Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Apparently we're risking our lives to see this movie. I just woke up and saw 50 people were shot in Colorado during a screening.

But yeah my plan is to see this tonight. A buddy of mine saw it and immediately jumped to the conclusion that this was the best trilogy ever. Anybody agree? I can see that, seeing as the first 2 are a couple of my personal favorites.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Yes, this is my favorite movie trilogy.

I can't think of another trilogy where all three movies are masterpieces.

one weak

That shooting is like 45 minutes from me. I'm curious to see how this affects opening weekend tix sales in the US. Looking forward to the movie.

jbmp1390

Quote from: one weak on Jul 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
That shooting is like 45 minutes from me. I'm curious to see how this affects opening weekend tix sales in the US. Looking forward to the movie.

You live in Colorado too? I just woke up and saw this on 9news. Apparently it happened in Aurora and not only was the guy heavily armed but his apartment was booby trapped as well. This is awful. 12 people dead. And apparently this guy planned it long in advance too. I don't know what it is about Aurora but it just seems like bad shit happens there like everyday. I still want to see the movie but I'm sure you're right that this will definitely affect ticket sales, at least somewhat. I feel so awful for those people who were there. Must have been like fucking Columbine all over again.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

sing blue silver

It'll probably fuck opening weekend sales. And yes I saw it in IMAX. Going to see it again probably every night this weekend. It's a masterpiece. Fuck that guy shooting up a theatre and spoiling what should be an amazing weekend.

BillyNo.9

Fucking retarded Joker fanboys. Also who the fuck takes a 3 month old baby to a midnight screening of an action movie? I'm tempted to just stream it because I'm broke til next week but I know that will be a bit of a buzzkill.

Jerry_Curls

Catwoman was more awesome than I thought she would be.

Bane's eyebrows should win an award.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Sadly the tragic event will fucked up the merchandising because all the promos and ads have been taken down from national TV.
I will gladly go see it on Sunday with my GF,not IMAX which blows :/

bebo

I wasnt that impressed with this one. Lots of forced scenes and plot twists. Oh well, still not a bad movie by any means.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
Catwoman was more awesome than I thought she would be.

Bane's eyebrows should win an award.
Agreed, Bane was absolutely amazing and Anne Hathaway definitely exceeded my expectations.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

jbmp1390

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I just want everyone to know. James Holmes shot over 70 people and killed 12. 8 of his victims are still in critical condition. I don't know what to say other than that this guy is the lowest of pieces of shit. He is still alive and not cooperating with police. I hope he gets a just punishment, but I know that he won't. I don't know how to feel other than angry. I just can't understand how anyone can do something like this. I just wish we could put this guy down. I don't think that's really an answer. I just can't explain how I feel in a better way. I just want this guy gone. I just don't understand how people can do things like this. I'm sad for my state, for the victims, for the human race, even for the shooter in a way. I still just wish we could put one in this guy's head and put an end to this in a way. All I can really say, is that I have a great amount of sympathy for the victims, and a great amount of anger for the shooter and his family. I'm happy for all of you in other states that didn't have to directly experience. I wish everyone on this board nothing but love and peace.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

alvarezbassist17

I agree, we should just bury the douchebag alive.  I can't imagine what the families must feel knowing he's still breathing.

I thought Bane was like listening to Sean Connery through a Darth Vader mask and kind of unintelligible at some points, but as always all of the acting was absolutely spectacular and Anne Hathaway made me boner multiple times.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

" I will tell you my plan and then I will break you "

EPIC LINE AND CHARACTER!
This movie was 10/10! Hardy owned as Bane.Nolan made him look intelligent and tough at the same time!Unlike the awful Batman & Robin from the 90s LOL
Catwoman really surprised me and Hathaway was as great as Pfeiffer from Batman Returns in 1992 :) Great twist near the end :D Excellent way to finish the trilogy.
Sorry if Im being way too much of a fanboy :P

