Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

True Grit (new Coen Brothers movie)

Started by theis, Sep 28, 2010, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

QuoteFourteen-year-old Mattie Ross’s (Hailee Steinfeld) father has been shot in cold blood by the coward Tom Chaney (Josh Brolin), and she is determined to bring him to justice. Enlisting the help of a trigger-happy, drunken U.S. Marshal, Rooster Cogburn (Jeff Bridges), she sets out with him — over his objections — to hunt down Chaney. Her father’s blood demands that she pursue the criminal into Indian territory and find him before a Texas Ranger named LeBoeuf (Matt Damon) catches him and brings him back to Texas for the murder of another man.

True Grit Teaser Trailer HD - Coens

8) 8) 8)

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

it's about time Jeff Bridges worked with the Coens again.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Something tells me it wont quite be the same performance.

elite54

chick de la lynch

I don't really see how this could go wrong. I can only see it going good.

Inkblades

Second Oscar in a row for Bridges? How badass is it that he has this and a sweet looking sci-fi sequel coming out right next to each other?

Inkblades

bright lights, big city

This and Black Swan are basically the only 2 movies I want to see the rest of the year. Maaaaaybe Due Date, but I don't know.

It would be great to see Bridges win 2 oscars in consecutive years, but they don't usually do that sadly. He's no Meryl Streep :(
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

sing blue silver

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 25, 2010, 02:09 PM
This and Black Swan are basically the only 2 movies I want to see the rest of the year.

this

E-Money

Saw it tonight, its definitely worth seeing.  Wont be seeing it again any time soon tho...

defskull

I actually thought it was pretty meh. But not like a bad meh but a good meh. I've never seen the original True Grit nor read the novel but the movie just seemed like a simple story of revenge.  It definitely had some Coen bros. humor and the part in the cabin with the John Goodman look alike was pretty fucking awesome. I wish finding and killing Josh Brolin was more suspenseful. I know the Coens can do it because No Country was an incredibly tense game of cat and mouse that was fucking awesome.  Oh well.

E-Money

Quote from: defskull on Dec 26, 2010, 06:55 PM
I actually thought it was pretty meh. But not like a bad meh but a good meh. I've never seen the original True Grit nor read the novel but the movie just seemed like a simple story of revenge.  It definitely had some Coen bros. humor and the part in the cabin with the John Goodman look alike was pretty fucking awesome. I wish finding and killing Josh Brolin was more suspenseful. I know the Coens can do it because No Country was an incredibly tense game of cat and mouse that was fucking awesome.  Oh well.

i feel the same way man.   I enjoyed it but it could have been a lot better!

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Brolin is getting lots of roles since 2003.

Hidalgo

true grit was pretty awesome. it's not much different than the original except Bridge's act different than John Wayne. slight edge to the new one. both really godd though