Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Anyone go to the Sacto show? pre-sale tickets were a fucking disaster

Started by Derek79, Aug 10, 2010, 02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek79

anyone else get fucked out of tickets to the Sacto show????   talked to lots of people who didnt get their pre-sale tickets either... any of you guys on here?

Jesus2Chino

Got mine fine. The trick was you had to be there early to get the Ground Control tickets. They handed that shit out the same time they were getting the meet and greet people squared away. I was there at like 3:30 so I didn't have any issues, but I don't know where the Ground Control people went after the meet and greet. It was really disorganized though, you could tell the people had no idea what was going on. Anywho, it was a great show either way.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Derek79

yeah, it was a good show... I cant complain too much... I lucked out and got to watch sound check & meet & greet w/ the band with some radio contest winners... did you go to the gound control meet & greet?  I cant believe they left without dropping off any tickets... the venue manager let me and about 30 others in the side entrance after waiting for them to show for like 2 hours...

Jesus2Chino

Nah, I didn't want to pay to see them, it seems insincere; I was just there early to be up there in line. How was it that you got to go in with the radio fellows? Were you a winner yourself? Anywho, I was happy with the show--it was good to see the whole gang having a great time on stage, and they played a pretty good setlist. I was hoping for a rarity or two for their hometown crowd, but I was satisfied with Dai the Flu and Needles and Pins. Can't wait to see them again, hopefully sooner than later.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Derek79

I got super lucky... was in the right place at the right time... I walked up to the girl that was organizing the radio meet & greet thinking she maybe had will call tickets (because she had a big box full of them), and she just happened to be talking to some guy who was there to pick up his tickets but he couldnt stay for the sound check, and he said he was looking for 2 huge fans to give them to... I showed him all my Deftones tats and mentioned that I drove 10 hours for the show and he hooked me up! 

I agree... wouldve been cool to see something rare, but I was happy w/ Risk and the fact that they played a ton of DE tracks... I wouldve killed to hear Caress though... those lucky fuckers in so-cal always get the good shit!  I'll be at the show in Spokane tomorrow too... hopefully they can mix in Royal!

chinomoreno876

Just went to the allentown show last night and had similar issues, i was told my tickets would be at will call and my name wasn't on the list, they weren't going to let us in saying well you should have been here earlier even though i had been there since 3pm and asked about 10 different people who all said i had to get them at will call window at 7pm, luckily we had the email saved on my girls phone and showed them the email and said we werent going anywhere because we paid and to get someone that is running things and then they just said alright whatever go inside, awesome show though, it was great!!!!