.

tarkil

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Aug 10, 2010, 01:05 AM
Haha dude, I really hope you're joking.  Here's a little tidbit to think about while you're pondering doomsday: if you took every person in the world, grouped them into 4 person families, and gave them all 2500 sq ft houses with an ample front and back yard (just houses, mind you, not roads or anything else), the area formed would be the size of Texas.  So give me a break with that whole overpopulation garbage.  It's pure insanity.  Yeah 6 billion people is a lot, but so is 148 940 000 km2.  It's also crazy to think that we rape the planet, especially while you're reaping the benefits of this "rape" with your computer and lack of starvation and all that.

While I'd agree with you to some extent, you realize that having some room to live is not the problem... Problem is more how to sustain these 6 billion people...
Now I'm sure we both agree that would take more than an area the size of Texas....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 10, 2010, 04:44 AM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Aug 10, 2010, 01:05 AM

While I'd agree with you to some extent, you realize that having some room to live is not the problem... Problem is more how to sustain these 6 billion people...
Now I'm sure we both agree that would take more than an area the size of Texas....

So what you're saying is, in Corey's hypothetical scenario where every human on the planet is relocated to Texas, THE REST OF THE PLANET IS NOT LARGE ENOUGH to sustain that?