Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

That's when you stop questioning and just let it be. Suspension of Disbelief. It isn't real you guys ;-)

And one weak, pun intended? Anyways, I prefer to call myself paranoid.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BillyNo.9

Super duper then. I just wasn't sure if he fixed it and just wanted to die anyway. So much unexplained but oh wells, a fitting end.

sing blue silver

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 23, 2012, 05:01 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 23, 2012, 03:12 PM
Yup. Faked his death and retired. 
The only thing is at the end does everyone know Bruce is batman? How do they explain Bruce's death coinciding with batman getting blown up? Seems it'd be pretty obvious.
It does seem obvious. And if everyone knows the truth behind Bruce/Batman/Dent/Gordon, wouldn't crime go right back to where it was before the Dent Act?

Possibly but I think the whole situation would unite the city a bit more. People realized that Gordon only had their best interests in mind. Also with there being a new Batman (or Robin or Nightwing or whatever), they'd have their asses promptly whooped.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Bale is just awesome. Right on.

BillyNo.9

AND HI WOS B0RN IN WALES TOO OMG!!1

But seriously he is one pimp as fuck actor. That terminator bullshit dented him a bit, but I doubt people even remember about that now.

theis

He's a class act. Simple as that.

The Terminator episode didn't even bother in the first place.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jul 25, 2012, 11:00 AM
But seriously he is one pimp as fuck actor. That terminator bullshit dented him a bit, but I doubt people even remember about that now.
Coincidentally, that was also a clusterfuck of a movie. Maybe it put it on edge?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I actually really like Salvation, haha.

I think it's miles better than Rise of the Machines.

*Runs for cover*

bright lights, big city

I recently had a conversation about the best movie trilogies of all time. Many are brought down by the 3rd movie, and a few of my friends brought up Terminator. They bitched about the acting, the CGI, the gaping plot holes of T3. I guess I need to go back and watch it because I've been a defender of T3 since it came out.
DERP

theis

I think it's pretty bad, but I gotta give it some props for the ending. That was great.

BillyNo.9

I thought Salvation was a decent movie, and I'd agree it was better than T3. I was sceptical about Bale replacing Arnie as the star, but then I realised it was Christian Bale, I don't think he's ever been in a shitty movie. While I'm at it Machinist is a favourite of mine, that flick goes to show how dedicated he is to his career.

from_musings

when i got to the cinema a little early, me and my gf had a smoke outside of it, waiting for our turn.. and when we saw people coming out from this movie, by their faces, it looked like they had been on a rollercoaster for 3 hours, their eyes rolled around, biggest smiles ever, they hardly knew what was up or down. i was like "what's going on? what happened in there?"  After seeing it for ourselves, when we came out of the movie, we were exactly the same, thrilled out of our minds. amazing film. I was a little worried about catwoman and the batwing but it all came about very natural. bane was incredible, every time he spoke, I got chills. so many cool moments,what a journey.
i really hope as few people as possible downloads this and watch it at their laptop or whatever

bright lights, big city

saw it again last night on IMAX. I'm putting this one ahead of Dark Knight now.
DERP

dawg

the movie is great!

but it has a few writing mistakes.
[spoiler]
like how did the bikes get into the stock exchange?
and how did bruce get back to gotham being in that financial situation and without any form of ID?
and wouldn't the atomic cloud at least have blown over to some populated area? he couldn't have flown that far out in the short amount of time.
[/spoiler]

still a great movie! but not better than dark knight!

sing blue silver

I've now seen it twice in IMAX and twice in the regular theatre. Still blows me away but I wouldn't put it ahead of the other 2 films. I think recently Batman Begins has become my favorite of the trilogy. It's just a brilliant drama. Still TDKR is a fantastic film and completes my new official favorite film trilogy of all time.

chick de la lynch

I just came back from seeing this film with my brother and I was blown away. My brother is a big nerd boy and has pretty much read most of the Batman comics. He anticipated a lot of what happened in the film, but still enjoyed how it was put together. I, on the other hand, only read a handful of the Batman comics and managed to follow the plot and enjoy it at the same time.

I think Nolan managed to make a film that catered both to the hardcore Batman fans and the ones who just enjoy watching a good action flick, which isn't an easy thing to do. The acting was nothing less than superb. The ensemble was fantastic. All of the characters were intelligent and very well thought out and well-spoken people, while still having a lot of depth to them. The mise en scene was beautiful. There was nothing cheesy or over-the-top about this film. It was just awesome. Easily one of the best films of the year.

I don't think Nolan gets enough credit for being an amazing director. I still feel as if he's the underrated guy who made a few good films. Maybe I'm wrong, but he needs more recognition. It's a little sad he won't be directing another Batman film. It's smart of him though to leave while still on top.

The way he ended the trilogy was brilliant. It tied everything up while still giving us something to think about. Is it better than The Dark Knight? I'm still on the fence with that one. I think the one thing that really made The Dark Knight better than this film was Ledger's pitch perfect performance as the Joker. Otherwise, I'd say this one was the best of the trilogy. Tom Hardy played Bane pretty fucking well to the point where he scared the living shit out of me in the first five minutes of the film. I will definitely be seeing Bronson in the very, very near future.

Even though I'm gushing about this film, I still hate the title.

Penicks

ordinary action flick i will not be remembering tomorrow, nolan completely ruined batman in my opinion, and without a great gimmick (the joker in the last film) the movie has nothing to fall back on

from_musings

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 04, 2012, 10:42 AM
nolan completely ruined batman in my opinion

wow :o any example of a person or persons who did batman justice on screen?