Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Black Swan (The new film from Darren Aronofsky)

Started by theis, Aug 19, 2010, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Jacob

this looks awesome! mostly because of the sex scene between Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman, obviously.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

The trailer reminded me of Mulholland Drive (eg. two female leads, sex scene, rivalry, surreal dream-like atmosphere).

Can't wait to see this!

Jacob

yeah, absolutely. I had no idea what this movie was going to be about, but I'm now intrigued to say the least.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

I heard Aronofsky uses a lot of scenes straight from the anime-film "Perfect Blue", which is a really good flick in it's own right.  He bought the rights to it a long time ago...guess he is finally using at least some of it for inspiration.  Pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's films are being made into live-action films...I know they are working on getting Paprika made as well. 

bright lights, big city

Quote from: wither-I on Aug 19, 2010, 02:39 PM
another clint mansell score!!!!!
Quote from: theis on Aug 19, 2010, 10:41 AM
The trailer reminded me of Mulholland Drive (eg. two female leads, sex scene, rivalry, surreal dream-like atmosphere).

Can't wait to see this!
Damn I was thinking the exact same things. Looks very Lynch-like, and seeing Mansell's name on the poster instantly makes me interested in this project (even though he only deals with the music).
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Jerry_Curls

It will be interesting to see how Mila does in a drama. Hopefully she kills it.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Penicks

I hope it's not a pretentious piece of shit like The Fontain was. But Aranofsky redeemed himself with The Wrestler so i'm interested either way.

theis

Penicks

Soundtrack is my favorite of all time, but I prefer good character development and real emotion over some striking visual scenes.

theis

For me, it had a lot more to offer than the visual aspect. It moved me on several levels.

Ah well, to each his own.

deftjess

looks crazy as shit

wanna see, the trailer caught my intrest

theis

Pretty interesting:

"According to a recent interview with Aronofsky, The Wrestler and Black Swan actually began as a single movie before splitting into separate entities."

Aronofsky:
Quote"At one point, way before I made 'The Wrestler,' I was actually developing a project that was about a love affair between a ballet dancer and a wrestler, and then it kind of split off into two movies," he said.  "I realized pretty quickly that taking two worlds like wrestling and ballet was much too much for one movie."

Quote"I've always considered the two films companion pieces," he said. "They are really connected and people will see the connections. It's funny, because wrestling some consider the lowest art — if they would even call it art — and ballet some people consider the highest art. But what was amazing to me was how similar the performers in both of these worlds are. They both make incredible use of their bodies to express themselves." [I tried to convince the judge that was art!] "So I guess my dream is that some art theater will play the films as a double feature some day."

theis

bright lights, big city

wow, i REALLY want to see this asap. i wonder if it can challenge Inception for my pick of film of the year?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

one weak

It looks as though it will outdo Inception for me. I love everything he does, to be fair.

blixa

Quote from: one weak on Sep 14, 2010, 11:06 PM
It looks as though it will outdo Inception for me. I love everything he does, to be fair.

i think it'll definitely outdo inception. i am with brian on this, i really hope kunis does well. she has potential but i've never seen it pushed.

and cassel. well, it's fucking cassel. he's just top notch.