Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino Talking About White Pony

Started by Balthazard, Aug 10, 2010, 05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korea Rounding

Quote from: sing blue silver on Aug 11, 2010, 06:13 PM
that's not really my point. drugs don't make non-creative people creative and they certainly don't make for better creativity. i'm not ripping on drugs, god knows i've done my share and i'm in a life long love affair with pot, but i don't find i'm any more creative when i'm high. in fact i'm less creative and that initial inspiration leaves pretty fast. being creative is a lifestyle, not a side effect. drugs have had definite influences on things i create and things i love but 90% of the time things created while high have no purpose or direction and generally turn out terrible. doing drugs won't make you cool or make art and music better. you usually have to have some talent in the first place to use drugs for creative purposes. do drugs, don't do drugs, whatever i'm just saying drugs won't cause you to feel something that wasn't already there. self reflection and understanding works much better i think.

way to judge an entire population of seven billion people, based solely on how you are as a person

Vesanic

Quote from: Korea Rounding on Aug 12, 2010, 09:08 AM
way to judge an entire population of seven billion people, based solely on how you are as a person

Yeah, really. Drugs do make some people creative. Drugs are fucking dangerous, but some people put out some of their best work thans to them. That's a reality.

sing blue silver

Quote from: sing blue silver on Aug 11, 2010, 06:13 PM
that's not really my point. drugs don't make non-creative people creative and they certainly don't make for better creativity. i'm not ripping on drugs, god knows i've done my share and i'm in a life long love affair with pot, but i don't find i'm any more creative when i'm high. in fact i'm less creative and that initial inspiration leaves pretty fast. being creative is a lifestyle, not a side effect. drugs have had definite influences on things i create and things i love but 90% of the time things created while high have no purpose or direction and generally turn out terrible. doing drugs won't make you cool or make art and music better. you usually have to have some talent in the first place to use drugs for creative purposes. do drugs, don't do drugs, whatever i'm just saying drugs won't cause you to feel something that wasn't already there. self reflection and understanding works much better i think.

yeah but the thing is, i'm the BEST person so everyone should be trying to get to my level of standards anyway. and i'm also judging this by all the terrible music i've heard kids on ecstasy and coke and acid pump out. i've never liked the whole "i'm a musician on drugs, look at me" thing. it seems a bit juvenile to think it really aids it in any way. and i judge the population of seven billion people on everything i've been exposed to in life. generally people using drugs as a creative crutch are far less intelligent and talented anyway and just need an edge to seem interesting. either way people need to grow the fuck up.
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 12, 2010, 12:05 PM

Yeah, really. Drugs do make some people creative. Drugs are fucking dangerous, but some people put out some of their best work thans to them. That's a reality.

i don't think drugs directly equals great music. the spark has to already be there. if they're used as a guide and you don't rely on them for your inspiration you'll be a lot better off. look at john frusciante. i think he made his best stuff once he cleaned up. i'm not trying to say drugs won't help but they're not the only reason a person should feel creative and if they are you shouldn't be making music. a lot of the worst fucking music on the planet has been fuelled by drugs. 90% of the bands creating drugs induced music is just plain shit. some people make it work and generally they already have talent and don't just rely on drugs.

ToneDef

bebo

White Pony was always my favorite era. Good read.

Nebontha

Quotei don't think drugs directly equals great music. the spark has to already be there. if they're used as a guide and you don't rely on them for your inspiration you'll be a lot better off. look at john frusciante. i think he made his best stuff once he cleaned up. i'm not trying to say drugs won't help but they're not the only reason a person should feel creative and if they are you shouldn't be making music. a lot of the worst fucking music on the planet has been fuelled by drugs. 90% of the bands creating drugs induced music is just plain shit. some people make it work and generally they already have talent and don't just rely on drugs.

This is the kind of thing I've been thinking about occasionally, and I'm glad you said it because if I had attempted to it would have sounded at least half-retarded or biased or something..
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Nebontha on Aug 13, 2010, 11:28 PM
Quotei don't think drugs directly equals great music. the spark has to already be there. if they're used as a guide and you don't rely on them for your inspiration you'll be a lot better off. look at john frusciante. i think he made his best stuff once he cleaned up. i'm not trying to say drugs won't help but they're not the only reason a person should feel creative and if they are you shouldn't be making music. a lot of the worst fucking music on the planet has been fuelled by drugs. 90% of the bands creating drugs induced music is just plain shit. some people make it work and generally they already have talent and don't just rely on drugs.

This is the kind of thing I've been thinking about occasionally, and I'm glad you said it because if I had attempted to it would have sounded at least half-retarded or biased or something..

thanks. i'm not the best at getting my thoughts out in a coherent manner. i tend to ramble and still miss the point.

nineteen

The real deal is only in certain people. Drugs just amplify it.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: nineteen on Aug 14, 2010, 07:35 PM
The real deal is only in certain people. Drugs CAN amplify it.

Fixed.

Sea Bass

deftones86

i agree drugs CAN amplify creativity. i come up with my best shit when im stoned. all uppers and E made me want to do was play fast. but weed makes you feel what your writing its awesome. smoke up kids