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 22, 2012, 04:58 AM
I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I just want everyone to know. James Holmes shot over 70 people and killed 12. 8 of his victims are still in critical condition. I don't know what to say other than that this guy is the lowest of pieces of shit. He is still alive and not cooperating with police. I hope he gets a just punishment, but I know that he won't. I don't know how to feel other than angry. I just can't understand how anyone can do something like this. I just wish we could put this guy down. I don't think that's really an answer. I just can't explain how I feel in a better way. I just want this guy gone. I just don't understand how people can do things like this. I'm sad for my state, for the victims, for the human race, even for the shooter in a way. I still just wish we could put one in this guy's head and put an end to this in a way. All I can really say, is that I have a great amount of sympathy for the victims, and a great amount of anger for the shooter and his family. I'm happy for all of you in other states that didn't have to directly experience. I wish everyone on this board nothing but love and peace.

Most likely an MK Ultra case. Where did he get his guns from? Riot gear? Working at McDonalds? and how could one person shoot 82 people? Oh I know, he wasn't alone. This wasn't an act of some "lone gunman"...this was planned. We will never hear a true investigation on ballistics, his true background, why he just caved in to the cops, etc etc. The event happened, now the MSM has begun their psych warfare. HES A TEABAGGER! Oh now HE A DEMOCRAT! oh and now he's part of OCCUPY! Trust me, no true investigation will happen. These acts have happened before [Last year with Loughner in Arizona] PROBLEM-REACTION-SOLUTION

Just another way for our govt into scaring the people into thinking that guns are bad. Imagine if someone was carrying a gun in the theatre? This could have been avoided.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 23, 2012, 09:05 AM
Just another way for our govt into scaring the people into thinking that guns are bad. Imagine if someone was carrying a gun in the theatre? This could have been avoided.

Guns are bad, has Batman not taught anything?!

Awesome movie but I could barely understand a thing Bane was saying throughout the first part of the movie because the projector guy had the volume WAY too high. Seriously, I was closer to shitting my pants because of the bass in his voice than understanding him. Problem was resolved after the intermission though.

[spoiler] Is Bruce Wayne still alive? or was Alfred just seeing what he wanted to see? [/spoiler]

sing blue silver

He's still alive. He repaired the autopilot. Nolan pulled a Prestige.

Saw it again last night, seeig it a 3rd time (2nd time in IMAX) tomorrow.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 23, 2012, 12:48 PM
He's still alive. He repaired the autopilot. Nolan pulled a Prestige.
Definitely. More evidence is John Blake getting those coordinates, and who repaired the Bat signal that Gordon saw at the end?
DERP

sing blue silver

Yup. Faked his death and retired. 
The only thing is at the end does everyone know Bruce is batman? How do they explain Bruce's death coinciding with batman getting blown up? Seems it'd be pretty obvious.

one weak

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 23, 2012, 09:05 AM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 22, 2012, 04:58 AM

Most likely an MK Ultra case. Where did he get his guns from? Riot gear? Working at McDonalds? and how could one person shoot 82 people? Oh I know, he wasn't alone. This wasn't an act of some "lone gunman"...this was planned. We will never hear a true investigation on ballistics, his true background, why he just caved in to the cops, etc etc. The event happened, now the MSM has begun their psych warfare. HES A TEABAGGER! Oh now HE A DEMOCRAT! oh and now he's part of OCCUPY! Trust me, no true investigation will happen. These acts have happened before [Last year with Loughner in Arizona] PROBLEM-REACTION-SOLUTION

Christ, you are batshit crazy aren't you?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 23, 2012, 03:12 PM
Yup. Faked his death and retired. 
The only thing is at the end does everyone know Bruce is batman? How do they explain Bruce's death coinciding with batman getting blown up? Seems it'd be pretty obvious.
It does seem obvious. And if everyone knows the truth behind Bruce/Batman/Dent/Gordon, wouldn't crime go right back to where it was before the Dent Act?
DERP