Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Louie

Started by chick de la lynch, Sep 17, 2010, 07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chick de la lynch

This show is great, and not just because it stars the hilarious Louis C.K. It's funny, smart, and at certain points, kind of touching. Easily one of the best shows I've seen in the past few years.

bright lights, big city

that episode with the gay chat his friends had at their poker game sums up how cool the series is: not afraid to talk about something really serious and have a serious conversation about it, but while still being funny.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

Hoping to see him live in November. I've been a huge fan of his for a while now.
💩

Fireal1222

Quote from: lithium on Sep 17, 2010, 06:17 PM
I've been a huge fan of his for a while now.

me too. his standup is beyond funny. everyone tries to copy his stuff

also, are there any sites where you can watch "louie" online?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

chick de la lynch

I've been watching it through Hulu, although I'm not sure if they have it up to the first episode. Hulu has changed its policies a lot this summer, so now it's really starting to suck.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 17, 2010, 08:49 AM
that episode with the gay chat his friends had at their poker game sums up how cool the series is: not afraid to talk about something really serious and have a serious conversation about it, but while still being funny.

Exactly! It's very open in its subject matter, which is great.

I think my favorite episode thus far is the one with the dentist, played by Stephen Root. I was a big fan of his from NewsRadio, so needless to say I already knew the episode was going to be funny. It's probably one the zaniest episode yet.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Sep 20, 2010, 07:34 AM
I was a big fan of his from NewsRadio
classic series. classic.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

Absolutely. It's a damn shame it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. At least the writers at A.V. Club give it credit on a weekly basis.

defskull

I just saw Louie's concert film Hilarious.  It's pretty funny and everyone should definitely check it out. 

alvarezbassist17

I've only seen like an episode and a half, i like his stand-up but i found myself wondering where the joke was in some of the scenes. Especially that story about him in catholic school, like wtf?

chick de la lynch

I just saw the episode you were referring to. That's one his more serious skits, and there are a few of those in the season. If that was the first episode I saw from that show, I'd be WTF?, too. The show doesn't really have a continuous storyline where you have to watch each episode to understand what's going on, but it's still a show you have to see from the beginning just to get a feel for the structure and composition of each episode. The show is simple, yet very complex. There are some funny skits, but there are also ones that aren't really made to make you laugh but to make you think, which is what I really like about Louie. It's a little unexpected from Louis C.K., but nonetheless very good.

panx

i just saw louie perform live, this guy is a comic genius!!

i love his show too, i've been using this site to watch louie online, i just cant get enough! has anyone seen the hbo show he made a few years ago? i heard its good

lithium

Lucky Louie was awesome
💩

Inkblades

The fighting cabbies in the episode where he travels to the south is still cracking me up. If you're from NY you'll understand why that is so delightfully absurd.

chick de la lynch

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/10/louis-getting-an-extended-hiatus/

I wish this news didn't come out so close to Community's season premiere being delayed. A whole year without Louie?! How will I cope? At least it's because Louis C.K wants to work on the show to make it great. I can live with that.

bright lights, big city

Sucks, but hey, more time is fine. I'm sure it'll still be brilliant. Love the idea of trilogies, too.
DERP

lithium

Finally seeing him live this coming Friday!
💩

chick de la lynch

Damn you!! I'm jealous!

He's isn't dropping by SoCal on this tour. Maybe he'll book a show in the area some time in the verrry near future.

Crazylegs

Anyone been watching the new season. I hate how they're putting up two episodes a week. I mean i love it, but it'll be over so fast. Easily my favorite comedy from recent years (or ever for that matter). Unlike most cookie cutter comedy-series out there, you're never quite sure what you'll get, which makes it infinitely much better methinks.

chick de la lynch

I'm kind of peeved the season will be over as soon as it begins, but I'm really glad he took that year off. The show feels fresh and it's just as funny as the first three seasons. And I'm really glad to see Louie is having things go his way for once.

bright lights, big city

Agreed, you gotta love how he gets to make the show exactly how he wants it. Such a unique, funny show. And yes, it kinda sucks having to wait 2 years for this season, just to have it already end within like a month and a half.
DERP