Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones to tour in UK/Europe in November

Started by Vesanic, Aug 25, 2010, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starz

lol I never said there was a problem you old man :P I just thought the atmosphere last night was, different to any other Deftones gig I've been to. I felt like everyone was there just to hear them play Change and Back to School and were gutted when they didn't play the latter. I heard people when I was queuing outside saying they were only there to see Coheed...

mikemerrett

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Nov 18, 2010, 07:24 PM
Quote from: Starz on Nov 18, 2010, 03:06 AM
Yeah was the same set list as previous nights. A little disappointed tbh. Also, was it just me or did most of the crowd seem either old (in their 30's) or really young. I'm sure I saw a few people who looked about 50 lol.

I agree that Chino's vocals were great but I dunno, I feel tonight was missing something... What happened to deciding on the set list like an hour before the gig starts? They used to do that when they were touring to promote SNW. And I agree with something Zane Lowe said on the radio yesterday; that I feel like the band are now really 'tight', same set list every night etc. I missed some of that 'looseness' like previous times I've seen them. Meh, I'm a little drunk it's hard to explain...

whats the matters with having older people there, im 26 by the way, it just seems a random thing, as if you are suggesting that older tones fans shouldnt be at the gig

The cheek! 30 is not old. Im also 26 and to behonest i would have thought the majority of long term deftones fans probably are around the 30's mark. After all deftones have been around for  22 years.

Starz

No, I never said there was anything wrong. I was just making an observation

Vesanic

London was good, nothing exceptional, imo. They just played Lhabia in Norwich, by the way. Fuckers.

EDIT: My bad, looks like they didn't. Fucking people on twitter.

SystemofaDan

I thought the London gig was amazing, But then it was my first time seeing them so i havent got anything to compare it to, I thought the crowd was pretty good for the most part aswell, Everyone were i was was into it pretty much the whole time

Law

#10 for me tonight, absolutely cannot wait.

rufas

London gig was good. Not as good as most recent Amsterdam gig though... but this is probably down to me knowing the ins and outs of the setlist: Oh, curse of the fanboy!

The way they went straight from Rocket Skates - Around the Fur at the beginning was neat.

I was disappointed not to hear anything from SNW or self-titled (other than minerva and bloody cape, the latter being one of my highlights). I thought we would at least get Beware, or Hole in the Earth.

Thought it was a bit funny of Chino to say they were going to break out some different shit in an interview just a few days before, specifically mentioning London, then they stick to the exact same setlist they have been chugging for 2-3 months now.

They are such a tight show now, didn't pause for breath once except for the encore. Chino especially is so much more professional - he's really mastered his voice. No cancelled shows for a while now.... He screams like a motherfucker more and more every time I see him.... but it's all a bit too slick for me. I actually prefer the messiness and  out-of-breath chino from the self-titled / SNW days - when he would run about the stage for a bit but would soon have to collapse onto his knees for tiredness. If it wasn't for me seeing the guys twice already this year I think I would have enjoyed it more... also could have been because I wasn't so drunk this time. All in all excellent gig though  :P

wheresmysnare

Quote from: rufas on Nov 19, 2010, 12:47 PM
London gig was good. Not as good as most recent Amsterdam gig though... but this is probably down to me knowing the ins and outs of the setlist: Oh, curse of the fanboy!

The way they went straight from Rocket Skates - Around the Fur at the beginning was neat.

I was disappointed not to hear anything from SNW or self-titled (other than minerva and bloody cape, the latter being one of my highlights). I thought we would at least get Beware, or Hole in the Earth.

Thought it was a bit funny of Chino to say they were going to break out some different shit in an interview just a few days before, specifically mentioning London, then they stick to the exact same setlist they have been chugging for 2-3 months now.

They are such a tight show now, didn't pause for breath once except for the encore. Chino especially is so much more professional - he's really mastered his voice. No cancelled shows for a while now.... He screams like a motherfucker more and more every time I see him.... but it's all a bit too slick for me. I actually prefer the messiness and  out-of-breath chino from the self-titled / SNW days - when he would run about the stage for a bit but would soon have to collapse onto his knees for tiredness. If it wasn't for me seeing the guys twice already this year I think I would have enjoyed it more... also could have been because I wasn't so drunk this time. All in all excellent gig though  :P

ha chino cant win

fat chino: he cant sing properly anymore and has no energy like the old chino

skinny chino: he sings too well, too much of a professional, i miss him weezing

Vesanic

Stop already guys, some people here will go harsh on ya if you keep talking about Chino. :P

defsteve

Quote from: Law on Nov 18, 2010, 12:06 PM
Well I'll be at Nottingham tomorrow, let's see if they do the same set again lol

Guess not!

