Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

Of course. I hate Michael Bay. Plus, didn't someone die the last time he filmed here?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 08, 2011, 05:50 PM
Of course. I hate Michael Bay. Plus, didn't someone die the last time he filmed here?

No  I think just badly injured. Blaah all my stupid Transfomers fanboy friends are gonna be psyched this summer

btw thats a beautiful sig dude :)

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

haha thanks man, you catch last night's game? beautiful.

but shit I have a few friends that are big time Transformers fans too who are looking forward to the movie. Just gross.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

It is said that after this last movie,a reboot will be make and Nolan would be the producer so I think we are gonna enjoy this last one and then get ready for a reboot.
Hopefully Uwe Boll wont do the remake LOL Can you imagine that guys? LMAO

bright lights, big city

I've heard rumblings of the same thing, but supposedly what WB wants to do is rip off Marvel and do a Justice League movie. I really don't think they would reboot this that fast, I just they'll incorporate Batman into other DC projects. I mean Nolan is already a producer for the new Superman movie, so the fact that he could be attached isn't farfetched.
DERP

sing blue silver

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are arguably Hollywood's most high- profile business partners, having shared in the spoils of such blockbusters as "300" and "The Hangover" and the pain of flops like "Jonah Hex" and "Sucker Punch" over the last six years.

But their long-term partnership has come into question as the companies have for the last few months been discussing the possibility of extending their co-financing and production deal, which expires in 2013. That's in part because they have also been in heated negotiations over working together on one of the industry's most highly anticipated movies, next summer's Batman sequel "The Dark Knight Rises," according to knowledgeable people who declined to be identified because the talks are confidential.

While Legendary was a 50/50 partner on 2008's "The Dark Knight," which grossed more than $1 billion worldwide and sold 16 million DVDs, the film financing and production company has for months been trying to secure a similar ownership stake in the sequel. The film, which like the last two Batman pictures will be directed by Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, is expected to cost at least $250 million to produce.

Warner Bros. recently installed movie chief Jeff Robinov has been resistant to again share half the profits, people close to the talks said. A major reason for his reluctance is the studio's impending loss of its most lucrative wholly owned movie franchise, "Harry Potter," which ends its run this summer. Robinov is counting on DC Comics superheroes to fill the void left by the boy wizard.

Robinov and Legendary Chairman Thomas Tull recently agreed to collaborate on "Dark Knight Rises," but are still discussing the terms of their financial arrangement -- most notably whether Legendary will get a smaller-than-50% stake this go-around.

"Legendary has been a great partner and we look forward to working with them on 'The Dark Knight Rises,'" Robinov said.

Tull declined to be interviewed for this story. Some who know the two said Tull and Robinov do not enjoy the same close relationship that the Legendary founder did with former Warner Bros. President Alan Horn, who left his post as the studio's top film executive in March. However, Robinov insists the two have a good relationship.

The negotiations have butted up against this month's start of production of "Dark Knight Rises," whereas the two companies usually begin working together earlier in the development process.

Beyond the financial benefits, owning a piece of "Dark Knight Rises" is important to Tull because he has in large part shaped his and his company's public image around "fanboy" films like "Batman Begins," "Watchmen" and the surprise hit "300."

As discussions over extending their overall partnership continue, Warner and Legendary are working on a number of upcoming projects, including "Superman: The Man of Steel" and sequels to "The Hangover" and "Clash of the Titans,"

If Legendary had been shut out of the caped crusader's latest swing on the big screen, it would have undoubtedly put a dent in their relationship.

Since Legendary signed on in 2005 as one of Warner's two primary financing partners (along with Village Roadshow Pictures), the company has evolved into a much more powerful force within Hollywood. Over the last year, Tull has bought out Legendary's original investors, giving him more control over strategic decisions, and is in the process of raising a new $700-million credit facility with lead bank JPMorgan Chase & Co. that would run until 2016 -- three years after the current Warner deal expires.

Legendary recently launched television and comic book production divisions and is investing in developing more of its own film projects, including director Guillermo del Toro's planned science fiction event film "Pacific Rim."

The moves make Legendary a potentially more valuable partner in an age in which studios want to mitigate their risk as they make an ever-increasing number of big-event pictures that typically cost more than $350 million to make, market and distribute around the globe.

"Having reliable financing partners you can consistently call on is critical for anyone running a studio and putting together a slate of films these days," said producer Brad Weston, a former president of production at Paramount Pictures.

Sushi-X

Shit. That definitely does not sound good. I hope they can come to an agreement and NOT fuck up this movie or Superman. (which I'm actually excited about even though I generally don't care much for Supes)

Rocket Skates '94

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

theis

kurtone

this is going to be amazing, my fanboyism is set to high already

sing blue silver

uh oh... for me i kinda feel it's luchador mask or bust. i guess if you're gonna bring the realism to it that's fine but as a huge bane fan the luchador mask is just iconic to me. either way i have complete faith in mr. nolan and eagerly await seeing this film.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Hopefully in an attempt to fill even more seats at the theaters next week to finish off the Harry Potter series with a bang. It seems that Warner Brothers is poised to deliver a treat with the unveiling of a teaser trailer for The Dark Knight Rises, a week before Comic-Con too.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

bright lights, big city

that quality truly is terrible. but that poster... wow, I adore it.
DERP

kurtone

i think that teaser is fake, i read its supposed to be 1:26 in length.

RoyalDeftonicBoy