Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Album Week 8

Started by black coffee, Sep 02, 2010, 05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

Albinobeach from South Africa feature stoner-like guitars, classic drumming, and a driving bass. Nothing else needed here. And no, it's not Pelican. Myopia" became an instant favorite song of all time for me.
Albinobeach - Albinobeach EP
myspace.com/albinobeach

a great discovery of my old AfterThePostRock days.... The kind of heavy, instrumental music that I enjoy. Has sludge elements in it, yet it's also experimental.
Meniscus - Absence Of I
myspace.com/meniscusmusic

The guy behind this, Hendrik Weber, is making what most would describe as "minimal" music. He went to Switzerland on his own to get some sounds for this album, which also features a guest-appearance of Noah Lennox from Animal Collective fame. Pattering beats, use of glockenspiel tones and a growling bass is what you'll receive.
Pantha Du Prince - Black Noise
myspace.com/panthaduprince

Standstill is a band from Barcelona, Spain. Their music is a good mixture of Indie and Post-Hardcore filled with sing-along parts. Sometimes dark, always full of ideas and passionate song-writing.
Standstill - Vivalaguerra
myspace.com/standstill

A seriously ridiculous name for a band, but wait till you hear the intro of "Tempting Time"..To be honest, I've never heard anything like this in my life. Let's call it Instrumental Progressive Metal with 8 string guitars. My favorite album of 2009. Thanks again to Slacker for posting this!
Animals As Leaders - Animals As Leaders
myspace.com/animalsasleaders

theis

Definitely gonna check out the Animals as Leaders album. Sounds like my cup of tea.

sing blue silver

I was gonna use animals as leaders

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Sep 02, 2010, 06:02 PM
Definitely gonna check out the Animals as Leaders album. Sounds like my cup of tea.
they own big time.
i'm looking forward to hearing Meniscus.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

I just checked out Animals as Leaders recently because they're touring with dredg, Codeseven and Circa Survive.  That's going to be a good night of music

black coffee

That tour is just ridiculous. Re-united Codeseven, Animals As Leaders, dredg and Circa Survive? Kinda reminds me of the quality of dredg/Sparta/Glassjaw touring together a couple years ago. Needles to say, that was also only in the United States.

Crazylegs

Meniscus sounds promising.

bebo

Quote from: theis on Sep 02, 2010, 06:02 PM

sixner

I was at Animals as Leaders very first show (With Between the buried and me)... Honestly, it was aweful. But who has a fantastic first show anyways?

I'm seeing them again tomorrow (with dredg and circa survive).. stoked to see how they've come along. Awesome stuff.

black coffee

Chino's thoughts on Black Noise by Pantha Du Prince.

"If I had to pick my favorite record of this year it'd be Black Noise, I've certainly listened to it the most this year. It's another of those records that I can listen to whatever I'm doing - it's borderline background music if you know what I mean, but sometimes if you just put it on really loud it's totally hypnotic. I never thought I'd like techno music, but this really brought me in. Normally when I hear 4.4 beats I just put it in one category, but the sonics of this are amazing - bits of it sound like little pieces of metal, there are all these organic, earthy sounds. It's programmed noise. There's a dark edge to it, but not too dark. Also I love the artwork, it really pairs with the music, really made me listen to it in greater depth."

source: http://thequietus.com/articles/05329-deftones-chino-interview-favourite-records?page=9

The link I posted above still works. If you don't trust me, trust Chino (:

Pantha Du Prince - Black Noise - 2010

bright lights, big city

i thought the album art from that article seemed a little familiar. good call on picking that, though. you're kick ass prize is in the mail.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?