Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

the town

Started by blixa, Sep 17, 2010, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

i saw the trailer for this during the previews at the cinema yesterday. it tickled my fancy:
the town.

i just hope it's not a fantastic trailer and a 'mehh' movie. the storyline seems a bit outdated and i will break fingers if the whole time rebecca hall's character is in co-op with the cops to bring ben affleck's character down.

i want a depressing ending but not a predictable one.

bright lights, big city

his first directing job for Gone Baby Gone was impressive, so that would be reason enough for me to check this out, on top of the fact that Jon Hamm (badass) and Blake Lively (gorgeous) are in it.

according to rotten tomatoes, the critics actually have it at 90%, if that matters at all.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

It looks very, very good.

Definitely gonna check it out.

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 17, 2010, 05:46 AM
his first directing job for Gone Baby Gone was impressive, so that would be reason enough for me to check this out, on top of the fact that Jon Hamm (badass) and Blake Lively (gorgeous) are in it.

according to rotten tomatoes, the critics actually have it at 90%, if that matters at all.

this will be blake lively's chance to prove her acting chops.

jon hamm is stunning but overall my attraction is to ben affleck. bad guys really are appealing.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I will try to catch it tomorrow with my GF. It has 8.6 @ imdb.com
It already seemed like a good movie in the preview I saw before Inception.

one weak

it was pretty entertaining, but the story has been done a thousand times (see HEAT etc. ) and the Boston neighborhood thing has been better executed too (see MYSTIC RIVER, THE DEPARTED, etc.)

Overall though it was not a waste of money, and the acting was pretty good.

blixa

i watched it on opening night. i really liked it. the ending was a bit contrived but i had no qualms with it. i thought the car chasing scenes were amazingly shot. it literally had me going "eeeeee".

the sex scene was a bit awkward.