Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Blade Runner 2049.

Denis Villeneuve did the impossible and made a more than worthy sequel to the greatest sci-fi movie ever.

This was beautiful.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Oct 12, 2017, 02:03 PM
Blade Runner 2049.

Denis Villeneuve did the impossible and made a more than worthy sequel to the greatest sci-fi movie ever.

This was beautiful.
I'm seeing it this weekend, and I can't wait. Looks gorgeous, and I've been confident in it since hearing Villeneuve was attached to direct this. Got such a hard-on for his movies.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

You're in for a treat! It's great. Really great...and I need to see it again. So much to digest.

And Hans Zimmer has done it again. I was afraid that the soundtrack would be too bombastic ala Dark Knight (love that, but it doesn't fit into the Blade Runner realm), but it was just perfect. Intense and atmospheric.

bright lights, big city

A lot of BRAHHHMS, but I still liked the score, it fit with the scenes. I actually did enjoy 2049 more than the original. Visually, up there with my favorites like Fury Road, just every scene was incredibly beautiful (Like Wallace's water office especially). Roger fucking Deakins should finally get awarded for this one.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BewareTheWater

Quote from: theis on Oct 12, 2017, 02:03 PM
Blade Runner 2049.

This was beautiful.
Agreed. Unfortunately, it's doing so poorly in the box office that I might not get the chance to see it in theaters a 2nd time.  The general public just doesn't often appreciate art. I know that kinda sounds pretentious , but that's just my thoughts on it ; it's a beautiful work of art, from head-to-toe. It not only perfectly replicates ( pun intended ? lolol ) the themes, symbolism and style of the first movie, but it improves upon those elements . I'll probably sound like a dickhead for this , but I definitely wanna see it in 3D. Just outstanding visuals.

American Made was also tons of fun.

theis

Brawl In Cell Block 99.

This movie blew my mind. Holy shiiit.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Uptown on Oct 28, 2017, 08:58 PM

Yeah go home and don't forget to watch more movies like this shit, for example: The Day After Tomorrow, San Andreas and 2012, all those movies for an asshole like you are gold for sure!

Rainbows

What 2018 movie are you looking forward to the most?

bright lights, big city

DERP

Inner w Peace

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Atomic

My favorite film of 2018 and one of Nicolas Cage's best performances imo, described as a Psychedelic Action Horror. Highly recommended.
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

God

John Wick 3  - Parabellum

The movie was just too good.

Eros TBA

5CI55OR

The best movie of 2023 is undoubtedly 'Sound of Freedom.' The year 2024 is off to a good start

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=waJKJW_XU90