Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Social Network

Started by ben, Oct 10, 2010, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

E-Money

Quote from: ben on Oct 10, 2010, 11:49 PM
Film of the year.

No shit huh? My girl saw it and said it was really good, guess I'll have to check it out.

kittyy

What's it actually about? I get that it's about Facebook and whatnot, but what's the plot/storyline?
RIP No More Sugar<3

ben

It's about Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook.  Although many details are different than the true-life happening, it's about how he founds Facebook and gets accused of stealing the idea/betraying people to the point where he is viewed as a selfish and terrible person.  However, it's more about how things like Facebook have turned socializing into an alienating and anti-social concept. 

Great acting, great scenery, great music, great story.  Depressing but hilarious in parts.  Best dialogue i've heard in a long long time.  Very gripping.

Usually I don't jerk off films this much but I left the theater amazed.

And it's a fucking Fincher film.  Go see it.

kittyy

Quote from: ben on Oct 11, 2010, 02:38 AM
Go see it.

Now I actually might go see it, so thanks for that. The previews told me nothing so I didn't think it'd actually be worth my time or money to go see.
RIP No More Sugar<3

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I wonder if they are going to film a movie about the ketchup bottle creator.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: ben on Oct 11, 2010, 02:38 AM
And it's a fucking Fincher film.
all anyone really needs to know in order to go see it.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i love the take on creep in the trailer. it's beautiful. reznor did the music i hear. very good.

ben

The music in the film is far better than the creep cover. 

derekautomatica

I wonder if they'll made a film based off of who created twitter...or myspace even.

ben

Probably not because there is not a story behind it.  What's with all these stupid remarks?  The film does use facebook to construct a story, it's a story that just happens to have to do with the creation of facebook.  Jesus christ. 

blixa

Quote from: ben on Oct 18, 2010, 11:45 PM
Probably not because there is not a story behind it.  What's with all these stupid remarks?  The film does use facebook to construct a story, it's a story that just happens to have to do with the creation of facebook.  Jesus christ. 

hahaha this just made me crack up.

bright lights, big city

go watch the quality programming on CBS if you want shit based on lame twitter fads. (i.e.: Shit My Dad Says, Awkward Family Photos, Don't Tell Steve, Dear Girls Above Me)
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i'm so glad i don't have foxtel.

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Inkblades

Very good film. Eisenberg was excellent in it. Not quite reaching Seven/Fight Club/Zodiac level to me but it probably ranks right after that.

defskull

I just saw this movie tonight.  It was pretty good.  Honestly i feel like if you put it simply it is about the rise of facebook and the hurdles Mark had to face along the way.  This sounds pretty boring to be honest but David Fincher knows how to make it such an interesting story.  I wasn't bored a second of it despite not really caring that much about how facebook was started.  He made me care.  The soundtrack by Trent and Atticus worked incredibly well.  I feel like they deserve some credit for how good this movie is.  The acting was superb as well.  I thought Jesse Eisenberg did a great job as Zuckerberg and showed that he has an acting range.  This is how you make an uninteresting subject just amazing.

theis

Saw it last night.

Very good. Much better than I would've thought.

8/10.

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 25, 2010, 07:39 AM
Not quite reaching Seven/Fight Club/Zodiac level

Those three are definitely his undisputed masterpieces. I don't think he'll ever reach the greatness of those movies.

bright lights, big city

social network was very good, but compared to his other films, it's probably only in 5th place. the fact that he's so young makes me think he still has an ultimate masterpiece left in him. but damn, seven and fight club were like catching lightning in a bottle.

i've got really high hopes for dragon tattoo, though. it seems like it's right up his alley, and everything about it features fincher's best qualities as a director.
DERP

theis

I'm also looking forward to Dragon Tattoo, but I am somewhat annoyed that a director of his caliber is doing a remake.

I'd love a combo between Seven and Zodiac. Take the realism/real case scenario from Zodiac and add the nasty grittiness from Seven.