Setlist pinched from setlist.fm but added Royal as I am sure they played that. Unless I have had too much to drink  :o

Best gig of the tour that I have seen so far! Superb.

Rocket Skates
Around the Fur
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lotion
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Elite
Diamond Eyes
CMND/CTRL
Beauty School
Prince
Royal
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
Hexagram
Minerva
Back To School (Mini Maggit)
Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Encore:
Birthmark
Engine No. 9
7 Words
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

rufas

Birmingham last night was brilliant , better performance than brixton imo. There was a LOT more energy with the band and they seemed to be in higher spirits, much more banter with the crowd and chino took a lot more time in between songs to chat shit. Hole in the Earth + Back to school were the only changes, in the place of Bloody Cape + one of the diamond eyes songs (i believe) .. The workout with Steph & Sergio was awesome too, reminded me of Sunn big time, atmospheric drone stuff with Sergio playing a very slow riff. First time I'd been to Birmingham, it's a shit lot smaller than Brixton I was surprised. Sound was also a lot better (though of course this could be down to where i was standing, wasn't as close last night)

Here's looking forward to another european tour in the spring! lol.  :)

nineteen

The Leeds gig was pretty good - reminded me of the band around 97.

Speaking of which, I'm 30 next year and it is definitely not old! Bearing in mind that a lot of new fans around the ATF period were 16/17 etc

dawg

Quote from: aj on Nov 15, 2010, 06:28 PM
Quote from: dawg on Nov 15, 2010, 04:56 PM
anyone going to be in Cologne next week?

am thinking about it.

haven't got a ticket yet but if I can leave work early I will take the train up and then back to FFM on Tuesday

hope you can make it aj!
I will definitely be there, rocking out with all the 30 year old people :D

Longstem

Dawg, have a nice show tomorrow!

Cant make it... but.. any forum members who will be at :

Antwerp?
Tilburg?
Luxembourg?

and Yes.. here too older fan... 29 years old, married and working my ass off all week long.

But... deftones is a nice break !!!!!!

Vesanic

Longstem, Sly & myself will be at Antwerp. Say hi, people !

Law

Quote from: defsteve on Nov 20, 2010, 02:58 AM
Quote from: Law on Nov 18, 2010, 12:06 PM
Well I'll be at Nottingham tomorrow, let's see if they do the same set again lol

Guess not!

Setlist pinched from setlist.fm but added Royal as I am sure they played that. Unless I have had too much to drink  :o

Best gig of the tour that I have seen so far! Superb.

Rocket Skates
Around the Fur
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lotion
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Elite
Diamond Eyes
CMND/CTRL
Beauty School
Prince
Royal
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
Hexagram
Minerva
Back To School (Mini Maggit)
Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Encore:
Birthmark
Engine No. 9
7 Words

They didn't play Royal as far as I remember.

Awesome gig though, full on intensity. My gf got head butted and the guy who did nearly started crying haha.

defsteve

Quote from: Law on Nov 22, 2010, 11:09 AMThey didn't play Royal as far as I remember.

Awesome gig though, full on intensity. My gf got head butted and the guy who did nearly started crying haha.

Yeah I must have 'imagined' they played it. Great gig though.

Hope your girlfriend is OK....
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

dawg

Quote from: Longstem on Nov 21, 2010, 10:58 PM
Dawg, have a nice show tomorrow!

Cant make it... but.. any forum members who will be at :

Antwerp?
Tilburg?
Luxembourg?

and Yes.. here too older fan... 29 years old, married and working my ass off all week long.

But... deftones is a nice break !!!!!!

now I really want to go to luxembourg again! :(
thanks buddy! have a great time too!

Law

Quote from: defsteve on Nov 22, 2010, 11:19 AM
Quote from: Law on Nov 22, 2010, 11:09 AMThey didn't play Royal as far as I remember.

Yeah I must have 'imagined' they played it. Great gig though.

Hope your girlfriend is OK....

Yeah she was thanks mate she was fine as it was the back of her head. If I'd have known you'd be there, I'd had arranged a meetup! Doh! Next time though.

BTW, chino on the balcony from their twitter. My hand is directly in the middle, haha I was going mental at that point.

Also looking at the Brixton picture, I feel lucky I went to Rock City and Leeds, since those venues look way smaller... especially Nottingham.

Moz

i'll be at the Tilburg show. say hi if you want to!