Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

the x-files

Started by blixa, Oct 20, 2010, 04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

i used to watch this when i was in primary school and once i got into trouble and my dad said that he wasn't going to let me watch the x-files so i sat in my room and cried. i had a david duchovny tv hits calender. oh, the 90's!

i've been rewatching them whilst trying to finish up my last year in uni. i'm up to season 5. i'm semi-obsessed. i had forgotten what an amazing show it is. i also never noticed how sexy skinner was. this is why a revisit is always a good idea.

any fans?

bright lights, big city

Fuck yeah I'm a fan. Had some great childhood memories watching this with my cousin at our grandfather's apartment, and getting scared shitless. The episodes that actually advance the overall alien storyline are obviously great, but personal favorites include the Flukeman

and the cocoon one in the woods of the Pacific Northwest

I rediscovered it just like you when I lived with a couple friends in an apartment at college. The Sci-Fi Channel would air random marathons of it in the middle of the night. Ahh the good old days, staying up all night watching X-files, smoking, eating pistachio pudding. haha.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Hell, even the last couple seasons with Robert Patrick were still really entertaining.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

hahaha great times, hey? i mainly sit up until really late watching. you know what i love? mulder's comebacks. so funny. and how he will say really inappropriate things at the wrong time.

AND THE SEXUAL TENSION BETWEEN MULDER AND SCULLY! HOT!!!

i'm not up to those episodes where doggett replaces mulder. i will be soon. i didn't start rewatching until last year. my mate lent me all the dvds. an amazing show.

one question: do you believe in aliens?

lostpilot

yes, I was always a fan.

And yes, one of the most memorable episodes are - a) the cocoon one; b) the mountain station one (where Mulder is stuck in this transmission station and teh ufo guys pay him a visit.

I had most of the series in my laptop, then it got deleted, and now I WISH I had  them.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
And yes, one of the most memorable episodes are - a) the cocoon one; b) the mountain station one (where Mulder is stuck in this transmission station and teh ufo guys pay him a visit.
was that the one with the guys with their eyes sewn shut? i remember something like that on some mountain with Alex Krychek (that guy was awesome)

Quote from: blixa on Oct 20, 2010, 04:53 AM
one question: do you believe in aliens?
fuck yeah i do.

another great one i remembered... the vampires with sheriff Luke Wilson
DERP

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 20, 2010, 08:03 PM
was that the one with the guys with their eyes sewn shut? i remember something like that on some mountain with Alex Krychek (that guy was awesome)

I don't remember really. I just remember this part where it's a mountainous (not snowy) place, a small station whatever, Mulder blocks the door with a cupboard or something and the ALIANZ still come in.

And yes, I do kinda believe in aliens. Well, point is - I will never say that "believing in extra-terrestrial life is nonsense", but the universe still did not provide me much proof.

By the way, kids, did you hear about the chinese village that disappeared overnight?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 20, 2010, 08:07 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 20, 2010, 08:03 PM

I don't remember really. I just remember this part where it's a mountainous (not snowy) place, a small station whatever, Mulder blocks the door with a cupboard or something and the ALIANZ still come in.

And yes, I do kinda believe in aliens. Well, point is - I will never say that "believing in extra-terrestrial life is nonsense", but the universe still did not provide me much proof.

By the way, kids, did you hear about the chinese village that disappeared overnight?

Weird shit, dude. Just looked it up after you mentioned it.

lostpilot

Yeah. well, the video provided is fake - I found that out (it's a 4 month old video from Beijing - youtube something like "UFO landing in Beijing" and it appears right there), but the fact that a village just disappeared - military is active there, and there is a nuclear thing there.. kinda scary.

bright lights, big city

wtf?!? so was it nuclear and a subsequent cover-up or what?
DERP

lostpilot

I have no idea. you have to read some articles etc to get your own opinion, cause mine is kinda fucked

bright lights, big city

when i googled the subject, the top hit was for naturalplane.blogspot and it's actually a pretty interesting site. you can never know how much information is legitimate, but i've been reading random articles on it for about an hour now, lol.

with the china subject, though, i'm smelling a hoax. also the video is from a completely unrelated event from 2009.
DERP

blixa

looks like mulder needs to get on the case!

i finished watching the doll episode in season five. it freaked me out. i fucking hate dolls. they're creepy as all hell. i'm dreading season seven because no mulder :/ i was also thinking what a good influence scully is as a female character. she's really great. i've never related so much to a female character. maybe not as smart though hahaha.

i believe in aliens too. i don't think they look like what everyone thinks they look like.

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 20, 2010, 10:21 PM
I have no idea. you have to read some articles etc to get your own opinion, cause mine is kinda fucked

you're in good company because i think the three of us al have fucked up opinions.

bright lights, big city

have you tried watching V? it's 2nd season starts in january, and it's not necessarily like the x-files, but it does have aliens. an interesting idea that if lizard-like aliens have lived amongst us for hundreds of years.

and i'm sure Darius probably agrees that a truer "successor" to the x-files is the awesome show Fringe.
DERP

your sister gets me hard

My roommates and I rewatched the entire series in college.  We weren't to big on going to class.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: your sister gets me hard on Oct 21, 2010, 01:57 AM
My roommates and I rewatched the entire series in college.  We weren't to big on going to class.
hahaha sounds like my experience as well.
DERP

lostpilot

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 21, 2010, 01:51 AM
have you tried watching V? it's 2nd season starts in january, and it's not necessarily like the x-files, but it does have aliens. an interesting idea that if lizard-like aliens have lived amongst us for hundreds of years.

and i'm sure Darius probably agrees that a truer "successor" to the x-files is the awesome show Fringe.

V is.. OKAY. not TOO good, but it's watchable.
and yes.
FRINGE IS FUCKING AWESOME.
especially the newest season. if the show was REALLY good before, now it's just flawless..

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 21, 2010, 01:51 AM

i really dislike v. it was never interesting to me.

fringe was being shown for a bit on channel nine but i think they took it off. i remember watching the first episode. anna torv is aussie. that's all i know of it. i ought to check it out soon though although i think i need to start watching the wire dvd's my sister bought for me after i finish with the x-files.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Oct 22, 2010, 03:32 AM
i think i need to start watching the wire dvd's my sister bought for me after i finish with the x-files.
holy shit enjoy! definitely not sci-fi haha, but still, the wire is my favorite show of ALL TIME.
DERP

blixa

i love idris elba. he's in this british crime show called luther. brilliant actor.

i've had the dvd's for a while. haven't started watching yet. i've seen a bit of season three though but i was lost as to who was who and what was essentially happening.