Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

It's official; the sequel to The Dark Knight will be called THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and the villain won't be The Riddler.

QuoteChristopher Nolan's third Batman film will be called "The Dark Knight Rises" and though the Gotham City auteur isn't ready to reveal the villain of his 2012 film, he did eliminate one of the big contenders: "It won't be the Riddler," Nolan said in an exclusive interview with the Hero Complex.

Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had  agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology

"We'll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we'll be introducing some new ones," Nolan said cryptically.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

No Riddler, no 3D, filmed in IMAX = HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: theis on Oct 27, 2010, 06:42 PM
It's official; the sequel to The Dark Knight will be called THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and the villain won't be The Riddler.

QuoteChristopher Nolan's third Batman film will be called "The Dark Knight Rises" and though the Gotham City auteur isn't ready to reveal the villain of his 2012 film, he did eliminate one of the big contenders: "It won't be the Riddler," Nolan said in an exclusive interview with the Hero Complex.

Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had  agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology

"We'll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we'll be introducing some new ones," Nolan said cryptically.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

No Riddler, no 3D, filmed in IMAX = HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!

I had heard that Nolan originally declined. This just made my day.  Nice sig btw.

sing blue silver

i've never been so excited about a film.

ToneDef

defskull

Aren't you guys fapping a little early for this? It's 2010 and the movie comes out in 2012. 

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Oct 27, 2010, 11:26 PM
Aren't you guys fapping a little early for this? It's 2010 and the movie comes out in 2012. 
stfu and gtfo if you don't know why we're circle jerking here.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Never too early to fap about an upcoming Nolan/Batman flick. ;)

your sister gets me hard

I heard magneto gets his powers back in this next batman movie.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I cant wait this to start filming and me checking up the IMDB forums, looking for rumours and things like that.

bright lights, big city

i'm already half-aroused just anticipating the anticipation of rumors.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

soo excited! I still remember going around the streets they were filming DK in 07. Can't wait for next summer in Chicago :D

Rocket Skates '94

kurtone

so whos everyones bet on the villain now that the riddler is out?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Sushi-X on Oct 28, 2010, 05:22 AM
soo excited! I still remember going around the streets they were filming DK in 07. Can't wait for next summer in Chicago :D
haha my friends and I have this routine that whenever we go by LaSalle Street

someone always has to say, "Hey you know what happened right here? ...BATMAN!"

Quote from: kurtone on Oct 28, 2010, 06:22 AM
i'm hoping for some Bane or Harley Quinn action. but i've read a rumor of Hugo Strange.
DERP

chick de la lynch

I love Christopher Nolan just as much as the next person, but does anyone else have a problem with the title? I feel like he's pretty much calling it The Dark Knight 2. I'm not familiar with all the Batman comic book titles, so he might have just borrowed the title from one of the comics.

Sushi-X

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 28, 2010, 07:04 AM
Quote from: Sushi-X on Oct 28, 2010, 05:22 AM
haha my friends and I have this routine that whenever we go by LaSalle Street

someone always has to say, "Hey you know what happened right here? ...BATMAN!"

Quote from: kurtone on Oct 28, 2010, 06:22 AM
i'm hoping for some Bane or Harley Quinn action. but i've read a rumor of Hugo Strange.

hahaha nice!
Quote from: chick de la lynch on Oct 28, 2010, 07:59 AM
I love Christopher Nolan just as much as the next person, but does anyone else have a problem with the title? I feel like he's pretty much calling it The Dark Knight 2. I'm not familiar with all the Batman comic book titles, so he might have just borrowed the title from one of the comics.

I think the title fits well within the narrative. I mean in the final scene Batman is a fugitive, so this could be the sort of how Gotham city finally accepts him as their true hero. Besides, Batman Begins
is not a strong or great title, but in the end what matter most was the movie itself.

Rocket Skates '94

chick de la lynch

The title is always an important factor, about as important as the actual film itself. There would be no point in giving titles to anything if it didn't matter. The title needs to pop, and this title kind of sinks. I understand that he's a fugitive from where we last left off, but you don't want people to confuse "The Dark Knight" with "The Dark Knight Rises". Christopher Nolan's films have always had simple, but good titles. "The Dark Knight Rises" just feels a little lazy, which worries me. I just hope Nolan isn't getting too comfortable coming out with two box office blockbusters back to back.

sing blue silver

yeah i think the title actually is pretty weak but i know once i see the movie it'll probably feel a bit better.

Sushi-X

Eh the way i see it as long as the movie itself is great or good the title is of little importance.

Rocket Skates '94

beaverwithfishyshoes

i just hope there's some hamburgers in this one.. what wrong with a few tasty burgers every now and then huh. fuckin nolan.

blixa

i heard tom hardy is in this. i'm now officially excited.