Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Wouldn't be surprised since he casts the same actors for most of his movies, but nonetheless he fucking better be in it. Also awesome would be if Gordon-Levitt had some sort of role. Just re-watched The Lookout, damn what an awesome actor.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Don't ask me why but I don't want JGL in the new batman.  I love him just as much as the next guy but I don't see him in the Batman universe. Although I said the same thing about Heath Ledger....

kurtone

I was betting on JGL being the Riddler, or maybe taking over the Joker role before Nolan finally discussed the film

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Oct 29, 2010, 03:21 AM
The title is always an important factor, about as important as the actual film itself.

??

Corleone

When is the cast being announced, I heard something about Robin Williams as the riddler.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Corleone on Nov 07, 2010, 03:41 PM
When is the cast being announced, I heard something about Robin Williams as the riddler.
\

well it's already been confirmed that there will be no riddler. that is just a very old and very stupid rumour. the only cast we really know for sure is christian bale, morgan freeman, micheal cain, gary oldman and i guess it's been announced that tom hardy will be playing some sort of role. all we know about villians for sure is that it's most certainly not the riddler (which i really didn't want to see, the riddler is an over-rated villian who really is just a big pussy in the comics as far as i'm concerned. he got blown out of proportion as a major villian sometime in the 90's). i'm really hoping for hush or clayface and i'd like to see black mask play a minor villian role in the movie. i guess we'll just have to wait and see. but please, for the love of god, no catwoman or robin in this movie. jesus fucking christ i hate catwoman and she's never adapted well to the big screen. i love batman returns but FUCK CATWOMAN!!!

lithium

Hush and clayface would suck. I'd like to see deadshot as the villain. Or dr Hugo strange.
💩

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

Quote from: lithium on Nov 07, 2010, 07:22 PM
Hush and clayface would suck. I'd like to see deadshot as the villain. Or dr Hugo strange.

i like deadshot but he's just such a straight forward villian that it'd be a letdown after the last movie. hush poses a threat to batmans identity as bruce wayne and clayface is just such a tragic character that i think he'd work really well in the chris nolan batman universe. all deadshot would bring is your cliche "i'm a bad guy now let's fight for a while until i inevitably lose" scenario. there's no drama to it. hugo strange would be okay but i think it'd come off as kind of corny to throw a mad scientist kind of a character into the mix with how this series has developed so far(scarecrow doesn't count). it's a little too marvel-esque for me. i want to see someone that will invoke batmans struggle with his internal demons and i think hush would be a perfect fit for that. i think that has been a strong point of the series so far and chris nolan has said on multiple occasions that hush is one of his favorite villians. what i'd really like to see is bane done right in total knightfall style but the title would suggest i'm not going to see batman get his back broken any time soon. batman has so many amazing villians i'm sure i'll enjoy it either way as long as it's not fucking catwoman!

lithium

Yeah dude bane would be fucking awesome.
Another one would be maxie Zeus since Nolan likes to keep it all plausible, maxie Would be a perfect fit.
I can see why people would hate on robin, but if done right his story would be an awesome addition.
💩

sing blue silver

Quote from: lithium on Nov 07, 2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah dude bane would be fucking awesome.
Another one would be maxie Zeus since Nolan likes to keep it all plausible, maxie Would be a perfect fit.
I can see why people would hate on robin, but if done right his story would be an awesome addition.

i also think robin could be done well, we've just never seen it before. dick's story is a fairly interesting one and with age the character actually became pretty badass. i'd like to keep him out of these films however. they have enough going on in these movies and i feel like adding robin at this point would take away from the story and would be a little too much going on. it would be nice to see someone with competent acting abilities who doesn't just make him look like a whiny puss take on the role (fuck you chris o'donnel) but now doesn't feel like the right time to me.
now for maxie zeus that would be a pretty neat one to see. the guy is just fucking crazy pretty much so i can see how he would fit into the dark yet realistic approach nolan has been taking. i can't really see him as a main villain and i think the general movie going public would feel somewhat alienated by it but as a supporting villain i would be pretty happy to see that. killer croc is one i would love to see but, again, it doesn't seem to fit with the approach he's been taking. i'd also be all for introducing rupert thorne but the crime lord thing has been kind of done to death already in this series. i guess we'll just wait and see but i'm having fun speculating for now.

blixa

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Nov 07, 2010, 01:13 AM
Quote from: chick de la lynch on Oct 29, 2010, 03:21 AM
The title is always an important factor, about as important as the actual film itself.

??

most of the time the title is indicative of what you will get. i think with a franchise like batman you will need something really clever, especially with nolan's work. i'm speaking for myself here but he completely reinvented the way i see batman.

bright lights, big city

exactly, you know what you get. examples: Killer Klowns from Outer Space, you get clowns from outer space that kill people; The Happening, stuff happens, you don't know what, but it's shitty.

i don't know where i'm going with this.
DERP

wither-I

god christian bale is going to ruin every scene he is in, and possibly the whole thing.

the title sucks.

nloan is overrated.

am i this negative?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Sushi-X

Quote from: wither-I on Nov 08, 2010, 04:06 PM
god christian bale is going to ruin every scene he is in, and possibly the whole thing.

the title sucks.

nloan is overrated.

am i this negative?

super negative

Rocket Skates '94

wither-I

wither-I

one thing can ruin a film, and christian bale ruined the dark knight. that voice.

Sushi-X

That voice alone ruined the entire movie for you?

Rocket Skates '94

theis

Quote from: wither-I on Nov 08, 2010, 05:09 PM
that voice.

I have no problem with the Batman voice since it serves a purpose, but seriously, it ruined the whole movie for you? That's fucking retarded.

Also, Christian Bale is a brilliant actor; American Psycho, The Machinist, Rescue Dawn, The Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, etc. And his upcoming role in The Fighter looks Oscar worthy.

Sushi-X

Focusing on one single tiny aspect like that is being blind and deaf to all the other great things about TDK. The acting, music,  the memorable scenes!

Rocket Skates '94