Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 04, 2011, 11:23 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 04, 2011, 07:10 PM
This just keeps getting better. Could this be the batman film I've waited so long for? Mostly I've waited for a good one with bane and now the cast looks fantastic (with the exception of Anne Hathaway).
do you at least think that she is a step up from Holmes and Gyllenhaal?

i think she's a step up from holmes, but not gyllenhall. i mean maggie gyllenhaal isn't that great but she fit the character perfectly. it's not even an argument of acting ability, i just think it's a problem of hathaway being completely miscast. i'll give it a shot since i respect nolans choices and even if i don't agree with them at first, i almost always am proven wrong once i see the film but anne hathaway as selina kyle / catwoman? it just seems completely blasphemous to me as a batman fan. she's WAY too girl next door, and i feel the scenes where the character is particularly conniving (as catwoman is) will come off as either way overacted and hammy (as she was in alice in wonderland) or underacted and underwhelming. i really want to be proven wrong here but i just can't see it.

one weak

blixa

i have a feeling hathaway will do a good job. there must have been a reason nolan picked her and i'm going to trust his instincts. i'm not a big fan of hathaway myself, but this could work. people can't imagine it, but it doesn't mean that it cannot happen.

let's not think about it. let's just wait.

bright lights, big city

i think she'll be the best female lead out of the trilogy.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

OMG OMG a second female lead might've been cast! Supposedly as Talia Al Ghul!

Set penises to harden...
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/marion-cotillard-discussions-join-dark-99242
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

This is gonna be so fucking awesome.

Hoping for a 3 hour epic.

sing blue silver

Quote from: theis on Feb 14, 2011, 09:34 PM
This is gonna be so fucking awesome.

Hoping for a 3 hour epic.

this

bright lights, big city

wishful thinking, but how about an R-rated, 3 hour epic?

\wants an excuse to see Marion Cotillard's rack in the Batman universe.
DERP

sing blue silver

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 14, 2011, 10:46 PM
wishful thinking, but how about an R-rated, 3 hour epic?

\wants an excuse to see Marion Cotillard's rack in the Batman universe.

sadly we'll never see an r-rated batman. warner bros. would never go for that.

Sushi-X

An R-Rated rendition of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Now that would be fucking epic.

Rocket Skates '94

sing blue silver

Quote from: Sushi-X on Feb 20, 2011, 09:48 PM
An R-Rated rendition of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Now that would be fucking epic.

zack snyder once expressed interest in doing exactly that i believe. would be interesting to see but he's also said it'll never happen.

blixa

i was watching the dark knight a few ago. i didn't realise how incredible ledger was in that movie.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

a good source near the Batcamp and have come away with information about The Dark Knight Rises that confirms lots of speculation from recent months.

Here goes nothing:

As she herself confirmed, Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman in the movie. I can't tell you what role she has in the beginning, but by the end of the story Catwoman isn't a villain but rather an ally of Batman. And who are they teaming up to take out?

The League of Shadows.

Headed by Talia Al'Ghul. With Bane, who is her muscle/possible love interest. And with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in tow. Is he playing Black Mask? My source didn't know, but did know that Levitt is certainly an antagonist and involved with the League of Shadows."

Sushi-X

3 antagonists? ugh. This is giving me the Spider-Man 3 bad vibe feeling.

Rocket Skates '94

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Since Joseph Gordon-Levitt's name was linked to The Dark Knight Rises, there has been a ton of speculation surrounding which character he'll play.

It has finally been announced by Variety (via WorstPreviews) that Inception actor J G-L has been cast as Alberto Falcone in Christopher Nolan's feverishly-anticipated trilogy closer.

Alberto is the son of mob boss Carmine Falcone, played by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins.

Gary Oldman has previously mentioned in a interview that Rises will round off Nolan's Bat-story, and bring it all back to Begins, and this character announcement certainly seems to validate those claims.

Nolan will undoubtedly keep the plot details tightly under wraps until the film is released, but Alberto had an interesting role to play in Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale's The Long Halloween (spoilers for that comic follow...)

In that storyline, Alberto was revealed to be the Holiday Killer, a murderer who had been taking various people out on significant holidays throughout the year.

It's hard to guess whether this is something Nolan plans to bring into the film, but it seems more plausible that Alberto will be used as a vengeful son figure, considering how Carmine ended up in Batman Begins.

It'll also be a neat link back to the death of Bruce Wayne's parents, and Carmine's involvement with that incident.

Hopefully this announcement should also diminish the persistent, irksome rumour that Robin will be appearing in this installment...

This news has done little to quell our excitement for The Dark Knight Rises, which is due for release on 20 July 2012.

Read more: Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Dark Knight Rises character revealed | TotalFilm.com

Sushi-X

After watching Marion Courtilard in Inception, I think she's better suited to play Batman/Bruce's love interest Catwoman/Selina. She has the looks and the acting chops.

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

good god does she have the looks
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Well, in spite of word that Christopher Nolan's 'The Dark Knight Rises' would see Alberto Falcone make an appearance it seems the role that was expected to go to Joseph Gordon-Levitt ('Inception', '500 Days of Summer') ain't happening at all - at least according to EW. The site is claiming that Variety's original report is "100% false" and so therefore we are still shrouded in darkness by just which part Levitt will be embodying. Does this mean The Riddler is back in play? Time will tell. One thing we do know is that it won't be in 3D (yay!) and will star Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, Tom Hardy as Batman back breaker Bane and will see Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman and Christian Bale all return to their former roles

Sushi-X

So Pittsburgh was announced as the filming location. FUCK YOU PITTSBURGH! (grumble grumble)

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

at least Chicago still has Transformers 3...
DERP