Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Protest the Hero

Started by Oldnewtype, Sep 07, 2010, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Digging the new song. I hope the rest of the album will be heavier though.

mr.sinister

Pre-ordered the shirt CD combo. New song is awesome. I really dig that soft jazzy part.

Oldnewtype

theis

bright lights, big city

leaked over a month early?!? yesssss!

there's too much good music this year so far.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

this is a fucking awesome record. hope to see these guys live again someday.

theis

What a boring album. So disappointed.

sing blue silver

hmmm. too bad you were disappointed. i'm enjoying it. i've never been a huge PTH fan so i take it for what it's worth. if anything i like that it's a bit more coherent than their previous work. still... i think it's pretty sweet.

Oldnewtype

i think its fucking amazing. Digging the softer elements in this one. Gets better with each play.

bright lights, big city

Theis, I gotta agree with you. I'm going to be giving it multiple listens today, but after about a playthrough and a half, I just don't feel it. C'est La Vie is good, the ending to Tapestry is well done, but overall nothing really stands out to me to even consider it as a good album. The guitar work doesn't seem  as intricate as before, and the vocals just feel off. Might be those softer parts are what don't sit right with me.
Kezia was incredible, Fortress was probably above average, but this just feels generic.
DERP

theis

Yeah, the vocals especially are what annoys me. Where's the screaming? Where's the growling? Fortress was a perfect combo of different vocal styles. This album just sounds lazy, shallow and uninspired.

theis

Loving the new album!

Zantera

New album is awesome.

Oldnewtype

FlyingPiranha

Loving Volition so far. It improves on everything I didn't like about Scurrilous (I.E. Rody's cringey lyrics and general lack of screaming). I still keep wishing with every album they'd try and expand their sound a bit though, I think at this point they're in danger of getting stuck in a rut if they don't start trying different things soon.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017