Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

the x-files

Started by blixa, Oct 20, 2010, 04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

whoa whoa, i seriously just caught the premiere episode of Luther a couple days ago haha. i'm a fan of his mainly because of his work on The Wire, but Luther seems alright as a show to keep my out for when i have some free time.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i'm a complete slut for british drama. the bill ended, which makes me very sad. british crime shows just make death, gangs, corruption etc seem so much better with that accent.

it's sort of my parents fault. they used to leave me in front of mr bean videos for shitloads of hours when i was young. i grew attached to anything british. mr bean...legit brilliance.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Oct 24, 2010, 09:28 AM
i'm a complete slut for british drama. the bill ended, which makes me very sad. british crime shows just make death, gangs, corruption etc seem so much better with that accent.

it's sort of my parents fault. they used to leave me in front of mr bean videos for shitloads of hours when i was young. i grew attached to anything british. mr bean...legit brilliance.
mine did the same thing. my old man and I watched a lot of bean and fawlty towers when i was young. those were classics. one show i'm into now is Wallander, which i got into because it's a dark, Swedish detective series that an uncle of mine recommended because it's kind of in the same vein as the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i want to read those books.

have you seen 'the killing'? it's a dutch drama. my lecturer is a big fan of it. it was on half an hour before lost started so i always watched the first half hour when i could and then watched lost. i love it's filmed. it's my type of aesthetic. i find most dutch shows have an aesthetic i tend to always love.

bright lights, big city

never heard of it, but i searched it and came up with a danish tv series that is being re-made for the u.s. is it by any chance, this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_%28TV_series%29

sounds like my cup of tea. just like the girl/dragon tattoo series, which i strongly recommend. i actually recently saw the first movie of the Swedish-language trilogy, it was still very good, even after reading the books (normally i dislike the movies based on books i enjoy). the 2nd film just came out on dvd, and the 3rd is in theaters this week i believe. interesting fact, if you haven't heard those movies are being redone in English by Fincher, so we have that to look forward to.
DERP

blixa

what's with american's and remaking everything?!?

it's just very frustrating. it feeds into most people's presumption that americans don't like anything that isn't american.

bright lights, big city

haha, hey i know. we are definitely ignorant and elitist when it comes to other cultures, especially films. i normally hate remakes just as much as you, but lately i'm realizing the only way some people are ever going to see some of these movies is if their language is in English. sad, i know, but whatever, we're morons.

maybe if the rest of the world would start using expensive, fancy gimmicks like 3-D, maybe more people will see them...

AMURRRICA! FUCK YEAH!
DERP

blixa

yeah, i agree, but there's something inherently wrong in the fact that our society feeds people's ignorance. i watched let me in, which was ok, but they completely overlooked the essential plot of the film that is eli's androgyny and her sexuality. they didn't even address the key scene in the original film. it was just...uncomfortably safe. that's how i feel about most american remakes. i'm not being a hater. there are some amazing american writers and directors. sometimes there are things that don't translate well into the english language and the original story line gets compromised so that it would fit into another thing.

i'm big on subtitles. heck, i even put on the subtitles when i'm watching english films.

blixa

fuck, now i feel like watching let the right one in. i should go to bed.

bright lights, big city

totally planning on watching the ORIGINAL tomorrow night as part of our annual halloween movie marathon.
DERP

blixa

it's my favourite vampire film.

eli is what my daughter is going to look like if i ever have kids.

bright lights, big city

ha, i just saw this now (only about a week later, not bad). a pale, androgynous daughter? interesting.
DERP

blixa

are you interested in providing the sperm? artificial insemination of course because i'm not going to let an american touch me hahaha.

david duchovny said that there's a third x-files movie in the talks and that he and gillian are in. omg, happiness!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Nov 10, 2010, 01:40 PM
are you interested in providing the sperm? artificial insemination of course because i'm not going to let an american touch me hahaha.

david duchovny said that there's a third x-files movie in the talks and that he and gillian are in. omg, happiness!
well, iIm half greek so i'm not that pale. but then again my dad is norwegian and danish, so who knows maybe some offspring can get some awesome Scandinavian paleness. but why do you have to be so prejudicial against Americans?

oh, and about the x-files that sounds great. it'll never happen, but how cool would it be if the Lone Gunmen were a part of one of their movies?
DERP

blixa

i was j-o-k-i-n-g. when i was in america it was only black guys who showed any interest in me. plus i wanted to jump every jewish guy in skokie. babes, the lot of them.

or krycek. or both the lone gunmen and krycek. i only started liking krycek in season six. he was such an arsehole before that. so sexy when he spoke in russian though.

bright lights, big city

yeah krycek is badass. wait, skokie? you were in fucking skokie?
DERP

blixa

yes, in 2007. my aunt lives in skokie. there's good indian restaurants in chicago. i loved it there. all the colour:

bright lights, big city

i like how the bench says "no frat boy clone wear here". THAT'S a lie.
DERP

blixa

i spent hours driving around with my cousin trying to buy grog. no one would sell it to me because i wasn't 21 at the time. arseholes.