Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Boardwalk Empire

Started by devilinside, Sep 15, 2010, 07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

I've been anxiously waiting for this show for several months!

Boardwalk Empire Trailer #1 (HBO)

bright lights, big city

damn, you beat me to creating this thread! this series really looks like a can't miss.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

I just saw the pilot and this show looks hella promising.  I wouldn't say I'm hooked like I've been with say Dexter, but I'll definitely continue tuning in.

Crazylegs

Haven't watched the first episode yet. But it looks like something i'll thoroughly enjoy. Buscemi is awesome.

bright lights, big city

very impressed with the first episode! i'm basically hoping we can get a sort of mini-Scorcese movie every week out of this.

it also reminds me of the great times I had watching Deadwood, where it's basically a fictionalized drama based on real people/events. I really hope they stick with the Chicago mobster storyline; I'm fascinated with that era in Chicago.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Crazylegs

poofing acid

I just started watching this.  Finished ep 5 a minute ago.  I'm a fan.  Show needs more Omar Little.

Geogaddii

Picked up on this show because of Buschemi and Michael Pitt. It has a very errie Sopranos feel to it. I've seen the entire Sopranos series a few times and have been able to pick up on a few plot points and twists in Boardwalk because of it. I maybe wrong but I feel 'Nucky's' and 'Jimmy's' relationship reminds me so much of Tony and Moltisanti. Anyways, can't wait for season 2 and some more 'Christian Conversion' :P.

bright lights, big city

This series kind of gets forgotten (by me, at least) because of the all around awesomeness HBO's broadcasted since the first season aired. But now you got me remembering the incredible shit that went down. I'm hoping for a much bigger role for Chalky White this season. And the half-faced sniper.
DERP

Geogaddii

ask and you shall receive. I believe both characters will be huge this season. However, I'd put money on half-face not returning for a 3rd season... btw what part of Chicago you from?

bright lights, big city

I'm from the NW burbs, in Roselle. I'm currently in the city in Ravenswood, kind of near the Aragon Ballroom.
DERP

poofing acid

Bump for the premiere tonight.  I had no idea it was back on until I saw the torrent posted.

tarkil

Cool, will be downloading this tonight then !!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

Nothing like opening a season with Chalky White and half a dozen KKK and a gatling gun.
DERP

tarkil

Was a fucking cool opening indeed ! I'm so glad that this show is back, it's really great...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

devilinside

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 26, 2011, 02:22 PM
Nothing like opening a season with Chalky White and half a dozen KKK and a gatling gun.

I know!!! What threw me off was when Jimmy's mom told his wife about how when he was a baby she would kiss his "winky" when she changed him...she's a fucking loon.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 26, 2011, 03:36 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 26, 2011, 02:22 PM

I know!!! What threw me off was when Jimmy's mom told his wife about how when he was a baby she would kiss his "winky" when she changed him...she's a fucking loon.
I heard that and blurted out, "I guess that's cool". But yeah she's a little nutty. Buuut she's also got a nice bod.
DERP

defskull

Uhhh....anyone else here watch this season???

bright lights, big city

Yeah a little slow at times, but I still love the show. Those last few episode got really good. I'm still in shock they pulled a Ned Stark though. Unbelievable.
DERP