Penicks

sing blue silver

"Ice to see you!"
"Stay cool, Birdboy."
"Freeze in hell Batman!"
"Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming!"
"The Ice-Man cometh!"
"Let's kick some ice!"
"Allow me to break the ice. My name is Freeze. Learn it well. For it's the chilling sound of your doom."
" The icy cold of space! At 30,000 feet, your heart will *freeze* and be no more!"
"If revenge is a dish best served cold, then put on your Sunday finest. It's time to feast!"
"Their bones will turn to ice! Their blood will freeze in my hands!"
"Cool party!"
"In this universe, there's only one absolute... everything freezes!"
"What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!"
"Tonight, hell freezes over!"
"Mercy? I'm afraid my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy."
"You're not sending ME to the COOLER!"

Most quotable villain in the Batman franchise history?

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

from_musings

Quote from: dawg on Jul 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
the movie is great!

but it has a few writing mistakes.
[spoiler]
like how did the bikes get into the stock exchange?
and how did bruce get back to gotham being in that financial situation and without any form of ID?
and wouldn't the atomic cloud at least have blown over to some populated area? he couldn't have flown that far out in the short amount of time.
[/spoiler]

still a great movie! but not better than dark knight!

[spoiler]

"how did bruce get back to gotham being in that financial situation and without any form of ID?"

you know how in some scary movies you see a killer slay some victims one by to show that he's badass? later in the film they don't have to show every detail of a kill, it just can be a short scene when the murderer enters a room, a victim turns around,screams - murderer pulls out a knife and smilies and then they cut the scene. you can by now understand what will happen and fantazise up every detail if you want, they don't have to show you everything bc they explained the charachter. in batman begins, bruce travels around the world trying to understand the criminals minds,hiding from the world - this without any money,id,passport or nothing. he does this even before he's the full batman, he's just a noob. he then becomes batman, is the full batman, and now in this third film is beaten but on his way up again. after he climbed the prison pit it's a "he's back and badass again" moment. the audience know what he can do when he got his shit together, so i don't think it's necessary to show every detail how he gets back, not in the final part of a triolgy when they already explained it in the beginning of the 3 films. it would not only make the film even longer, but it would ruin the "back in gotham to kick ass" moment for me.i think it was cool storytelling and wouldn't want it any other way and him being back in gotham was a cool direct contrast to the pit like that.

"how did the bikes get into the stock exchange?"

backdoors/other entrances? if they showed how they got the bikes in there,which of course they could,the surprise moment wouldn't be there.which it was for me - in a cool way. these guys weren't amateur criminals,they had a well thought out plan, of course escaping was planned to

"wouldn't the atomic cloud at least have blown over to some populated area? he couldn't have flown that far out in the short amount of time"

i just thought it was a bomb big enough to take out a city but not big enough to do any damage from the place it exploded, not much of critical thinking from me there :-)  i'm gonna watch this part more focused next time i'll see it. maybe this was lazy,can't say at this point, but i didn't think the first two questions were "mistakes"

[/spoiler]

rock_n_frost

Batman should have been died on that explosion
Lets say he went enough distance in 10 seconds so nothing happened to city
But how much did he go away after the bomb explode?
It is stupid.
It has so many stupid things.
I didnt like it

from_musings

if you're fine with gotham's ppl being safe from the bomb blast, then what if batman also was in gotham at the time
the bomb exploded? at one point in the film, fox said the plane's auto pilot was broken. but in the final scenes, he
says someone (batman) fixed it (i think it was fox saying it, maybe some other guy). what does that mean to you?
a possability those things got mentioned could be that batman got out of the plane way before it was over water.
did you see batman in the plane when it was over water? i didn't.  now if the bomb was too near the city i have to check again

rock_n_frost

rock_n_frost

Here it is : do not post links to copyright material (drop-dead)

02:30:00

Batman is in the plane. And bringing the bomb. And also they've said the bomb can destroy the entire city

And you can see he has only 10 seconds.

from_musings

ok! I'm going to see the movie at the theaters again this weekend so I will not download anything now... but i will pay close attention to speed,seconds and whereabouts when i see it. i was looking forward to seeing it again, but now i really do :)

rock_n_frost

it is a stream video not downloadable. Just bring it to the 02:30 and you ll see

from_musings

no i want everything to feel as freash as possible, but i will take your word on it. I guess it takes skills to get the audience to believe he's dead at one point, but then when he is not dead,you should be able to see it again and the scenes will work with the new knowledge that he's alive too. maybe they pulled it off,maybe they didn't. i know what you think though  ;)

rock_n_frost

from_musings

saw it again (loved the shit out of it this time too) but yeah you were right - there was a shot of batman when he's in the bat above in the water, so i remembered it wrong.i guess he jumped out of it at sea,not the city, and in the way it's presented in the movie - possibly too near the explosion to make sense.we don't get to see all,can only imagine things.
but yeah i could understand how you see this part as a problem if you don't look it as a superhero movie.right now i can't say this scene walk hand in hand with the talk about how this triolgy should be, not completely real, but more realistic than other batman films.
but gladly for me it doesn't ruin the film for me in anyway, i still buy it. i choose to see these films as they have more realism in them
but not being completley real, i like it if it gets a little "out of this world" comic book like,as an escape from real life.
like how can talia as a little girl make that jump in the prison pit,while the other adults down there couldn't do it although they have longer arms,legs, more muscle more brains etc,she pulled it off simply because she's one of the main villains and should be able to do "unrealistic" stuff, just like if batman did something out of this world kind of shit in the end,no problem for me.i dig stuff like that to some extent, just as long as it doesn't turn into over the top avengers stuff.

but hey i did enjoy prometheus too, so obviously i try not to sit and watch these films with my arms crossed and say "yeah right" "too stupid" all the time or too much,i have an other attitude towards some films. this film is not flawless by any means, but what film is? :)love it though, right now even more than batman begins,which was my favourite bm movie until this one. rises>begins>dark knight

Blaze

Great movie, probably watched it 3 times now in the theatre. Definitely one of my favorites of 2012, though wish some things could've been done better. The mayors death was pretty anti-climactic, and not too sure if I bought the whole "knee brace" thing. But other than that, still astounding. Nolan has yet to disappoint.

rock_n_frost

1st 1 hour was fully empty for me.
True, its a superhero movie at least, im not judging. Batman is a more realistic hero than others.

Nope Dark Knight was better for me.
This one was just an ok film.

dictatesofreason

bright lights, big city

so many haters round these parts.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

A 30-minutes longer Director's Cut?

Quote"...according to our reliable spies, we will be able to see how Bane learns to fight plus more scenes involving Ra's Al Ghul. The new Director's Cut is said to make the film about thirty minutes longer."

http://www.chud.com/105985/why-rumors-the-dark-knight-rises-blu-ray-will-include-nolans-1st-directors-cut-are-likely-true/

Oh yes, fucking yes.