Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones live at Northern Lights Clifton Park, NY 9/21/10

Started by TheQuietDoom46, Sep 26, 2010, 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheQuietDoom46

So this was my first time seeing Deftones. I'm 25 and have been listening to them since I was 15. I had a couple chances in the past to see them but something came up and I could'nt go. All I can say is it was worth the wait. Northern Lights is a small venue but the turnout was really good. A shitty band called Selfish Needy Creatures opened for them with a handful of generic songs, while we all anticipated the arrival of Deftones. Once they hit the stage they opened with Headup which caught me off guard as I thought it would've been Diamond Eyes as the opener, but it got the crowd going quick! I slapped Chino's hand during the beginning which was pretty cool. I was right at the very front of the stage which was awesome! Overall, the show was powerful and very energetic. The crowd was wild, tons of moshing and surfing. Had the time of my life... Here's the setlist and its out of order for sure. Nosebleed, Root, 7 Words, Birthmark, Engine No.9, My Own Summer, Around The Fur, BQAD, Headup, Hexagram, Needles and Pins, Digital Bath, Elite, Korea, Passenger, Hole In The Earth, Diamond Eyes, Royal, You've Seen The Butcher, Prince, Rocket Skates, Sextape.  8) I am still uploading all the videos to my YT account, but heres a link to Elite. Deftones - Elite live 9.21.10

Vesanic

TheQuietDoom46

End half of Royal, Prince, Rocket Skates and the beginning of ATF, 7 Words, Needles and Pins, Sextape, Nosebleed, Digital Bath, HITE, Passenger, some of BQAD, and Hexagram.  ;)

Vesanic

Definitely not as good as the performances from the good old raw self-titled era, but that's a cool performance right there:

Deftones - Hexagram live 9.21.10

TheQuietDoom46

delorean

Could have gone to this show but couldn't leave work early enough for a 3 hour drive. When I saw the set list I did not believe it. Really wish I would have gone to this looks like crazy fun.

TheQuietDoom46

Yeah it was a phenomenal show and setlist for sure. They'll come to this venue again I'm sure.  ;)

delorean

I was at Crock Rock and that was dope too... but very very different
hope if they do it's on a weekend  ;)